Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Andray Blatche Amensty!!

Jesus people have you ever seen a wizards game? Wanting a player with a mean streak is absolutely fine, I know I do, and Dennis Rodman even made the hall of fame despite, or perhaps because of, his insanity. But...

ANDRAY BLATCHE AND JAVALE MCGEE AREN'T SIMILAR, AND NEITHER ARE SIMILAR TO RODMAN

McGee is kinda goofy, Blatche is just a lazy and unskilled bum. Neither is a psychotic big man who dominated defense and the boards while terrorizing the other team.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504s Deek View Post
    Jesus people have you ever seen a wizards game? Wanting a player with a mean streak is absolutely fine, I know I do, and Dennis Rodman even made the hall of fame despite, or perhaps because of, his insanity. But...

ANDRAY BLATCHE AND JAVALE MCGEE AREN'T SIMILAR, AND NEITHER ARE SIMILAR TO RODMAN

McGee is kinda goofy, Blatche is just a lazy and unskilled bum. Neither is a psychotic big man who dominated defense and the boards while terrorizing the other team.
    good point, they dont make em like rodman anymore, the game/officiating almost doesnt allow it

Sprewell, Artest and Birdman all got a second chance... Not a shame if we give a 2nd chance to a still young and athletic big man.
    Brand and Scola were cheap after amnesty, he could be very cheap... If he don't work hard, let him at home like Marcus Banks or Ariza...

I would prefer a gamble on him than a bid on a "6 foul garbage 7ft" center...

Speeking of Birdman, I'd rather bid on him then Blatche honestly ...
    Not as talented but a lot fewer flaws too.

NEWS: Andray Blatche is expected to clear waivers after being amnestied by the Wizards.

ANALYSIS: Blatche, just 25 years old, is the youngest player to be waived using the amnesty provision. If he goes unclaimed, Blatche will become an unrestricted free agent and will be eligible to sign with any team. The minimum bid for Blatche would be $3.79 million, according to the Washington Post.

He has 3years left on his contact. If dats 3.79 million for 3 years he is worth a look. But if that means 3.79million a year, MOVING ON lol dats way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by saintshornets23 View Post
    NEWS: Andray Blatche is expected to clear waivers after being amnestied by the Wizards.

ANALYSIS: Blatche, just 25 years old, is the youngest player to be waived using the amnesty provision. If he goes unclaimed, Blatche will become an unrestricted free agent and will be eligible to sign with any team. The minimum bid for Blatche would be $3.79 million, according to the Washington Post.

He has 3years left on his contact. If dats 3.79 million for 3 years he is worth a look. But if that means 3.79million a year, MOVING ON lol dats way too much.
    Yeah, that would be too much. I would pay him something like 2 mil a year for 3... I just think he's too young to give up on. And he's shown signs of being a solid post guy before his injury and the whole meltdown in WSH.

Quote Originally Posted by saintshornets23 View Post

It's total, not per year. Experimenting with Blatche for cheap is fun and all, but that contract is way too long.

In Washington, he complained that enough plays weren't being run for him. Imagine how he'd feel on the Hornets. I would expect him to be nothing more than locker room cancer.

Thread Information