Pelicans Report

Thread: Forbes estimates Saints are worth $965 million, 31st-most valuable franchise in world

Saints Forbes estimates Saints are worth $965 million, 31st-most valuable franchise in world

If you ever wondered just how popular and profitable and valuable NFL franchise are, chew on this for a second – all 32 NFL teams are ranked in the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world.

And while Tom Benson’s newest purchase – the Hornets – didn’t make that list, his other one did.

The Saints are worth an estimated $965 million, the 31st-most valuable franchise in the world, according to Forbes' most recent ranking of most valuable sports franchises.
    http://www.wwltv.com/sports/black-an...162615806.html

Very interesting.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

That's pretty crazy, kind of surprised by a few things. Panthers and Bucs worth more than Saints? I guess slightly bigger markets (although Atlanta with the biggest in the south is somehow worth the least) and owners with bigger pockets. Not that big of a deal I suppose when we're talking about tens of millions of dollars in the context of billions. Glad to see we beat teams like the Lakers and Cubs. And damn, Manchester U worth over two billion, Glazer is doing something right.

I think stadiums weigh heavily in this report.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1501 Girod St. View Post
    And damn, Manchester U worth over two billion, Glazer is doing something right.
    I was thinking the same thing. And the fact that every NFL made the list is a testament to how much money the league makes.

Thread Information