Quote Originally Posted by Russy View Post

Here's some AD highlights but in low definition
    Hoooooo Anthony Davis.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Wow he did good
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Wow he did good
    "well"

Quote Originally Posted by Russy View Post

Here's some AD highlights but in low definition
    Not working!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Removed by user
    Wherehappens.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

If you can tolerate a language I have no idea what it is...here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

If you can tolerate a language I have no idea what it is...here ya go.
    Thats saying it kindly. Goodness the talking made me want to punch a baby from their country.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

I have a man crush

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    This is awesome, first though a quote from Marc Stein:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Most significant development in rout of Team GB? Going zone, w/freedom to roam, might just have given a role on this team to Anthony Davis
    Now onto this article with quotes about AD:

Coach Mike Krzyzewski
    Your views on Anthony Davis’ play tonight?

Well he’s a developing pro. He’s the best college player in the country, I really thought by far. He wasn’t sure he was even going to be on the team. He joined us almost 10 days late, so he’s catching up, getting the knowledge of our system. Tonight, he played really well. When we went zone, the physicality of the game did not enter into his game. He was able to roam free and that may be a weapon for us – we go zone and have Anthony in the middle because he can certainly block some shots. He did a great job for us.

Tyson Chandler
    Is Anthony Davis a polished NBA player already?

No, no, he’s not polished yet. But he looks really good out there. It shows that he has a bright future ahead of him. I was really excited for him. Just getting thrown out there, I thought he did an excellent job

Do you think with Davis, he’s showing young kids that defense is as important as offense?
    Absolutely. He has great potential on both ends. He has a great opportunity to be a great defender, as well as on the offensive end.

Deron Williams

I just think like Coach said he’s a young player. He’s already a proven player at the college level, and he’s trying to prove his way on with us. His athleticism, his energy level – those things you can’t really teach. What he does with the amount of floor he covers on defense is amazing, and he doesn’t even really know how to play the game yet. Once he figures out that, he definitely can be a scary player, a franchise player. You can tell.

That makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    That makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
    Me too!

I'm so excited and optimistic about the future of this team. This time we're building around our franchise player the right way.

Deron Williams
    I just think like Coach said he’s a young player. He’s already a proven player at the college level, and he’s trying to prove his way on with us. His athleticism, his energy level – those things you can’t really teach. What he does with the amount of floor he covers on defense is amazing, and he doesn’t even really know how to play the game yet. Once he figures out that, he definitely can be a scary player, a franchise player. You can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    da Throne would say yet again that he already knows this is what Davis provides, but that he still has concerns about Davis he hasn't seen him prove.

I think he just has a late Al Davis type of mentality... too wrapped up in the combine/workout numbers. Drummond's measurements across the board are greater than Davis. Even a longer wingspan. And of course in the case of the NBA... measurements/potential is an even bigger deal when it comes to the draft than it is for the NFL.

It clearly doesn't make him a better basketball player though.
    I'm assuming this line is about me? If this was true than I would be much higher on Davis. The 3 big guys with the best measurables were Perry Jones, Andre Drummond, and Anthony Davis. You could throw Miles Plumlee in there also.

To your other comment about me knowing this about Davis is actually correct. I've never said Davis was going to be awful. I just really liked this draft class. I've said on multipule forums and multipule occassions that Davis has very special skills defensively, is a great athlete, and that he has a quality jumper. My questions has always been his post defense and his ability to create his own shot. Which will be key if he is ever going to be a franchise player. Which is why I see him as a Serge Ibaka type as opposed to Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan.

7th best player in the draft. No doubt.

I'm watching the game now, and have watched the previous 2 games. Honestly, Davis has looked a lot better than Kevin Love. He seems to have transitioned to the international game much better which is suprising. Now i'm not saying he's there (better than Love) yet, just an observation so far.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Is it on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Thats saying it kindly. Goodness the talking made me want to punch a baby from their country.
    Why?..too hard to understand? It is Chinese.

Phantom showing Davis' pass, one of his dunks, and the best block that led to a breakaway (billed as one of his biggest strengths and it's in full force).

I was at the game last night and it was good to see AD get some playing time. He made a lot of great plays on defense that turned into easy points on the other end. If anyone wants pictures from the game send me a message

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    Anthony Davis looks great. I am impressed after watching the game against Great Briton. He's going to be great.

Thread Information