Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Marc Spears Article on Eric Gordon's recommitment to New Orleans {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks View Post
    I get that, but he's an asset that is getting paid millions of dollars. He should know the fans don't know how hard it must be for a restricted free agent, because we don't live that life. Being a restricted free agent is hard? He knew what he was doing when he gave the "heart in Phoenix" statement, but now he says he wished he could have handled it better. Really? I guess we should say Dwight Howard is misunderstood too. EG's the one who didn't understand it was a business.

I couldn't care less what he says now, he needs to do his talking on the court.
    I hope he really does know that he could have handled it better. Sounds like he's kind of admitting that he didn't go about it the right way imo.

I'm just ready for the season to start and hopefully things go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Some people here take things too personally.

Everyone is an asset and everything is business. This is a business. People do what they have to do to get what they want, both player and GM.

Demps, Monty, and Gordon are all moving on from it and making the best of the situation. Now it's the fans' turn.
    You're right from a GM perspective but a coach has to have the I care about you as a person feeling. Think about the hornets gm as a regular
    CFO and Monty as a department manager .. Different levels entice different strategies and perceptions.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I agree with bee-fense
    I was too busy looking at Struttin' Stern.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I'm shocked! Who could have seen this coming?!

But to say that "we" don't understand the business side of things... uh what? You're right, EJ I don't understand what your tactics were, especially if you "knew New Orleans would match all along". Give me a break.
    Wherehappens.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    The dude is sktizo, no question. No one was talking to him but he was talking to Monty the whole time. He questions Austin Rivers being drafted, but it's cool now. He didn't feel any love, but he says he was told all along that the Hornets wanted him and would match any offer. It's not his fault, we don't understand. What is so freaking mind boggling about RFA? You get offers, you sign one and then see if your team wants to pay you that. Really? Poor baby, I know that can be a lot to handle. I want to love this guy, but he makes it SO hard. Someone muzzle him.

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherNLU View Post
    The dude is sktizo, no question. No one was talking to him but he was talking to Monty the whole time. He questions Austin Rivers being drafted, but it's cool now. He didn't feel any love, but he says he was told all along that the Hornets wanted him and would match any offer. It's not his fault, we don't understand. What is so freaking mind boggling about RFA? You get offers, you sign one and then see if your team wants to pay you that. Really? Poor baby, I know that can be a lot to handle. I want to love this guy, but he makes it SO hard. Someone muzzle him.
    He's not skitzo! MONEY TALKS!

Great point. Sounds very bipolar. I honestly think there's more to this whole situation... Something more... Oh well, we'll probably never know.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Clearly he is bipolar.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Some of y'all are so bitter, it's pathetic. Everything he does or say now is under a microscope.. ready to be over-analyzed and picked apart. According to you, He just can't say or do anything right. You tell him to grow up, call him immature, and act like you're all so much better than he is as a person.. and yet, you think the responses you make about him makes you any better? All you're doing is proving his point. You don't know the process.. so don't act like you knew what went on behind the scenes or the reasons behind it.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Some of y'all are so bitter, it's pathetic. Everything he does or say now is under a microscope.. ready to be over-analyzed and picked apart. According to you, He just can't say or do anything right. You tell him to grow up, call him immature, and act like you're all so much better than he is as a person.. and yet, you think the responses you make about him makes you any better? All you're doing is proving his point. You don't know the process.. so don't act like you knew what went on behind the scenes or the reasons behind it.
    I am not bitter at all, the guy is supposed to be our best player and our leader and everytime he opens his mouth, stupidity comes out. I want to love him again but he makes it hard, he really does. I will be 100% benhind him when the season starts, but right now I am still a little put off about the way this whole thing went down. Calm down bro.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The vindictive fans won't let this go. And every single thing he says or even does will be held against him. This was the wrong time to let an agent or whoever talk about wanting to be elsewhere. Not after the dude we traded for him went out the same way.

Do I blame them? Don't care. He's a Hornet. They will cheer and be happy when he leads us to wins...or gnash their teeth and curse his name if he gets hurt via some freak accident again.

"It's going to take time," Gordon said. "I can see it developing to be really good in a few years. But as of right now I wouldn't go over the top with it because those guys are young. They don't know how to play in big game situations yet."

Umm has Gordon played in a 'big' game yet?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The vindictive fans won't let this go. And every single thing he says or even does will be held against him. This was the wrong time to let an agent or whoever talk about wanting to be elsewhere. Not after the dude we traded for him went out the same way.

Do I blame them? Don't care. He's a Hornet. They will cheer and be happy when he leads us to wins...or gnash their teeth and curse his name if he gets hurt via some freak accident again.
    He brought it all on himself, I expect a few weeks of people holding grudges.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    "It's going to take time," Gordon said. "I can see it developing to be really good in a few years. But as of right now I wouldn't go over the top with it because those guys are young. They don't know how to play in big game situations yet."

Ummm Gold Medal in the World Championships not a big game for you?

First off,

1. Those comments were made before the contract was OFFICIAL. There was over a week in between.
    2. Once it was official, You didn't hear a peep out of Gordon.
    3. The Suns could pull the contract at anytime prior to the official signing date.
    4. Gordon did what he had to do to secure that contract.
    5. If Gordon really wanted out, he wouldn't say the things he's saying now.

Gordon and his agent did what was necessary to make sure they secured that contract. There were 7-8 days in between. If there were doubt, the Suns could have pulled the contract and went in a different direction. That's a lot of time for the Suns to second guess themselves.

Aren't there enough players in the league you guys don't like? How about you let this one slide. Are there are none of us that have said something stupid or made a bad decision, get over it.

Oh but i forgot he doesn't "love" New Orleans, get over yourselves seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    No, no, no, no, I am better than him, they do, he didn't know the process, I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post

He's played in clutch situations yes. And Remember, he was a key cog of that 2010 USA team. Incredible defense and superb outside shooting. Its what helped him for his 2010/11 LAC season.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Don't hold a grudge but I don't kiss the ground the guy walks on, either.

I'll admit that I'll be one of the posters on here bashing Gordon as soon as he get's injured and misses long stretches of games again

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I don't personally hold a grudge but I can't blame anyone who does. All this could've easily been avoided should he have thought "maybe this will heat up some fans...". And heat up some fans it did. I'm over it, but I won't defend him if anyone bad mouths him.

(Facepalm) Where do yall learn your psychology? The chuckie cheeses menu? Lol im kidding but hes not schizo or bipolar if he was he probably would struggle to function. He may have a personality disorder maybe but damn... I hope yall are joking... Not trying to be a ****** it just annoys me when ppl throw this **** around and they dont know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Don't hold a grudge but I don't kiss the ground the guy walks on, either.
    No one is asking you to. Just refrain from petty name calling and self serving mocking of a guy that has never done anything to you. (not YOU in particular, people around here get very sensitive if they think they are being called out.) Is it really too much to ask for people to be civilized and maintain a perspective that you don't have to analyze every word a guy says looking for potential slights to your hometown pride and then lash out with petty verbal swipes.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Interesting comments about Demps.

I'm not sure why he's done a complete 180 in how he deals with his players.

I remember starting out how often he was reported to have brought guys like David West and Chris Paul into his office to give them heads up on moves they may be making and to sit them down for conversations about the teams future and how much he wanted them to be a part of it.
    The way I look at CP3 is a multi-time allstar and a top ten player and DWest is a 2 time all-star and a vet. Eric Gordon has yet to really prove anything so why should Demps really concern himself with getting EG's input especially when he holds all the cards to match any offer.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySunday View Post
    The way I look at CP3 is a multi-time allstar and a top ten player and DWest is a 2 time all-star and a vet. Eric Gordon has yet to really prove anything so why should Demps really concern himself with getting EG's input especially when he holds all the cards to match any offer.
    But there's a problem with all that. Obviously Demps holds him in high regard. How else would you explain matching the max offer sheet?

Or how he has repeatedly said that EJ is their best player, and that they wanted to retain him. Demps has shown in the past that he believes in confiding in the teams best player(s). Why not now?
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-18-2012 at 02:21 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information