Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

Mod edit-Official links posted within the thread

http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/index.html

Hope the brow can get some heavy minutes this game...I hope he can crack the lineup in the late third rather than sometime in the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateHornet View Post
    Agreed. But are we essentially wanting the same thing from Miller? Is SF not going to be a big contributing position on offense in the long-term for us? Obviously things are always subject to change, but if either is a long-term solution (assuming either or both reach their potential), do we expect negligible offense from that spot?

Just curious. I couldn't care less as long as we get 'dem rangs.
    I think the answer has been said many times before on this board in many forms, but I think you build a team based on skillsets. Not everyone has to be "well rounded" nor do you need a specific production line out of the 3 spot. I think the main concepts of a team are having scorers,spot up shooters, distributers, rebounders, perimeter defenders, Weakside defenders and post defenders (this is in no way comprehensive). I think with a guy like Aminu he can fill the roll as an above average rebounder at his position, Perimeter defender, weak side defender, and possibly a spot up shooter. That to me would be living up to his potential. like 10 points 8 rebounds a steal a block and maybe 2 assist per game without turning it over. Miller is a second rounder, and while I respect his game, I don't expect much from him besides to not turnover the ball, play solid defense and hit an open jump shot every now and then.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

AD is really getting his high five technique down.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I like this Benromanhadhne guy. Not spelling that right, but whatever.

The key for Aminu is to figure out one or two things he can do offensively, don't do anything that he can't do, and be a beast on boards and on defense. If he can do that, he'll be a very valuable player. It's all about accentuating the positive and limiting the negative, and he's not a selfish player. His role of this team is beyond what he really should be doing offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I think the answer has been said many times before on this board in many forms, but I think you build a team based on skillsets. Not everyone has to be "well rounded" nor do you need a specific production line out of the 3 spot. I think the main concepts of a team are having scorers,spot up shooters, distributers, rebounders, perimeter defenders, Weakside defenders and post defenders (this is in no way comprehensive). I think with a guy like Aminu he can fill the roll as an above average rebounder at his position, Perimeter defender, weak side defender, and possibly a spot up shooter. That to me would be living up to his potential. like 10 points 8 rebounds a steal a block and maybe 2 assist per game without turning it over. Miller is a second rounder, and while I respect his game, I don't expect much from him besides to not turnover the ball, play solid defense and hit an open jump shot every now and then.
    I agree. I can't remember who posted the article about the NBA now having 12 (more or less) different positions based upon skill-sets. (The article dealt with the skill-sets of players on the Mavs from their championship season, I believe). I might have been indirect in how I phrased my comment, but I'm guessing either Aminu OR Miller will fill the role we need from them.

Or, in other words, as both players possibly reach their potential, only one of them may be in our long-term plans (the better of the two, clearly). It seems redundant to have two identical players on our team, unless you can get another AD would be my guess.

I didn't emphasize that point as well as I would have liked.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Aminu's skill set is valuable against teams with elite scoring SFs. But overall, he's better suited for a back up role until his offense improves.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

OH MY GAWD! DAVIS WITH THE GREATEST DUNK OF ALL TIME!

Not really. Seriously, Team USA playing, guys? Tunisia is raining 3s on us...anyone?

Tunisia's 3's are on today.

Man that Vince Carter dunk.....I've still never seen a better dunk than that one.

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateHornet View Post
    I agree. I can't remember who posted the article about the NBA now having 12 (more or less) different positions based upon skill-sets. (The article dealt with the skill-sets of players on the Mavs from their championship season, I believe). I might have been indirect in how I phrased my comment, but I'm guessing either Aminu OR Miller will fill the role we need from them.

Or, in other words, as both players possibly reach their potential, only one of them may be in our long-term plans (the better of the two, clearly). It seems redundant to have two identical players on our team, unless you can get another AD would be my guess.

I didn't emphasize that point as well as I would have liked.
    Yeahm we're on the same page. Who knows who stays, or if it has to be an 'OR' situation. I would think they could keep both of them on reasoable contracts. Who knows, Miller may be a better spot up shooter and Aminu more of a guy that gets to the rim. aminu hasn't shown me that he will ever be a great shooter from anywhere on the floor or even a Bruce Bowen Type of shooter. Honestly, I think his bread in butter will be as a finisher, defender, and a rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Man that Vince Carter dunk.....I've still never seen a better dunk than that one.
    Never can be better. You can talk about getting dunked on and be kinda telling the truth, but Vince Carter dunked OVER someone.

The call on Paul just then was absolutely absurd.

That guy didn't even try to contest Carter's dunk. I remember when Von Wafer got dunked over while trying to contest Kirk Snyder's dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    That guy didn't even try to contest Carter's dunk. I remember when Von Wafer got dunked over while trying to contest Kirk Snyder's dunk.
    One of the most underrated dunks in my opinion. Good times.

Bah! I've had enough of Love!

Oh. I didn't want him to get hurt. Just go to the bench so Davis can play.

Edit: Oh well. Davis is in.

Love out! Davis in!

Edit: Didn't realize he got injured. Boo to the injury but yay to Davis coming in as a result
    Last edited by PennStatePelican; 07-31-2012 at 05:27 PM.

THE BROW IS IN!
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

**** yeah bye bye love hello THE BROW
    Ballin

Hm. Experienced guys are going to go for the rim shielding up and unders when driving baseline. He'll need to start trying to cut them off from there and force them to go over him, and fail.

Iggy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Iggy!!!
    Dirt McGirt

Thread Information