.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 1392

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

  1. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    Hoping for a blowout I guess, even foul trouble for chandler and love won't get him in
    The closer the game is, the better it is for team USA. They won't see Spain until the Gold metal game if they play each other. This ensures none of these players take Spain lightly if they cruise through the pools.

  2. #377
    that was an awesome play by lebron to hit melo for the three....

  3. #378
    and god deron williams is huge

  4. #379
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Ibaka is good for at least 3 or 4 goaltends per game.

  5. #380
    The lack of size for the USA isn't going to matter because the guards for every other team just aren't quick enough or good enough to handle the pressure that the USA team provides. Speed and skill are better than size every time.

  6. #381
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Ibaka all over the back.

  7. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    The lack of size for the USA isn't going to matter because the guards for every other team just aren't quick enough or good enough to handle the pressure that the USA team provides. Speed and skill are better than size every time.
    Size does matter. Once Gasol left, Team USA went on their run. Keep in mind, Marc Gasol isn't playing in this game.

  8. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Size does matter. Once Gasol left, Team USA went on their run. Keep in mind, Marc Gasol isn't playing in this game.
    I'm telling you it won't matter, without Rubio Spain can't stay with them for the entire game, turnovers will kill teams playing against the USA.

  9. #384
    if the usa team gets in transaction its over...they force a ton of to's and that has been the difference. they have the ability to turn it on instantly. If you want to beat them you have to slow the game down.

  10. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I'm telling you it won't matter, without Rubio Spain can't stay with them for the entire game, turnovers will kill teams playing against the USA.
    You can't run if Spain plays slow and efficient through the post. These games will be a lot closer than they need to be due to the imbalance of Team USA.

  11. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    You can't run if Spain plays slow and efficient through the post. These games will be a lot closer than they need to be due to the imbalance of Team USA.
    What i'm saying is they won't be able to put the ball into the post, USA defense is too quick and tight, games may be close but the USA will pull away as the turnovers mount.

  12. #387
    Also if Team USA is unbalanced then doesn't it also stand to reason that Spain is unbalanced towards size?

  13. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    What i'm saying is they won't be able to put the ball into the post, USA defense is too quick and tight, games may be close but the USA will pull away as the turnovers mount.
    Ibaka has 16 points. Most of it came from the post. They're doing exactly what you sais they wouldn't do. This is all without Marc Gasol.

  14. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Ibaka has 16 points. Most of it came from the post. They're doing exactly what you sais they wouldn't do. This is all without Marc Gasol.
    16 points yet down 8, interesting.

  15. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Also if Team USA is unbalanced then doesn't it also stand to reason that Spain is unbalanced towards size?
    What are you talking about? Spain is very Balance. They have athleticism and speed with Ibaka and Size and Strength with the Gasol Brothers.

  16. #391
    I look at deficiencies and exploits, you're looking at the scoreboard. Good for you.

  17. #392
    has davis got in?

  18. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    What are you talking about? Spain is very Balance. They have athleticism and speed with Ibaka and Size and Strength with the Gasol Brothers.
    Yes but all that "balance" is in the front court, they have no one on the wing or at the guard positions that can compete with any of the Team USA guards, hence unbalanced.

    Also i'm looking at results, not what you determine to be deficiencies. Team USAs lack of size allows them to play multiple guys at multiple positions and use their athleticism to wear down the other teams. Doesn't seem like a deficiency, more like a strategy.

  19. #394
    Not rain on your argument but it literally the same thin that everyone has been talking about, Spain has better bigs but USA has a quicker and more athletic team, is the pressure from USA enough to stop the bigs from eatablishing themselves in the post or will usa's perimeter game come out on top, it's the typical argument that espn has been covering, the only answer will be in the olympics

  20. #395
    I kinda typed that put wrong but you get my point

  21. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    has davis got in?
    Nope

  22. #397
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    USA needs length to keep a hand in Gasol's face. He just faces up his defender, puts the ball up high and put it in.

  23. #398
    no tyson to start the half lebron at center

  24. #399
    bad call for lebrons third

  25. #400
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,697
    James with 3 fouls now.
    Wherehappens.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •