.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56
Results 1,376 to 1,392 of 1392

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

  1. #1376
    And I disagree big time on the Love-is-overrated talk. He's a matchup nightmare ... not very good defensively, but that's mitigated somewhat by just how dominant he is on the boards (a big part of defense in itself). That the guy combines a post game with a strong 3-point shot makes him a guy not many can hope to really match up with.

  2. #1377
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    @InsideHoops: Anthony Davis, on Kobe: "I asked him if he was going to play with me in 2016 and he just started laughing." #TeamUSA

  3. #1378
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    And I disagree big time on the Love-is-overrated talk. He's a matchup nightmare ... not very good defensively, but that's mitigated somewhat by just how dominant he is on the boards (a big part of defense in itself). That the guy combines a post game with a strong 3-point shot makes him a guy not many can hope to really match up with.
    To me, to be in the best at a position and be "not very good defensively" means he's overrated; and overrated may be a general term we're not agreeing on here. He's got a decent amount of holes in his game and clearly cant carry a team yet. I still think Gasol is the best 4 in the league.

  4. #1379
    Hall of Famer IVAN_NOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain.
    Posts
    853
    congratz dudes, was a great game!

  5. #1380
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,725
    I don't think Gasol is the clear cut best PF anymore. The previous season Dirk had surpassed him leading his team to a championship while Pau disappeared in the playoffs. Pau disappeared in the playoffs this past season as well. He's still the best low post PF, even though at his height, he could start at center on most teams. But Bosh can make a strong case considering how well he has played in the playoffs the last two seasons. Miami doesn't win a championship or beat Boston without Bosh.

    Love obviously puts up great numbers and his defense isn't that bad. Not sure if he can be considered the best PF, but he played like it last season in the regular season. Ryan Anderson had a great season as well.

    I think Pau can be considered as a top PF, but he needs to do more in the playoffs instead of disappearing. Also, can't forget about Dirk.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  6. #1381
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,588
    I don't get the love overrated stuff, he played great the past week. Did the Gasols score on him? Yes, who didn't they score on? But he held his own in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Love got to the free throw line and made some nice off rebounds/tip-ins in times when the game was very close. Couldn't have asked for much more than that.

  7. #1382
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I don't get the love overrated stuff, he played great the past week. Did the Gasols score on him? Yes, who didn't they score on? But he held his own in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Love got to the free throw line and made some nice off rebounds/tip-ins in times when the game was very close. Couldn't have asked for much more than that.
    Love played probably the best defense in his career in that gold medal game. Too bad it is about equal to the worst defense in Chandler's career.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #1383
    If Anderson, who only averaged 12.4 shots last year, took as many shots as Love (averaged 19.3) did last year, Anderson would have averaged 25 points per game. Also, Love shot the 3 at 37% while averaging 5 per game. Anderson shot the 3 at 39% while averaging 7 per game. Anderson took more 3 point shots and had a higher percentage, so Anderson was the better shooter last year. Anderson is the better FT shooter (87.7%) compared to Love (82.4%), and if Anderson (32 minutes/game) had averaged Love's minutes/game (39/game), then Anderson would have averaged 9.3 rebounds - that isn't even counting the fact that Howard took away a lot of easy boards from Anderson because he is the best rebounder in the league (which deflates Anderson's numbers a bit).


    Stat lines averaging the same # of shots and minutes:

    Love - 26 points, 13.3 rebounds, and 2.3 TOs while shooting 37% from the arch and 82.4% from the FT line

    Anderson - 25 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 1.0 TOs while shooting 39% from the arch (at 2 more attempts/game) and 87.7% from the FT line


    Now, I'd say Love is a top 3-5 PF in this league, so by the numbers, Anderson is also in that category (or very close). That isn't even to mention that Love is going to make a whopping $14.7 million next year, yet Anderson will only make $8.3 million next year.

  9. #1384
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,725
    Ryan Anderson's game is very similar to Love and had an outstanding season. Dude was really performing for Orlando. Definitely All-Star caliber last season, especially with his advanced metrics. 9th in win shares, 10th in win shares per 48 minutes, 5th in offensive rating among guys who played over 1000 minutes. He was outstanding last season. Dude played like an All-Star last season.

  10. #1385
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    If Anderson, who only averaged 12.4 shots last year, took as many shots as Love (averaged 19.3) did last year, Anderson would have averaged 25 points per game. Also, Love shot the 3 at 37% while averaging 5 per game. Anderson shot the 3 at 39% while averaging 7 per game. Anderson took more 3 point shots and had a higher percentage, so Anderson was the better shooter last year. Anderson is the better FT shooter (87.7%) compared to Love (82.4%), and if Anderson (32 minutes/game) had averaged Love's minutes/game (39/game), then Anderson would have averaged 9.3 rebounds - that isn't even counting the fact that Howard took away a lot of easy boards from Anderson because he is the best rebounder in the league (which deflates Anderson's numbers a bit).


    Stat lines averaging the same # of shots and minutes:

    Love - 26 points, 13.3 rebounds, and 2.3 TOs while shooting 37% from the arch and 82.4% from the FT line

    Anderson - 25 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 1.0 TOs while shooting 39% from the arch (at 2 more attempts/game) and 87.7% from the FT line


    Now, I'd say Love is a top 3-5 PF in this league, so by the numbers, Anderson is also in that category (or very close). That isn't even to mention that Love is going to make a whopping $14.7 million next year, yet Anderson will only make $8.3 million next year.
    and anderson isn't being compared to by the Lakes of dirk and Gasol. I don't think that analysis you posted is flawless, but then again I don't think think that was your intent.

  11. #1386
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,588
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    actually, the photographer accomplished what his barber couldn't....
    the full picture wasnt posted


  12. #1387
    So much SWAG in that picture.

  13. #1388
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,896
    Why is that dude next to Davis pointing at himself like some confused anime character?
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  14. #1389
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    and anderson isn't being compared to by the Lakes of dirk and Gasol. I don't think that analysis you posted is flawless, but then again I don't think think that was your intent.
    Yeah, I just saw some talk about Kevin Love being elite, and I decided to chime in about Anderson being a very similar player to Love - and at a much cheaper cost. More of a nod to Demps than anything because Anderson is in the same ballpark as Love, IMO, and Demps got him for nothing.

  15. #1390
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah, I just saw some talk about Kevin Love being elite, and I decided to chime in about Anderson being a very similar player to Love - and at a much cheaper cost. More of a nod to Demps than anything because Anderson is in the same ballpark as Love, IMO, and Demps got him for nothing.
    Only thing we don't know about Anderson yet is his post skills, which Love just kinda developed. Even though we didn't see yet, I still think he has those skills because of how talented he is. Can wait to see how our team turns out.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

  16. #1391
    Anthony Davis ‏@AntDavis23

    Sitting here thinking and this is what I've came up with. Nat'l Champion....Gold Medalist....all I need is a NBA championship to be complete
    I like the way he thinks.

  17. #1392
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    I like the way he thinks.
    saw that this morning, got me excited.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •