Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Davis is on the active roster for tonight's Team USA game

Not to kill the mood or anything, but the guy hit one three from international range in a game that didn't count. Can we temper expectations a little please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Not to kill the mood or anything, but the guy hit one three from international range in a game that didn't count. Can we temper expectations a little please?
    For heaven's sakes. Nobody is saying he's going to be the next best 3 point shooter in the league or anything. It certainly looks better though that he took it and made it rather than took it and bricked it having everyone watching ESPN saying "wth does Anthony Davis think he's doing??!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Ric Bucher should never be allowed to say swag again for the rest of his life.
    This.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    For heaven's sakes. Nobody is saying he's going to be the next best 3 point shooter in the league or anything. It certainly looks better though that he took it and made it rather than took it and bricked it having everyone watching ESPN saying "wth does Anthony Davis think he's doing??!!"
    Haha nah, but people are saying:

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Honestly, Davis sort of looks like he could get some minutes at the three. I could easily see him being "that guy" like Kobe or Lebron who guards the other team's best player. He looks like he would do a great job out on the perimeter guarding someone like Durant.

Also, with him and Ryan Anderson, we might seriously have the best shooting front court bigs in the league.
    I'm just saying that it's very unlikely that his NBA game will include the 3

Haha nah, but people are saying:

I'm just saying that it's very unlikely that his NBA game will include the 3
    Oh ok. I thought you thought we were crowning him as the next player to challenge Ray Allen's 3 pt record or something since it was the 3 pointer that you commented on. You hadn't said anything in that comment about the post on him possibly getting minutes at the 3 spot.

Is there anywhere to see his highlights other than the four point play? I watched the first half and missed the whole second half.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Oh ok. I thought you thought we were crowning him as the next player to challenge Ray Allen's 3 pt record or something since it was the 3 pointer that you commented on. You hadn't said anything in that comment about the post on him possibly getting minutes at the 3 spot.
    Well for the record I think for the Olympics he can play anywhere just because his length and athleticism will cover for any of his defensive shortcomings, but once he gets to the League he will play exclusively in the post. His best skills do not line up well at all in the backcourt.

I can't find any highlights, guess they aren't up yet although I thought some would be by now, someone post some good ones if you see them? thanks

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    What's with the additude towards the opposition bench?
    I don't like that from Davis....they were up by 150 points.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    His college coach, Callipari, is the DR coach. I think Davis was just messing with him, not trying to start an international incident

His college coach, Callipari, is the DR coach. I think Davis was just messing with him, not trying to start an international incident
    Did he hit the free throw?

Did he hit the free throw?
    Yup

Yup

I mean calipari was laughing the whole time and Davis has a ton of respect for the guy. Of course it was just in fun.

The post game interview with Davis even confirmed he was just giving his old coach a hard time.

looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Along with Kevin Durant who hit virtually every 3 he took from international range. Does that mean anything less of his NBA skills?

You and anyone can make the leap of logic if you want, not my concern (also not indicting you just saying), but that game was garbage time from the tipoff. I saw Anthony Davis look like he belonged in that limited time, when, mind you, no one on our team was really taking it easy. We could've coasted. We didn't. Coach K specifically told the team not to worry about the score and to keep playing hard all throughout.

Can't wait to see what else he does with more time.

Davis' shooting form is amazing for a big man. He has the stroke of a shooting guard. I'm kind of excited off of that 3 pointer alone.
    SIGN A SF

He taking and making that three, shows he has confidence in himself .. i can tell you now there would of been a lot of pressure on him tonight!
    I was so stoked seeing him make that three!

Wasn't at all impressed with his first little spell. I went to bed after his first 5 or so minutes because I thought he was done and it was getting late here in the East. Anyway, I do like seeing video of the 4 point play, but a 16 year was almost--if not totally--going move for move with AD. Was I the only one who thought that? Still needs loads of strength to be anything huge in NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_Hornet View Post
    Wasn't at all impressed with his first little spell. I went to bed after his first 5 or so minutes because I thought he was done and it was getting late here in the East. Anyway, I do like seeing video of the 4 point play, but a 16 year was almost--if not totally--going move for move with AD. Was I the only one who thought that? Still needs loads of strength to be anything huge in NBA.
    He was obviously uncomfortable for the first few minutes on the floor and didn't seem to have any idea of what kind of sets they were running on offense. He got more comfortable and played better the longer he was on the court, and was a pain and contested multiple shots defensively. If you came away discouraged, you should have watched longer.

9 points in 10 minutes...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    major fails.

He was definitely nervous at first, but he took over the game in the last 5 minutes. I guess you also missed the steal that he made with go-go gadget arms and ran the floor all the way only to draw the foul at the other end.

At least the guy is ours...what are they saying about their Olympic player on the Kansas City Message Board?

Thread Information