Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Marc Spears Article on Eric Gordon's recommitment to New Orleans {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Some of y'all are so bitter, it's pathetic. Everything he does or say now is under a microscope.. ready to be over-analyzed and picked apart. According to you, He just can't say or do anything right. You tell him to grow up, call him immature, and act like you're all so much better than he is as a person.. and yet, you think the responses you make about him makes you any better? All you're doing is proving his point. You don't know the process.. so don't act like you knew what went on behind the scenes or the reasons behind it.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomansauce
    Personally, I'm glad the guy is back, and I seriously hope he is committed, because he will be the biggest reason if we do hope to win a championship.

The "bipolar" thing seems a bit harsh to me, it's more like an inept politician. I don't know his true feelings, but it kinda seems like he's just trying to: a) please people and b) cover his back. In doing one he failed in the other since he is not versed enough to speak vaguely enough not to get in trouble, but be specific enough to please.

The "my heart is in Phoenix" thing is whatever. He said what he said, and we have to get over it. The guy will be here. New Orleanians (myself included) tend to take affront to our city and people to the extreme. Both a blessing and a curse. It's not like he's been here for very long anyway. It was a year in which he was traded abruptly, injured, and played on a bad team. He needs to mature, sure, but he's 23 years old. I give him a pass - AS LONG as he proves his commitment on and off the court. He needs to be a leader. He needs to show the New Orleans community that he is committed to both the Hornets AND the city itself via charitable works, appearances, etc.
    And this.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 07-18-2012 at 11:42 AM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bush2007 View Post
    And for some of you to call the guy dumb is a little harsh....
    maybe, but he deserves it

....payback

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    How did he 'milk' an injury if it was an injury he evidently ended up having surgery for? Did Okafor 'milk' an injury? He's the one that had an 'injury' that we rarely heard anything about. Didn't hear much about it and he didn't have surgery.
    He milked the injury because it was a injury that Pros play thru during a season and normally have surgery in the off season, to clear/clean up some debris. But if a player choose to have the surgery, it's normally a 3-6 week rehab pending on the player. EJ choose to delay the surgery and base his season on the contract commitment of the Hornets with a Max Deal coming his way. And that's the whole big riff between Dell and EJ, it's still present as of today with the non-communication from Dell. Dell wants a professional player in his locker room, were as EJ wanted his money to determine his respect in the league regardless of his limited play! Bottom line, Eric Gordon could've played last year but choose not to but still wanted his money, by delaying his surgery........He Milked his injury!

•They would never say it publicly but it happened and #ItsTheTruth!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 07-18-2012 at 12:00 PM.

well, his "milking" the injury did net us the unibrow - so I can't be too upset about it. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come from Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    He milked the injury because it was a injury that Pros play thru during a season and normally have surgery in the off season, to clear/clean up some debris. But if a player choose to have the surgery, it's normally a 3-6 week rehab pending on the player. EJ choose to delay the surgery and base his season on the contract commitment of the Hornets with a Max Deal coming his way. And that's the whole big riff between Dell and EJ, it's still present as of today with the non-communication from Dell. Dell wants a professional player in his licker room, we're as EJ wanted his money to determine his respect in the league regardless of his limited play! Bottom line, Eric Gordon could've played last year but choose not to but still wanted his money, by delaying his surgery........He Milked his injury!

#ItsTheTruth!
    "#ItsTheTruth"? Based on what? Your assumptions and conjecture?

For all we know, the team could have held him out longer then necessary in order to effectively tank...you think it's a coincidence that the NOLA doctors didn't manage a correct diagnosis for months after the initial injury?

Exactly.

How many players have had a surgery for a 'bruised knee'? Which was what was reported that Gordon had. People were saying "OMG! How does a bruised knee take this long to heal??!!" Even the TP writers were saying things like "Nicolas Batum who has been diagnosed with a bruised knee is playing tonight against the Hornets". Seemingly insinuating that if Batum can play, so can Gordon. As if all bruised knees are created equal. Imagine how they felt when they found out the guy had to have surgery for something that turned out to be more than a bruised knee. If his injury was diagnosed properly in the first place there wouldn't have been a delay.

I don't know but I thought most players like to show out in contract seasons. He's had a history of injuries before coming to NOLA. Knowing another injury could possibly affect your next contract why would a player even consider 'milking' an injury?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post

For all we know, the team could have held him out longer then necessary in order to effectively tank...you think it's a coincidence that the NOLA doctors didn't manage a correct diagnosis for months after the initial injury?

Exactly.
    Could be. And if that's the case, we can say the TEAM milked his injury. The Hornets weren't expected to go anywhere anyways this past season after losing Paul and West. Most thought we'd be the worst team in the entire league. No real need to force an injured player (one who's still very young and still has a career in front of him) to play games that won't mean much. You don't play with knee injuries. Those can end up being career ending.

I understand people being p*ssed at him but come on. Look elsewhere rather than the 'milking the injury' route.

Next I guess we're going to hear someone say he didn't really have a surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post

Exactly.
    I agree. We consistently did this all season long with others. Why wouldn't we have done it with Gordon?

Heck, we even sat Kaman and Ariza for no apparent reason.

Makes a ton more sense than the conspiracy theory that BIGBREED outlined...

Talking about medical staffs in another thread, most of us here know that the Hornets medical staff hasn't been one to be praised. With new ownership, could there be a chance that the medical staff gets better?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    i think your caps lock is broken. and its probably harder to play 82 games in 1 season of nba than it is to play 9. lets be more realistic and hope for around 65-70
    Not good enough or acceptable, especially with the type of money he is now making. 78 games minimum and nothing less.

Talking about medical staffs in another thread, most of us here know that the Hornets medical staff hasn't been one to be praised. With new ownership, could there be a chance that the medical staff gets better?
    Pretty sure we got a whole new training staff when we got Dell and Monty...i distinctly remember talking to someone about how i was excited about us getting new Trainers and new Scouts when the whole Regime changed happened....?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Pretty sure we got a whole new training staff when we got Dell and Monty...i distinctly remember talking to someone about how i was excited about us getting new Trainers and new Scouts when the whole Regime changed happened....?
    I know long time trainer Terry Kofler went out.

How's the Saints medical staff?

I know long time trainer Terry Kofler went out.

How's the Saints medical staff?
    The difference to it seems to me between Saints and Hornets med staff is (and i am by no means a doctor so take it at face value)..The saints staff seem to attack problems with Surgeries RIGHT AWAY get it knocked out where as the Hornets take a more "wait and see" approach?
    I agree the Gordon thing was STRANGE but it may be the same thing as with Blake Griffin..he tried to just let it rest and heal and ended up needing surgery on it now after practicing with team USA?... Again...my name is not Dr James Andrews

The difference to it seems to me between Saints and Hornets med staff is (and i am by no means a doctor so take it at face value)..The saints staff seem to attack problems with Surgeries RIGHT AWAY get it knocked out where as the Hornets take a more "wait and see" approach?
    I agree the Gordon thing was STRANGE but it may be the same thing as with Blake Griffin..he tried to just let it rest and heal and ended up needing surgery on it now after practicing with team USA?... Again...my name is not Dr James Andrews
    I understand the rest and rehab approach because sometimes that's all that's needed. And I'm certainly not a doctor, but do bone bruises normally have to keep getting drained? I mean after draining that thing 2 or 3 times shouldn't it be known that maybe something else might be going on?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    Not good enough or acceptable, especially with the type of money he is now making. 78 games minimum and nothing less.
    Are you serious? Missing 4 games a season? That is just not realistic.

I understand the rest and rehab approach because sometimes that's all that's needed. And I'm certainly not a doctor, but do bone bruises normally have to keep getting drained? I mean after draining that thing 2 or 3 times shouldn't it be known that maybe something else might be going on?
    true true. BUT we also don't know if perhaps Gordon wanted to avoid having surgery? Maybe he was skeered? Maybe word came from the Tank commander to wait it out longer?
    I am NOT defending the med staff i am just playing devil's advocate here. If it was me after missing 3 weeks from a "bone bruise" its time to MRI that thing and go under the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Are you serious? Missing 4 games a season? That is just not realistic.
    How many max, superstar players play only 65-70 games a season? I want names too

true true. BUT we also don't know if perhaps Gordon wanted to avoid having surgery? Maybe he was skeered? Maybe word came from the Tank commander to wait it out longer?
    I am NOT defending the med staff i am just playing devil's advocate here. If it was me after missing 3 weeks from a "bone bruise" its time to MRI that thing and go under the knife.
    Any of this could be possible. The only point I'm trying to make in all of this is the Hornets medical staff hasn't been one of those staffs that has been talked about as being a great one. They probably aren't the worst though.

Injuries don't really listen to what's fair or worthy of salary. What happens happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Injuries don't really listen to what's fair or worthy of salary. What happens happens.
    I understand injuries, I also understand some players are tough physically to play through them and still play at a high level.

I understand injuries, I also understand some players are tough physically to play through them and still play at a high level.
    I don't about his injuries before he became a Hornet but I don't know many players that play at a high level with a fluid filled knee.

I don't about his injuries before he became a Hornet but I don't know many players that play at a high level with a fluid filled knee.
    There's a history of injury that's only gotten worse season after season.

There's a history of injury that's only gotten worse season after season.
    Perhaps but since you're a Hornets fan, not saying you have to be a Gordon fan, but since you're a Hornets fan you should be hoping that he doesn't sustain serious injuries so we can be a successful team. Rather than going on and on about past injuries. Because he's ours now and we need to hope for the best.

Perhaps but since you're a Hornets fan, not saying you have to be a Gordon fan, but since you're a Hornets fan you should be hoping that he doesn't sustain serious injuries so we can be a successful team. Rather than going on and on about past injuries. Because he's ours now and we need to hope for the best.
    I shouldn't have to hope anything if Gordon really is the caliber player that he claims he is. He's the one that went on a temper tantrum through the media because the Hornets first official offer didn't represent the caliber player he claims himself to be. Now his tail needs to prove it on the court or get booed unmercifully and be labeled the new Baron Davis.

I shouldn't have to hope anything if Gordon really is the caliber player that he claims he is. He's the one that went on a temper tantrum through the media because the Hornets first official offer didn't represent the caliber player he claims himself to be. Now his tail needs to prove it on the court or get booed unmercifully and be labeled the new Baron Davis.
    K.

Thread Information