Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

^ everyone is dumb and takes things to the extreme.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

china vs. russia on right now

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    china vs. russia on right now
    On NBC?

Does anyone know if the USA game will actually be on NBC this time? It's ridiculous that NBC will censor part of the opening ceremony because it didn't involve the USA, yet they won't even show the team that our media continues to shove down our throats. WTH!?!?

China is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    On NBC?

Does anyone know if the USA game will actually be on NBC this time? It's ridiculous that NBC will censor part of the opening ceremony because it didn't involve the USA, yet they won't even show the team that our media continues to shove down our throats. WTH!?!?
    It is broadcasting on the NBC channel that replaced Versus, IIRC. That channel is supposedly devoted to playing every basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    It is broadcasting on the NBC channel that replaced Versus, IIRC. That channel is supposedly devoted to playing every basketball game.
    You need digital cable or direct tv pretty much? I lucked out the first time because I was at a friends house and he had that NBC sports channel you're talking about. Looks like I have to watch the rest of the games on live streams, that blows!

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    You need digital cable or direct tv pretty much? I lucked out the first time because I was at a friends house and he had that NBC sports channel you're talking about. Looks like I have to watch the rest of the games on live streams, that blows!
    There is also an NBC hosted program that you can use, but it requires that you be a subscriber to certain cable and/or internet providers. Look at this link to see if you can use it: http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/

U can just put your email In and get a 4 hour pass without having to use a cable provider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All-Star
    So far Russia plays in a very exciting and creative basketball. I know, they played against Britain and China, and tougher opponents are ahead, but it would be nice if the trend continues and Shved and Kirilenko keep beasting. I wouldn't mind USA vs Russia finals ;-)

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Farouq had 12 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, and drew 8 fouls today.

Only shot 3/12 from the field and 6/9 from the line though.

I'm expecting plenty of PT today for Davis, since there will a lot of garbage time (blowout by half time).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Brazil is a nice team.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

NBC Sport Network channel or Nbcolympics.com and use the live stream of NBCSN.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Farouq had 12 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, and drew 8 fouls today.

Only shot 3/12 from the field and 6/9 from the line though.
    I think that's his brother. I think he had 10 pts of 4-8 fg and 2-3 ft, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    I think that's his brother. I think he had 10 pts of 4-8 fg and 2-3 ft, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers.
    Nah, it's the other way:

http://www.london2012.com/basketball...a04/index.html

From watching that game, it seemed like about half of those 11 rebounds came off his own misses. His offense just doesn't look to be progressing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by -jlam- View Post
    From watching that game, it seemed like about half of those 11 rebounds came off his own misses. His offense just doesn't look to be progressing at all.
    He's a below average offensive player at best. A guy who doesn't shoot or dribble will always struggle offensively. His best bet is to be an elite defender. Right now, he's not a starting caliber SF in the league because he's too bad of an offensive player. I like him, but his offense is pretty bad right now.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

What channel is it on if i have DTV?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He's a below average offensive player at best. A guy who doesn't shoot or dribble will always struggle offensively. His best bet is to be an elite defender. Right now, he's not a starting caliber SF in the league because he's too bad of an offensive player. I like him, but his offense is pretty bad right now.
    It's too bad he can't just learn to stand in the corner and shoot threes, dunk and play D. We don't need him to have an offensive arsenal.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    It's too bad he can't just learn to stand in the corner and shoot threes, dunk and play D. We don't need him to have an offensive arsenal.
    Agreed. But are we essentially wanting the same thing from Miller? Is SF not going to be a big contributing position on offense in the long-term for us? Obviously things are always subject to change, but if either is a long-term solution (assuming either or both reach their potential), do we expect negligible offense from that spot?

Just curious. I couldn't care less as long as we get 'dem rangs.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

I believe Demps will use next year's cap space to go after a legit starting SF. Every other position is set long-term. Davis and Anderson in the frontcourt. Gordon and Rivers in the backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateHornet View Post
    Agreed. But are we essentially wanting the same thing from Miller? Is SF not going to be a big contributing position on offense in the long-term for us? Obviously things are always subject to change, but if either is a long-term solution (assuming either or both reach their potential), do we expect negligible offense from that spot?

This is how I feel as well. Even if we aren't getting offensive contribution from Aminu, we will at least need a guy off the bench to give us what Aminu lacks. I'm really hoping Miller develops into that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    A guy who doesn't shoot or dribble will always struggle offensively.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateHornet View Post

I feel the same way man. Miller did all those things in college basketball. He shot the ball well from long-range, displayed an above average ability to finish at the rim, and was one of his team's better perimeter defenders. I think he has the potential to translate these skills to the next level. Only time will tell. Demps and Monty were excited to get him, going as far as calling him a first round talent. I hope he lives up to their expectations.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gasp! We're down!

3-2

Thread Information