Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I want my two hours back.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    Fans chanting for Davis to play lol
    They did that the last game in Vegas too. Apparently they won't get their wish tonite.

At least give the guy a single minute, It is embarassing
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    He means Carmelo not Davis
    You think I would disrespect the brow????? Blasphemy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    this

The crowd just chanted "We Want Davis"!!!!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

YEAH BRING THE BROW!!! I want to see Davis play at least one minute. Pretty please

The practice time with the team is just as important. Brazils got some beef down low so , I believe thats why he got no minutes even late.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    For me it's 3 bc I thought the game came on for 6 and didn't feel like changing the channel

I just hope AD gets the chance to earn some pt. As if the last game didnt help!

Coach K is just giving the guys he's going to use the most as much playing time together as possible before the games start counting. Remember they haven't had as much practice time together as other teams. I assume Davis will get most of his minutes at the end of blowouts or if Tyson Chandler gets into foul trouble.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Don't understand why they don't play Davis for a meaningless game. What's the point in even inviting him if he's not gonna even play a meaningless game?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Don't understand why they don't play Davis for a meaningless game. What's the point in even inviting him if he's not gonna even play a meaningless game?
    Bingo!

And Eric Gordon should of made the team over James Harden!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    Bingo!

And Eric Gordon should of made the team over James Harden!
    im glad gordon didnt make the team. he would have had a 3 month recovery time injury before the nba season even started.

Anthony could be getting work in with A.R right now

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    "Yeah, Anthony's a young guy. In a game like this, he's ten years younger than any of those big guys he's playing against. He's going to be a terrific player. I think the experience of being with this team as we move along as he gets accustomed, we have three more exhibition games, and five games of pool play. By medal round, I don't know what type of experience playing time-wise he'll get, but he'll get a lot of experience just being with this team. Remember, he's just been with us a couple of days. He doesn't even know all the sets and that. But our emphasis is not on him. It's on the guys who are going to play the majority of minutes."
    Coach K

Coach K
    so pretty much :
    dont expect davis to play unless its a blowout, lets just be happy he is on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    so pretty much :
    I really don't expect Davis to get too many minutes, to be honest. Garbage minutes, sure. There are going to be plenty, by the way. But legitimate time? He hasn't even stepped onto an NBA court. And he just joined the team. Who knows, maybe he's going to wow Coach K so much that he's deemed worthy of playing with the big boys, but like he said, him being on the team is more than enough.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Chris Paul still straight up ripping people. Not playing passing lanes, nah, straight ripping 'em.

And what do you mean "No Blake Griffin to catch that"? You bass ackwards buffoon. The reason Blake said Lob City was cuz of the lobs he threw to Tyson Chandler!
    ah... the return of the "Crescent City Connection"

Just saw Aminu highlights vs Greece. He's looking really good and more confident right now. He had 2 nasty dunks and blocked an important 3 pts attempt in this game.
    I don't have the recap but here's the full game : http://www.atthehive.com/2012/7/17/3...minu-vs-greece
    Boxscore : http://www.london2012.fiba.com/pages...6229/game.html
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Coach K isn't trusting the young guys in the paint. Love and Davis is going to be sitting on the bench pretty often for this reason. I expect them to roll with an Durant and James at the 5 before they put Love and Davis in for meaningful minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Coach K isn't trusting the young guys in the paint. Love and Davis is going to be sitting on the bench pretty often for this reason. I expect them to roll with an Durant and James at the 5 before they put Love and Davis in for meaningful minutes.
    kevin love has gotten 25 mins in the past 2 games, its not a lot but he is actually seeing meaningful minutes. every min in last night's game was meaningful and love saw PT then.

It's not the quantity of the minutes, it's the quality of the minutes. When TeamUSA plays a tough opponent, I expect those guys to sit often. I don't think Love was brought into the game until it was already a blowout against DR. His 5 minutes against Brazil was pretty much at the end of the game.

You guys are overestimating davis a bit eh..olympics may be boring and all or meaningless but i think coaches and players are serious about it, and the guys that are gonna play together NEED time playing together, even against scrubby opposition (usa won by some 11 points, not 60 btw). Davis has dominated on college level, which is NOT enough to grant him more playing time right now when it is capital for the guys to mesh and be able to play together..which is no small feat if you look at the starting line-up. I'll be happy myself if he just is along for the ride and gets some meaningless minutes. He was a damn college player for goodness sake, yes he's talented, but the learning curve is still quite high

Thread Information