Pelicans Report

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1392

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    yea let's just let them get injured in a world cup type of tournament. because that's the point of the u23
    Exactly. Money money money. People like Cuban just want to keep the money in house.

Do yall think Davis will play in the gold game?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    Do yall think Davis will play in the gold game?
    Doubt it. I'll find out after y'all, I'm afraid. Gonna have to miss this game.

Not sure if Davis is ready to defend on the Gasol brothers or Ibaka...
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I think he is better capable than lebron or melo.

I think Lebron is much more capable than Davis.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I think Lebron is much more capable than Davis.
    To guard the Gasol brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    At this point, LeBron is better able to keep the Gasols from getting to their spots.

Yes, he's 2 inches shorter 40 lbs heavier, stronger, and more experienced.

Melo and James have been in the game for years. No disrespect to Davis, but he is very young even though he has that incredible length, talent and athleticism, he needs to learn how to guard PF/C of that caliber IMO.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    The women played good tonight, is USA men game today?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    At this point, LeBron is better able to keep the Gasols from getting to their spots.
    Yes, he's 2 inches shorter 40 lbs heavier, stronger, and more experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russy View Post
    Melo and James have been in the game for years. No disrespect to Davis, but he is very young even though he has that incredible length, talent and athleticism, he needs to learn how to guard PF/C of that caliber IMO.
    Better able isn't the same as actually going to do it though. He'll give a show of it, but LeBron would get shots put over his head if he tries to man up to Marc Gasol. He'll have to use leverage, which means getting even lower just to keep them him getting position. It's a mismatch either way and will require people coming in on double teams.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    The women played good tonight, is USA men game today?
    tomorrow. early in the morning i think.

Better able isn't the same as actually going to do it though. He'll give a show of it, but LeBron would get shots put over his head if he tries to man up to Marc Gasol. He'll have to use leverage, which means getting even lower just to keep them him getting position. It's a mismatch either way and will require people coming in on double teams.
    Well, it is either shoot a jumper over someone or have them be able to get low post position and do whatever they want.

Well, it is either shoot a jumper over someone or have them be able to get low post position and do whatever they want.
    Tend to agree. Not to mention Lebron brings so much more on the offensive part of the game it's not even funny. To compare James and Davis at this point is laughable IMO. If you watch Davis, he loses position quickly on the block and he looks more eager to sprint out on the fast break and let the smaller guys rebound more than fight for the rebound and send an outlet.

Who said lebron and Davis couldn't play on the floor at the same time?

O and I've watched every USA game this year, and I have never seen davis run to the offensive side of the floor before a rebound is made. Especially if the ball is in his vicinity.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-11-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    tomorrow. early in the morning i think.
    9:00 a.m.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Who said lebron and Davis couldn't play on the floor at the same time?
    Coach K Said Davis can't play at all unless the game is out of hand if we want to be realistic here.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    9:00 a.m.
    Correct. And the bronze medal game is at 5AM. Feels like 2008 all over again.

Coach K Said Davis can't play at all unless the game is out of hand if we want to be realistic here.
    He has said that since we won yesterday and found out we are playing Spain?

guys, anthony davis is the 12th man on this team..he will only play garbage minutes

Those aren't necessarily mutual exclusive. Especially since there's two of them.

Also, I really don't think LeBron is guarding anyone ine the post. Not before Love or Melo. Not unless there's some kinda switch or zone.

Tend to agree. Not to mention Lebron brings so much more on the offensive part of the game it's not even funny. To compare James and Davis at this point is laughable IMO. If you watch Davis, he loses position quickly on the block and he looks more eager to sprint out on the fast break and let the smaller guys rebound more than fight for the rebound and send an outlet.
    I think that part has more to do with him playing in non-game critical situations. He only sees the court in blowouts. I see him doing a lot of letting smaller guys slip right by rather than go for a block. But not fighting for boards? That I haven't seen. He hasn't gone way out of his area much, no. But there's no need to. When the ball is near the basket and he's able to tap to keep the rock alive, he fights enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    guys, anthony davis is the 12th man on this team..he will only play garbage minutes
    Not telling us anything we don't already know.

Still though...

^ Yeah, LeBron is more useful defensively playing the perimeter. Use his athleticism there to jump passing routes and disrupt ball-handlers. I'd like to see someone penetrate the lane with Westbrook, Iggy, and LeBron on the floor.

e: He is just versatile enough to play anywhere but center, on offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    No one said that Davis is going to play against spain, all I have seen anyone say was Davis would be helpful in defending the gasol bros. especially since Tyson is likely to be in foul trouble after a few minutes of play, that damn guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    He has said that since we won yesterday and found out we are playing Spain?
    Do you need a public address ? He didn't play much when we played Spain and it didn't count until the game was out of hand; not against anyone else. He publicly said he doesn't want to have to depend on Davis and its no disrespect. The kid is 19. It's the most important game and there are far better players than Davis to put on the court. But said I meant that he has clearly shown that Davis isn't playing under circumstances other than a blow out.

Thread Information