Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Andray Blatche Amensty!!

Rumor Andray Blatche Amensty!!

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...se-on-blatche/

Listed at 6"11 IDK if he is a power forward or centre, i just know him for making a clutch three against OKC last season (:

He averaged 16.8 ppg along with 8.2 rebounds per game in 2010-2011 for wizards before have a down season with injury last season.

I say we get this guy and use him as our center!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    NO THANK YOU

one of the biggest headcases in the league and is horribly inefficient. pass pass pass

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Options are running thin... Eh, I could get behind this.

It would be a longshot. Demps has already stated that he doesn't want any "Jerks" near this lockerroom.

IDK much about him.. is he a jerk? Im just looking at the stats atm, and he looks not bad when in form

Just no!
    Seriously, if there was just the stat do you think they would waive him?
    Btw, he is a PF not a center, he does not defend (at all), has poor shot selection, can't pass and is a jerk (the biggest plague in Washington's locker room the past few years).
    No way Demps will even take a look at him (and I'm not even sure a team will).

Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    Just no!
    Seriously, if there was just the stat do you think they would waive him?
    Btw, he is a PF not a center, he does not defend (at all), has poor shot selection, can't pass and is a jerk (the biggest plague in Washington's locker room the past few years).
    No way Demps will even take a look at him (and I'm not even sure a team will).
    Perfect way to sum him up.
    He is horrible in every way possible.

Blatche is pretty much the chief "knucklehead" on the Wizards over the past few years. I want to say that he's the guy who shot at his own basket to get a "rebound" so he could finish a game with a triple-double. He's a massive ball hog ... he isn't without talent, but he'd be a heck of a reclamation project to take on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    IDK much about him.. is he a jerk? Im just looking at the stats atm, and he looks not bad when in form
    Have a read...

http://wizofawes.com/2012/01/14/andr...ards-failings/

Headcases come with the culture... even Ron Ron chilled out for a few seasons. SJax too.

Maybe he needs a change of scenery, it seemed to work for McGee.

I'd be ALL for this if it is in fact true. Blatche is a beast when he's not hurt.

This guy will be stuck inside Monty's Doghouse if we ever sign him

Pass. He is a head case. I have to admit, I have no clue why the Hornets have passed on all of the big men that have been amnestied before him though.

Javalee McGee may be stupid amd lack awareness. Blatche is all of that and he's a cancer NO WAY.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    im still on the fence about this one. can i learn to ignore the head case moments if he plays like he did in 09 and 10? maybe.

Like I've said many times...I live in the DC area and have seen him play and have met him in person...dude is a complete headcase. I'd take McGee a thousand times over Blatche....dude is the definition of a cancer and I doubt Monty has time to waste on this guy. He does not take the fact that he's in the NBA seriously....not at all...

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure we'd be better off asking Anthony Davis to spend a weekend in a crack den as opposed to being exposed to Blatche for a season. He was involved in a shooting http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092600612.html and has had numerous issues with his coaching staff http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-making-a-shot . ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie713 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we'd be better off asking Anthony Davis to spend a weekend in a crack den as opposed to being exposed to Blatche for a season. He was involved in a shooting http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092600612.html and has had numerous issues with his coaching staff http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-making-a-shot . ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!
    .....its funny cuz its TRUE

Outlandishly Optimistic... 2poor's Avatar
    the 15 Wizards fans that were still showing up to games at the end of the year made a point to boo him, loudly, every time he touched the ball.

Never looking back...or too far in front of me - the present is a gift, and I just wanna BEE.

Hell No.....

This is one of those times where the stats don't even begin to tell the story. Part of the Hornets strength is their chemistry and the fact that everyone buys in to Monty's system. The only way I'd take on Blatche is if a lottery pick came with him and he was cheap enough that he could get the Marcus Banks treatment.

Hale to da naw...

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    He could average 20 and 15 and I wouldn't want him.

In all honesty I think people just need to calm down about the whole "we need a center right now!" thing. I mean people are being reduced to making "should we look @ Blatche" threads for God sake. LOL.... I know people are just worried about AD having to play that position but right now we are in rebuilding mode. Demps is being smart by taking his time and doing it the right way instead of panicking and picking up any and every garbage or over paid center on the waiver wire. There is a plan obviously...as fans we may not know what it is but thats fine. I mean look how the Ryan Anderson deal came out of left field. Just cuz we don't know what he's doing doesn't mean Demps is doing nothing. He's been scouting a lot of these summer league games as well. If anything we just need a big body at this point & time...I'd rather a DLeaguer or a Summer League guy getting picked up for basically pennies than a guy than a guy that is old, washed up, undersized or a headcase.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    In all honesty I think people just need to calm down about the whole "we need a center right now!" thing. I mean people are being reduced to making "should we look @ Blatche" threads for God sake. LOL.... I know people are just worried about AD having to play that position but right now we are in rebuilding mode. Demps is being smart by taking his time and doing it the right way instead of panicking and picking up any and every garbage or over paid center on the waiver wire. There is a plan obviously...as fans we may not know what it is but thats fine. I mean look how the Ryan Anderson deal came out of left field. Just cuz we don't know what he's doing doesn't mean Demps is doing nothing. He's been scouting a lot of these summer league games as well. If anything we just need a big body at this point & time...I'd rather a DLeaguer or a Summer League guy getting picked up for basically pennies than a guy than a guy that is old, washed up, undersized or a headcase.
    i agree with everything you just said, but i would like to add:

1). Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, we have a hole at the center position.
    2). Players that are getting amnestied and waived will be a lot cheaper for another team to aquire, i mean good Lord elton brand got picked up for 2.1 million.
    3). Patience is the key, but something will get done. Demps admitted to the need at center and he knows we need to fill it. Even if it is just a temporary fix for just 1 season. I think most of us have come to the realization that we are not going to make a blockbuster trade for a center.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 07-17-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Thread Information