Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't Gordon signed that Suns offer sheet yet?/UPDATE-Gordon signs Suns offer

Breaking News Why hasn't Gordon signed that Suns offer sheet yet?/UPDATE-Gordon signs Suns offer

Could it be that the Suns and Gordon realize that the Hornets will match? So it makes no sense for the Suns to make the offer, and Gordon might have decided that its better to go to the Hornets and either negotiate something even bigger (fat chance) or take the 1 year tender. Or maybe Suns and Hornets still negotiating on a sign and trade.

Didn' Portland decided to pull the offer sheet on Hibbert when they decided Indiana would match?

Maybe Gordon keeps shopping himself for a sign and trade to another team and keeps option of the one year tender open.

Unfortunately, I don't think the drama will ever end with this guy. He's certainly the best option out there as far as on the court production when happy and healthy, but ohh all the drama!! Somebody get this idiot a reality show!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    Could it be that the Suns and Gordon realize that the Hornets will match? So it makes no sense for the Suns to make the offer, and Gordon might have decided that its better to go to the Hornets and either negotiate something even bigger (fat chance) or take the 1 year tender. Or maybe Suns and Hornets still negotiating on a sign and trade.

Didn' Portland decided to pull the offer sheet on Hibbert when they decided Indiana would match?

Maybe Gordon keeps shopping himself for a sign and trade to another team and keeps option of the one year tender open.

Unfortunately, I don't think the drama will ever end with this guy. He's certainly the best option out there as far as on the court production when happy and healthy, but ohh all the drama!! Somebody get this idiot a reality show!
    Or it could be that its only the first day of free agency. He could still be sleeping in from last night, who knows, its going to get resolved soon thats all that matters

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    There's a ton of guys that have verbal agreements that haven't signed anything yet.

It seems pointless for the Suns to tie up their cap space if they KNOW we will match. I have to think the Suns are out and Gordon's heart is too broken to decide if he wants to sign with the Hornets or get traded to Houston/Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    There's a ton of guys that have verbal agreements that haven't signed anything yet.
    Yeah, but our situation is totally different! Don't you see!?!?!?!

In other news, the biggest deal of our offseason is now official. Welcome to BROWcity Mr. Anderson. You'll find a fan following real quick like w/ your style of play.

When teams report that they have verbally reached an agreement with someone to sign them they most likely have a contract about signing & offering that contract, so if it is reported that they are going to give him the offer sheet it's not just as simple as "sorry we don't feel like doing it"

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    It seems pointless for the Suns to tie up their cap space if they KNOW we will match. I have to think the Suns are out and Gordon's heart is too broken to decide if he wants to sign with the Hornets or get traded to Houston/Portland.
    gordon for LA and a pick or wesley matthews

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    gordon for LA and a pick or wesley matthews
    Does Gordon really "move the needle", to use Olshey-speak?

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    so... if phoenix offers nothing... 4 yrs/8 mil anyone?

If phx rescinded their offer, I would gladly pay to see Gordon tuck tail and walk back into Demps office. Demps,"so about that contract ehhhh 50 mil seems kinda high dont you think." Hahaha

Hornets' Demps yet to hear from NBA about Gordon, Phoenix contract

WESTWEGO, La. – The Eric Gordon saga continued on its path of confusion Wednesday with the Hornets general manager preferring not to comment and the head coach saying the truth will come out soon enough.

Gordon, a restricted free agent, has agreed to sign a contract with the Suns, saying his heart is in Phoenix.

However, as of 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, the first day free agents could sign, Hornets general manager Dell Demps said he had yet to receive an offer sheet notifying him that Gordon had indeed signed with the Suns.

Other than that, Demps remained quiet on a situation that quickly is becoming a mirror of the Chris Paul situation prior to this past season.

“I don’t want to comment on that right now,” Demps said. “When a time is appropriate, I’ll make remarks on it. But today is not that time.”

Monty Williams, however, doesn’t appear to have fully bought into Gordon’s statements that Phoenix is where he wants to be as opposed to New Orleans.
    http://www.wwltv.com/sports/basketba...162091325.html

Interesting Comment from Monty on Gordon

Monty Williams, however, doesn’t appear to have fully bought into Gordon’s statements that Phoenix is where he wants to be as opposed to New Orleans.

“I just think when you’re going through free agency and you’re talking about that kind of money, certain things are said and felt,” Williams said. “But I think when the dust settles, you’ll hear more of the truth about where he wants to be.”

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/basketba...162091325.html

John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620
    Suns will sign Eric Gordon to the offer sheet today for 4 years and 58 million

John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620
    There was never any discussions on a sign and trade between Suns and New Orleans for Gordon.

remember this guy first leaked out the nash to lakers trade

“I think Eric is just in a weird situation right now,” Williams said. “I’ve told you guys from Day 1 with him, he has always talked about being here. And then all of this stuff has come out of the blue. It’s not a contradiction.”

i still think he wanted to be in new orleans since he was at all the saints camp and our rookie camps, his feelings did in fact get hurt cuz he wanted us to value him more and offer him a max but monty has discussed this with him that its a business and if we didnt think he was worth it we wouldnt match like we are, gordon just took a while to understand this, u can obviously see he was hurt and mad at us

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    If phx rescinded their offer, I would gladly pay to see Gordon tuck tail and walk back into Demps office. Demps,"so about that contract ehhhh 50 mil seems kinda high dont you think." Hahaha
    Thats not good business they will pay him the max. You cant disrespect players like that unless you want to drive other FA away. Not advocating gordons actions, but i would be very disapointed if dell did that. Then again you are probably joking and if so sorry i am such a spoilsport.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    “I think Eric is just in a weird situation right now,” Williams said. “I’ve told you guys from Day 1 with him, he has always talked about being here. And then all of this stuff has come out of the blue. It’s not a contradiction.”
    In 1 word > ODD !!!!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Gordon will probably sign the offer sheet over dinner with the Phoenix people.

This is also where they will say their fair wells.

Think its similar to the Portland deal with Indy.... Heard phenoix is looking at Mayo now..

The New Orleans Hornets have maintained they will match the max four-year, $58 million offer sheet Eric Gordon plans to sign with the Phoenix Suns and that was confirmed again on Tuesday to The Times-Picayune.

Once the Hornets match the offer sheet, the Suns will go back to the free agent market for a guard and ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports their target is O.J. Mayo. From Stein: "... desert sources say this is definite: O.J. Mayo will be courted hard by Suns."

The other team that has a lot of interest in Mayo is the Indiana Pacers. The team thought they had him in 2011, but the trade came past the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620
    There was never any discussions on a sign and trade between Suns and New Orleans for Gordon.

Yup, Gambo is legit

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

John Gambadoro‏@Gambo620

Very interesting. You'd think they would have at least discussed it. I guess N.O. doesn't want anything we have.
    @Gambo620: Suns don't have anything NO wants

I hope this is taking a while because gordon is reconsidering signing with Phoenix. Hopefully he just straight up signs with us; i think that would show fans alot and ppl would forgive him. Sadly, i dont think that will happen

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Thats not good business they will pay him the max. You cant disrespect players like that unless you want to drive other FA away. Not advocating gordons actions, but i would be very disapointed if dell did that. Then again you are probably joking and if so sorry i am such a spoilsport.
    Was just joking. But it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I hope this is taking a while because gordon is reconsidering signing with Phoenix. Hopefully he just straight up signs with us; i think that would show fans alot and ppl would forgive him. Sadly, i dont think that will happen
    It'd be a nice little PR move after his comments for sure, but like you said I doubt it happens.
    @DanielVeuleman

Thread Information