Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Westbank23 View Post
    Maybe he's just not happy with the playtime he's been getting...I'm pretty sure he feels like he's better then tyson chandler
    you have got to be kidding me

Offensively he's better then tyson chandler..tyson is just stronger...I believe AD23 is a better rebounder too
    They're close to the same offensively now being that both their games are just alley oops. Chandler is on a different plane defensively and rebounding. Shot blocking doesn't = better defensively. You do realize chandler was DPOY right? I think it has more to do with him understanding the defense, and positioning. And rebounding? Have you even watched the games?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

What channel does the Olympic basketball will be On? Can someone please tell me!!!!!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    They're close to the same offensively now being that both their games are just alley oops. Chandler is on a different plane defensively and rebounding. Shot blocking doesn't = better defensively. You do realize chandler was DPOY right? I think it has more to do with him understanding the defense, and positioning. And rebounding? Have you even watched the games?
    exactly.....i understand people are really excited about AD...I am too but they gotta realize he is STILL A ROOKIE that needs to develop. Just cuz he has a high ceiling to be better than Tyson he's NOT better than him at this point & time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    What channel does the Olympic basketball will be On? Can someone please tell me!!!!!!!
    It was on NBC Sports channel....games over now. go to ESPN and look at the schedule.

Actually anthony davis has a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better mid-range jumper neither really has a post game and defense= not letting the opposing player score Blocking shots= not letting the opposing player score and yeah I know he was DPOY but I don't think he'll get it again

Is tyson chandler a better passer no a better shooter no more athletic stronger yeah more experience yeah better player we'll find out soon

Maybe he's just not happy with the playtime he's been getting...I'm pretty sure he feels like he's better then tyson chandler
    We have to be one of the most over reacting fan bases in the LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Is this on TV ? Can't find it.
    You can watch the streams on Nbcolympics.com

I don't think he'll just come in the league destroying people but I believe he will be very good is that too much to expect I mean their have been rookies to come in the league and be really good before right ?

Actually anthony davis has a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better mid-range jumper neither really has a post game and defense= not letting the opposing player score Blocking shots= not letting the opposing player score and yeah I know he was DPOY but I don't think he'll get it again
    Terrible arguments.
    Epic run-on sentence.

I don't think he'll just come in the league destroying people but I believe he will be very good is that too much to expect I mean their have been rookies to come in the league and be really good before right ?
    Not rookie big men. It doesn't mean too much, but look at the ROTY winners the past 20 years. Look how guard dominated it is.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Terrible arguments.
    Epic run-on sentence.
    Oh, I'm sorry I forgot we were in literature class. I hope you can accept my apology sir

That's because points win awards and guards score points. I don't think it's incredibly homerish to believe Davis can be very good as a rookie. He didn't play fantastic today, but I think he'll be a really good defensive player and a rich man's garbage man on offense immediately. This is not to say he'll be a perfect defensive player, but I son't think there will be many better shot-contesters in the eague and guys might be able to get position on him in the post, but his length will still bother shots. He might be better than that depending on his offensive skills, which he really hasn't reall gotten a chance to display on this star-laden team. Based on entire body of work, I expect him to be good as a rookie.

I think we can all agree Anthony Davis is AT LEAST on the level of Bill Russel by now. I mean approximately 30-40 minutes of international play, only 8 of which being played in a game of any significance, has given this meritorious young man every clear indication he is better than an established 'should-be' 2 time defensive player of the year... The supreme mettle of Anthony Davis has been SO awe-inspiring I am dumb-founded by the gall of coach K, the absolute ineptitude at the highest echelon of sporting is mind-boggling.

I mean, I know SOMEONE has to see what I see.. right guys? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I want to see Davis post up
    Been waiting and waiting. I dont think it will be seen until October.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Terrible arguments.
    Epic run-on sentence.
    Oh, I'm sorry I forgot we were in literature class. I hope you can accept my apology sir
    I think y'all should fight it out for the avatar.

DPOY aint everything Ben wallace won it a few times but im not taking him over Dirk....Award aint everthing Eli got two rings I aint takin him over drew.If anthony davis isn't better he's more talented

New Orleans Hornets' Anthony Davis, unlike Christian Laettner at 1992 Olympics, will get a chance to shine at the 2012 Games

For the first time in two decades, since the 1992 transformation of U.S. Olympic basketball by the collection of NBA superstars dubbed “The Dream Team,” there will be one player on the Team USA roster with no professional experience. For 19-year-old Hornets rookie Anthony Davis, his journey with the current group of men’s Olympians should be far different than the one experienced by the last collegian who was part of the ’92 gold-medal winning team in Barcelona, Christian Laettner.

Laettner, who had played for four years at Duke, was part of the 1992 USA roster that included Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson and other legends of the game.

Though Laettner played in each game — the Americans won every game it played by an average of more than 43 points at the Games — Laettner was more a practice-session whipping boy. Davis, 6 feet 10, 230 pounds, is expected to shoulder a bit more in-game responsibility.

Author and longtime Sports Illustrated writer Jack McCallum, whose book chronicling the original Dream Team was just published, believes Davis’ role on the current U.S. squad will be far greater and more competitive than Laettner.

“Without question,” said McCallum, who’s covering the London Games for NBC Sports’ Olympic website. “I think they really need Anthony Davis. From what I’ve seen (of Davis), unlike Laettner, I think they needed him. I actually thought he’d make the team without the injury to (Blake) Griffin. I thought he’d be one of the 12 because of his length and athleticism.

“I think more and more, they need those types of guys. Christian, through no fault of his own, he was scrimmage fodder. That’s what he was. Jordan made the comment, kind of cruelly in typical Jordan fashion: ‘Yeah, we went at Christian every time.’
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...hony_da_1.html

I think y'all should fight it out for the avatar.
    I'm thinking about starting a mix martial arts career do you want to be my promoter lol

Being around all of these stars in the nba is really going to excel Davis as a player. I think this aspect of this whole experience for AD isnt being talked about as much as it should be. I was iffy on if I wanted AD to make the team bc of the injury factor, but I am extremely happy he is there now. This whole experience is unparalleled.

I'm thinking about starting a mix martial arts career do you want to be my promoter lol
    It depends....
    I get 10%

It depends....
    I get 10%
    It depends on how good I am lol

Being around all of these stars in the nba is really going to excel Davis as a player. I think this aspect of this whole experience for AD isnt being talked about as much as it should be. I was iffy on if I wanted AD to make the team bc of the injury factor, but I am extremely happy he is there now. This whole experience is unparalleled.
    Right, I believe he will learn alot from those guys,I think him just seeing the way they practice will teach show him alot; he might even pick up a few pointers from kevin love the rebounding machine

didn't watch the game what was this for?
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Thread Information