Pelicans Report

Thread: Big Concern.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Big Concern.

My big concern is the lack off "attack off the dribble" talent if the Gordon episode takes a horrible turn.He is the only true " get your own shot" player on the team.Rivers will evolve into that no doubt, but teams need this skill from more than 2 guys.

If it comes down to having to replace Gordon, it's the requirement of certain skills that must also be filled.It is an absolute need, major need,survival need.

That's why his comment concerns me, as anybody who knows the game should understand the required weapons needed to compete.How can one believe you can win in the NBA with only one talented combo guard?
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

He is posturing. I don't put any stock into his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    My big concern is the lack off "attack off the dribble" talent if the Gordon episode takes a horrible turn.He is the only true " get your own shot" player on the team.Rivers will evolve into that no doubt, but teams need this skill from more than 2 guys.

If it comes down to having to replace Gordon, it's the requirement of certain skills that must also be filled.It is an absolute need, major need,survival need.

That's why his comment concerns me, as anybody who knows the game should understand the required weapons needed to compete.How can one believe you can win in the NBA with only one talented combo guard?
    If this takes a bad turn, I have a bad feeling about Rivers and having his old Duke mentality instead of playing within the confines of the game. I was a proponet of drafting Rivers and trying to move him to PG, but with the team void of willing scorers his Alpha personality will take over and he will chuck.

Thread Information