Pelicans Report

Thread: Gordon's Contract - Next 4 years

Gordon's Contract - Next 4 years

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_orleans.htm

2012/13 $13,668,750
    2013/14 $14,283,844
    2014/15 $14,898,938
    2015/16 $15,514,031 (Player option)

after seeing what Jeremy Lin & Kris Humphries got this offseason it makes this very easy to swallow

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    after seeing what Jeremy Lin & Kris Humphries got this offseason it makes this very easy to swallow
    I hear that man. I still can't get over the 12mil a year for hump.

Could've gotten that weeks ago, brah!

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Could've gotten that weeks ago, brah!
    I know, but it must be 'official' now that its on Hoopshype! LOL

I did see you post his salaries weeks ago BTW.

I've actually been trying to confirm that player option.

It makes me feel better seeing it there. I'll have to check other places, too, see if there is consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I hear that man. I still can't get over the 12mil a year for hump.
    Hump was a beast for the Nets the last 2 seasons. I dont know how much you've watched him but he is double double machine. You look at Tyson Chandler getting 17 million, the last 2 season he averaged 10.1 ppg, 9.4 rpg in Dallas and in NY 11.0 ppg and 9.9 rpg. Hump was 10.0 ppg, 10.4 rpg in 10-11 and in last season 13.8 ppg and 11.0 rpg. Chandler got defensive player of year cause he's playing in NY. I'd take Hump at 12 mil before I take Chandler at 17 mil.

Yeah. 12 M for hump is just O_O

so we have a 3 year timeline on Gordon. I think we can make it. We have the core pieces in place (Gordon/Rivers/Davis/Anderson). Demps has shown that he's adept at getting role players (plucked Vasquez, Smith and Ayon from nowhere). The onus is now on the coaching staff to develop Rivers/Davis to their fullest potential and to build team chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetFan1979 View Post
    Hump was a beast for the Nets the last 2 seasons. I dont know how much you've watched him but he is double double machine. You look at Tyson Chandler getting 17 million, the last 2 season he averaged 10.1 ppg, 9.4 rpg in Dallas and in NY 11.0 ppg and 9.9 rpg. Hump was 10.0 ppg, 10.4 rpg in 10-11 and in last season 13.8 ppg and 11.0 rpg. Chandler got defensive player of year cause he's playing in NY. I'd take Hump at 12 mil before I take Chandler at 17 mil.
    Sorry, but Humphries got empty stats on a bad team. He has a center who cannot rebound that he plays with, so that helps him some. He has never been a great defender, but has upgraded to decent. He is not as selfish anymore with his shot selection. However, $12 million is WAY too much for him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Sorry, but Humphries got empty stats on a bad team. He has a center who cannot rebound that he plays with, so that helps him some. He has never been a great defender, but has upgraded to decent. He is not as selfish anymore with his shot selection. However, $12 million is WAY too much for him IMO.
    Agreed. PPG and RPG don't tell me much.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetFan1979 View Post
    look at the team he played on. put him on any playoff team last year and he would not put up those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I've actually been trying to confirm that player option.

It makes me feel better seeing it there. I'll have to check other places, too, see if there is consensus.
    A yahoo reporter stated that as well last night in his tweet/link to the article on Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    look at the team he played on. put him on any playoff team last year and he would not put up those numbers.
    Hump is a good player. However, he is not worth the contract he got. He received it in part for willingly taking a single season contract the year before but mainly because the Nets can use it as a large expiring contract in a trade.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Hump is a good player. However, he is not worth the contract he got. He received it in part for willingly taking a single season contract the year before but mainly because the Nets can use it as a large expiring contract in a trade.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    not saying he isnt good, just not 12 million a year good.

Not that I agree with Humphries getting that kind of money, but it's not like Gordon lead any teams to the playoffs with his production. So far he's put up numbers on bad teams as well.

Not really sure how Hump getting a bad deal makes Gordon deal any better or worse. The Gordon deal should be judge based on his situation alone. Not other insanely overpaid players.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Not that I agree with Humphries getting that kind of money, but it's not like Gordon lead any teams to the playoffs with his production. So far he's put up numbers on bad teams as well.

Not really sure how Hump getting a bad deal makes Gordon deal any better or worse. The Gordon deal should be judge based on his situation alone. Not other insanely overpaid players.
    i would have thought twice about this post if every thing you said about gordon wasnt negative or trying to trade him

Eric Gordon contract has third year player opt-out

i don't like the sound of this...

http://www.atthehive.com/2012/7/18/3...opt-out-option

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    You're reading it wrong. He has the opportunity to opt out AFTER his 3rd year of the contract. That means the 4th year is the option year. It's no big deal in my opinion because it he opts out, that means he's balled his arse off and would more than likely be worth a max extension from us this time. Somewhere along the 5 year/98-100 million range.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    You're reading it wrong. He has the opportunity to opt out AFTER his 3rd year of the contract. That means the 4th year is the option year. It's no big deal in my opinion because it he opts out, that means he's balled his arse off and would more than likely be worth a max extension from us this time. Somewhere along the 5 year/98-100 million range.

i fail at reading.

I read on espn that the NJ gave Humphries 24 $ so that they could have a short but large contract to send back to Orlando in a Dwight trade.

if gordon opts out of $15MM that will mean one of two things:

1) he's played so well that he can command a superstar max contract ($20MM/year)

or

2) he's played so poorly that the fans have run him off

i call that a win/win scenario

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Gordon at 14.5 million a year is a steal ( if he stays healthy) compared to Kris Humphries at 12 million a year. Hump is decent, but at best the 4th or 5th option on a championship team. Gordon could be the 1st option on a championship team, IF HEALTHY.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    I read on espn that the NJ gave Humphries 24 $ so that they could have a short but large contract to send back to Orlando in a Dwight trade.
    Being Kris Humphries must be nice. First Kim Kardashian and now this... That *******!

Thread Information