Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pacers

13 25.00%
  • Magic

39 75.00%

Thread: Which team would win?

Which team would win?

We've been running a fantasy draft tournament to see who could come up with the best team over in the Fantasy leagues/video games forum, this is the championship and we want as many voters as possible, and outside of the participants not many people go into the other forum. Hopefully it doesn't get moved since its only 1 thread..

Vote for who you think would win the matchup and feel free to argue/explain your vote

Indiana Pacers

PG: Kyle Lowry/Jordan Farmar/John Lucas
    SG: Ray Allen/Daniel Green
    SF: Shawn Marion/Corey Maggette
    PF: Carlos Boozer/Antawn Jamison/Drew Gooden
    C: Dwight Howard/Boris Diaw/Drew Gooden

VS

Orlando Magic

Pg: Steve Nash/Darren Collison/Jameer Nelson
    Sg: Manu Ginobili/Courtney Lee
    Sf: Nicolas Batum/Carlos Delfino
    Pf: Paul Millsap/Al Harrington
    C: Tim Duncan/Omer Asik/Mehmet Okur

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    This team has everything. I honestly can't think of a style of play that they wouldn't be successful at. Maybe isolation basketball, but that never really leads to winners anyway. Great 3 point shooters, defenders, passers, mix of youth and veterans, and role players. Really a team that meshes well together. Probably the most depth of any team not named the cavs. Doesn't need a guy to score 20 to win. Remove a player of your choice and I still think I could win a couple rounds. Only way I can see this team losing is if voters way overvalue ALL NBA star power.
    Last edited by speedyG; 07-16-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Frontcourts are a wash - and the Magic definitely have a much superior backcourt. Magic take this in my opinion .

I'm going with the Magic.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Magic, way more scoring options. They've been my favorites to win from the beginning, big props to BeeBall

Magic, no doubt bout it

I'm shocked the Pacers made it this far. No depth and a bunch of overrated players. Magic in a landslide.

im glad the team that knocked me out is gonna win

I feel Duncan's ability to take Dwight away from the basket with his shot will really limit the Pacers defensively, sure I'm giving up more points to Dwight by not having Asik start, but it's much better for my offense to have Millsap and Duncan than Duncan and Asik. My backcourt will just keep playmaking and doing it's thing as always.

I built my team with veteran stars that could make plays for others (pass) and a bunch of players who are star role players (contradiction but true) 2 of which are over payed. It's basically the spurs with youth and more talent. Looking back now there is not too much I would have done differently.

Congratulations to Mr.West and the Pacers, I knew they were going to meet me in the Finals, we're two best teams in my opinion.
    I'd like to thank rbow for running the league smoothly and all those who voted and participated.

Magic here
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Magic, going away

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Indiana Pacers

PG: Kyle Lowry/Jordan Farmar/John Lucas
    SG: Ray Allen/Daniel Green
    SF: Shawn Marion/Corey Maggette
    PF: Carlos Boozer/Antawn Jamison/Drew Gooden
    C: Dwight Howard/Boris Diaw/Drew Gooden

VS

Orlando Magic

Pg: Steve Nash/Darren Collison/Jameer Nelson
    Sg: Manu Ginobili/Courtney Lee
    Sf: Nicolas Batum/Carlos Delfino
    Pf: Paul Millsap/Al Harrington
    C: Tim Duncan/Omer Asik/Mehmet Okur
    Magic

They have way better players. Orlando has unquestionably 3 of the best 5 players on either team (Nash, Manu, Duncan,) and way better defenders. The Pacers PF position is pathetic. It's like you tried to compile the three worst defensive PFs in the game. Should have gone with Beasley at SF for more empty numbers. Was Blatche not available?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Dwight Howard turned the real Magic into one of the better defensive teams in the league. Now your adding a true defender in Lowry at the point of attack. You also have Shawn Marion who was the point man on LeBron in the 2011 finals. Gooden is no defensive presence but he rebounds extremely effectively and his height will no doubt bother Millsap. Magic win, but in real life this is much much closer.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Not to mention you can eliminate the Magics biggest strength by going small.

Lowry
    Allen
    Green
    Marion
    Howard

Marion can defend Harrington and Millsap. Ginobili and Batum aren't post up threats so speed is more valuable in defending them. Maybe move Ray to the three and bring in Farmar to chase. Ginobili around. Either way I'm still surrounding Dwight with 4 guys who are comfortable behind the arc.

And the 2012 HR Fantasy Draft Champions are the Orlando Magic!

Well its been real guys, congrats to BeeBall Reasons and thanks everyone for playing/voting

I may do this again next year with some changes:
    -Shorter time limit to pick from the beginning
    -More selective on who gets in and no vetoing trades
    -Maybe cut it down to 16 teams
    -Maybe Keepers and a rookie draft
    Last edited by speedyG; 07-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    And the 2012 HR Fantasy Draft Champions are the Orlando Magic!

Well its been real guys, congrats to BeeBall Reasons and thanks everyone for playing/voting

I may do this again next year with some changes:
    -Shorter time limit to pick from the beginning
    -More selective on who gets in and no vetoing trades
    -Maybe cut it down to 16 teams
    -Maybe Keepers and a rookie draft
    I assume I'm an automatic in?
    haha
    nice to know that I was the best out of a field of 24
    This was fun
    I hope this is continued and the competition is even better in the future.

Congrats BeeBall Reasons.

Another suggestion is instead of having a vote, why not sim the games on NBA2K13? Do like a best of 7 simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Another suggestion is instead of having a vote, why not sim the games on NBA2K13? Do like a best of 7 simulation.
    I completely support this.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Congrats Beeball Reasons. I was hoping it would be closer but either way it was fun. The most fun part of the whole ordeal was undoubtedly the draft itself and trying to find the players who fell through the cracks. Hope I get in the league next year, until then I'm content with the second best team. Congrats again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Yeah the other sim league I'm in does that, but it's a lot of work since you have to fantasy draft all the teams, and then if people wanna set their coaching profile, rotations and stuff. Plus some of the ratings in the games are way off and it wouldn't be as realistic, i.e. Iguodala is like a top 10 player who just dunks on everyone

I'd consider it but idk if I wanna do all that

Yeah BeeBall and Mr. West you guys are definitely welcome back if I run it again next year, everyone who was active this year will probably get 1st dibs
    Last edited by speedyG; 07-19-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Thread Information