Pelicans Report

Thread: What?

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

What?

Eric Gordon didn't like the fact that the Hornets drafted Austin Rivers? ( see post in Hornets nest) A lil competition never hurts right? What about the idea of playing together? Rives at one wing and Gordon at the other when you wanna go 'small ball" ( notice the playoffs?) What about when Rivers can play a lil point? What about when Gordan plays a lil point?"

What about injuries? what about building a team? What about needing more than ONE " attack off the dribble" guy? What am i missing?

"Competiion is the dance of excellence!" I love comp!
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

What player doesn't feel threatened when their team drafts a player.who plays the same position as they do in the top 10. Maybe he feels the "PG" talk from the Hornets camp wasn't genuine? Whatever it is, I have no doubt in my mind Demps and Williams will be same page with Gordon when they meet.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Not even "small ball." If that quote is straight from Gordon, he straight up says "another combo guard."

Does he know what a combo guard is?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    He lacks the basic understanding of how be part of winner. I'm of the opinion we shouldn't be paying 58 million for someone to learn. Ya either got it, or ya don't! We were fortunate that we got the #1 pick, we don't have to rush into a deal with Eric Gordon because we lost Chris Paul. We have the chance to choose who will lead us and the truth is, he is probably that long lanky kid from the Southside of Chicago. Lets do him a favor and give him the keys from day 1. We will have opportunities in the future to find people to surround him who "gets it."

This guy and Lillard both shy away from the light while claiming they want to bask in it.

Seen that before.

No thanks.

Move along.

Wasn't Eric Gordon involved in the workouts, ie watching discussing with Dell? We let him be a part of that, have repeatedly told him he's the best player on the team and we're building around him, and we want him. We were smart not to "Rudy Gay" him and give him the max contract before seeing his value. We offered him a legit deal he didn't like it and got a better offer. We're willing to match it. What else does this guy want? Red Carpet from us , don't recall Durant needing that and he's on a whole nother level.

This reminds a situation of trying to break up with a girlfriend who didnt do anything wrong because you want to be single and you start making up excuses in your head to justify what you're doing. You leave and she still wants you, you sleep at alone a couple of nights and realize you made a horrible mistake; you come back and life goes on.

Blog Entries
    V, I'll be talking to Gordon today at Team USA. Anything you care to know?
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    *Creole blue carpet

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Believe me, I know all I need to know

Its a rather simple formula that's played out, a player gets blown away by a display of recruiting tactics(some players need and love the emotional display) sorry to say it's obvious that Gordon is not properly expressing himself, comments are a touch on the immature side.

A- the Hornets have always spoke of him in glowing terms
    B- RFA allowed the player to visit with teams, and it was by these actions that the market value was set.
    Hornets followed the proper business path.
    C-Drafting Rivers was a move to enhance a needed set of skills form the team(Gordon was the only true "off the dribble guy" whom get get his shot.I stated many times on the show, addressing those needs were more important VS another big ( address the BIG in FA) Need ball handlers and added speed!

CBA wins round 1...... rules are rules.

Blog Entries
    I asked Gordon if he thought he could play in the backcourt with a clone of himself. He wasn't sure how to answer so he ducked the question.

I don'twant think Gordon understands these negotiations, restricted free agency, playing with equally-or-more talented players, or negotiating with an agent with his heart... just his head.

Thread Information