Pelicans Report

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

I watched the whole game too. Was really impressed with Mozgov and Khrypa. Mozgov really gave the Russians an inside presence against the Gasols with his scoring and rebounding. Khrypa brought them back with the 3s. Pau choked in the end missing a key FT. Ibaka hardly played in the 2nd half due to his limitations. Other than blocking shots and running the floor, he's limited in a half court setting.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

All-Star
    While many of you are mostly interested in watching USA vs. Lithuania game which starts soon, I just want to say how proud I am of the Russian national team. Again huge win against Spain. Mozgov was beasting and Pau... well it was Pau we used to see))

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Balakhonov View Post
    While many of you are mostly interested in watching USA vs. Lithuania game which starts soon, I just want to say how proud I am of the Russian national team. Again huge win against Spain. Mozgov was beasting and Pau... well it was Pau we used to see))
    Mozgov was clearly the difference maker. Whenever he was off the floor, Spain would have huge runs like in the 1st and 4th quarters. His presence was huge. Big difference between he and Sasha Kaun. The Russian guards played well outside of Shved who didn't do much.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    The Russian guards played well outside of Shved who didn't do much.
    It's a big surprise that Ponkrashov was so good in this game. He has a lot of weaknesses, but today was his day. Even his screw ups in defense can't outshine the impact he made on the other end of the floor. At the same time it was also surprise that Shved was invisible. In games against Great Britain, China and Brazil he was the most creative and efficient guard.

It's a big surprise that Ponkrashov was so good in this game. He has a lot of weaknesses, but today was his day. Even his screw ups in defense can't outshine the impact he made on the other end of the floor. At the same time it was also surprise that Shved was invisible. In games against Great Britain, China and Brazil he was the most creative and efficient guard.
    They should start Mozgov from here on out. They're a totally different team with him on the floor. When he was out, they were settling for too many 3 pointers. Once he came in, they were more efficient on the floor.

I think Shved will do better the next game. The whole team was out of whack from the beginning and he never recovered. They have a great chance at the silver medal now.

All-Star
    Don't know if this topic was raised by someone here, but I tried to find out how many former Hornets are playing in this Olympic Games.
    Here's the list:

Marcos Vinicius & Alex Garcia (Brazil)
    Darius Songaila (Lithuania)
    Pops Mensah-Bonsu (Great Britain)
    David Andersen (Australia)
    and of course Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler

Don't know if this topic was raised by someone here, but I tried to find out how many former Hornets are playing in this Olympic Games.
    Here's the list:

Marcos Vinicius & Alex Garcia (Brazil)
    Darius Songaila (Lithuania)
    Pops Mensah-Bonsu (Great Britain)
    David Andersen (Australia)
    and of course Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler
    Ike Diogu and Aminu for Nigeria.

All-Star
    Oops, I forgot about Ike. As for Aminu, maybe I missed something but he is not a former Hornet.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Can't stop them from going inside. If only we had a 6'10", 6'11" player with a 7'5" wingspan that is known for blocking shots with regularity and intimidates people by his mere presence near the rim into throwing up difficult shots.

All-Star
    By the way, I like how Lithuania is trying to fight back now. Makes this game rather exciting. If the game keeps going like this I'm afraid we won't see Unibrow today

Lithuania always plays hard against the USA. They're never afraid despite the talent difference. They've been really competitive throughout the years against USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Can't stop them from going inside. If only we had a 6'10", 6'11" player with a 7'5" wingspan that is known for blocking shots with regularity and intimidates people by his mere presence near the rim into throwing up difficult shots.

I wonder still if he would be physical enough to keep them out of the paint. Those Lithuanian guys are really physical.

I wonder still if he would be physical enough to keep them out of the paint. Those Lithuanian guys are really physical.
    I'd love to see that for myself all the same. He's yet to be tested. At all.

I don't like their Small ball line up.

That's being real nice. This small ball lineup cannot stop them from going inside.

Had a feeling all those 3s would turn out to be poison. Hell, I just noticed that the only time we run pick and rolls is when Davis is in.

Our defense is not there. Our guards are not interested and our bigs... oh never mind.

Again like I said a week ago, not playing Davis will be the end of this team once we get to bigger talented teams.

Is it me or is D-Will completely overrated? Dude is a good player, but not anything special.

Serena Williams, anyone?

Is it me or is D-Will completely overrated? Dude is a good player, but not anything special.
    I mean he makes bad decisions all the time. Taking 3s when Durant is wide open. Passing to no one.

All this time he was taking it to Chris Paul as a PG, he was just bigger and a lil' stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I mean he makes bad decisions all the time. Taking 3s when Durant is wide open. Passing to no one.

All this time he was taking it to Chris Paul as a PG, he was just bigger and a lil' stronger.
    He looks to me to have lost a fair amount of his former explosiveness. Seems like he used to be able to really get up, and now he's looking a little.....weighty.

And yes to the chucking. I've been saying for a while that he's slowly morphing into Baron Davis.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Again, consider the abnormal competition. Nigeria didn't even play badly in that 49 point first. I'm really questioning people who think '92 would stomp a hole in '12. This team is stomping much better competition.

The one thing Nigeria had been doing well was defense. They just caught a god-like opponent yesterday. Fin.
    '92 would win 95 of 100 games against the '12 team. If they had Howard and Aldridge, they'd win about 80 out of 100. The difference between the '92 and '12 teams is defense, and the '92 team had players who actually could play without the ball in their hands.

Ha. "Doug, the assist totals from the 1st half JUMP off the page"

/shows stats graphic that doesn't include assists

Quote Originally Posted by -jlam- View Post
    Ha. "Doug, the assist totals from the 1st half JUMP off the page"

/shows stats graphic that doesn't include assists
    They jumped right off the page.

Thread Information