Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    You're really making this more complicated than it is. A "sign and trade" is an actual contractual transaction. Gordon is a RFA. And he would sign a "sign and trade" contract with us. The contract would dictate the terms of the trade. No certain rules per se, and he does not have to be under contract per se.
    you are a great poster, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "per se".....there aren't many dealings in life that don't have rules and stipulations attached and an NBA sign and trade agreement involving a RFA is not excluded...I was being a bit facetious when I questioned whether a player would still be classified as an RFA or not, but I do maintain he would technically have to be re-signed by his former team before the agreement could take place...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    you are a great poster, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "per se".....there aren't many dealings in life that don't have rules and stipulations attached and an NBA sign and trade agreement involving a RFA is not excluded...I was being a bit facetious when I questioned whether a player would still be classified as an RFA or not, but I do maintain he would technically have to be re-signed by his former team before the agreement could take place...
    And that's basically my point and why I say "per se". I don't want to say there aren't certain rules. That's too wide of a net. But in this case, it's not how I believe you have it in your head.

For instance, no, he would not have to be resigned before a deal is in place. Exact opposite actually. They would come to an agreement first, put it all down on paper, and then everyone would sign. The contract will actually stipulate the terms of the trade. It is an actual "sign and trade" transaction.

Which is also why I say this isn't going around the rules or anything of the such. It's an actual transaction that is purposely allowed.

In short, he will be a restricted free agent that will sign an already agreed upon contract to trade him.

Humor is reason gone mad Savagetaint's Avatar
    Since Gordon's heart is in Phoenix, I like the following package for him:

We get Lopez, Marshall, Dudley, the Suns 2013 1st round pick (unprotected), & the ability to swap picks in 2014 (we get the higher pick between the teams)

-Dudley is a long term contract, but he can shoot and would fit in perfect with the type of culture Monty/Dell are trying to create.
    -Marshall is the pass first PG prospect that you could pair with any of our current guards (Jack/Vasquez/Rivers could play the 2).
    -Lopez would be the young back-up big that can split time with J.Smitty at Center, though I am sure Dell will sign another big as well.
    -The first round picks would be assets to use for the draft or to trade
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagetaint View Post
    Since Gordon's heart is in Phoenix, I like the following package for him:

We get Lopez, Marshall, Dudley, the Suns 2013 1st round pick (unprotected), & the ability to swap picks in 2014 (we get the higher pick between the teams)

-Dudley is a long term contract, but he can shoot and would fit in perfect with the type of culture Monty/Dell are trying to create.
    -Marshall is the pass first PG prospect that you could pair with any of our current guards (Jack/Vasquez/Rivers could play the 2).
    -Lopez would be the young back-up big that can split time with J.Smitty at Center, though I am sure Dell will sign another big as well.
    -The first round picks would be assets to use for the draft or to trade
    Would have to replace Lopez with Gortat for me. To get something of value, they have to give something of value.

I am sure that Phx would do a trade with us, but what some people are thinking up would completely wipe them out. They get Gordon and lose every player of worth outside of Gortat and the 2 guys they signed.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am sure that Phx would do a trade with us, but what some people are thinking up would completely wipe them out. They get Gordon and lose every player of worth outside of Gortat and the 2 guys they signed.
    what can they honestly expect to give us for gordon then? i dont think we should settle for scraps just because he may not want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    what can they honestly expect to give us for gordon then? i dont think we should settle for scraps just because he may not want to be here.
    there you go...
    the only swap that makes sense for the hornets includes gortat, which is the only swap for the suns that makes no sense at all
    aint gonna happen

I am not saying get scraps, but they would only be getting better marginably by bringing Gordon in if we made that trade, and we wouldn't gain much either, as we have tons of bench players already.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    i mean i get what you are saying, but gortat would start

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    I have not seen montiejunas play so cant comment on him. Is he that good? I mean, he was drafted 20th in the 2010 draft so he cant be that great of a player. Kmart on the other hand is an excellent third option in a champioship team and that is why I picked him over montiejunas.
    We don't need a third option on a championship team, that's not who we are. His time has passed and all he would do is command minutes that he shouldn't be getting on this team.

If you do deal with Houston... Lamb, Montiejunas, Toronto's 1st, and another 1 and 2 from Houston. Call it a day, we get younger with actually more talent to mold, we acquire future assets to select, trade or stash and More cap space, to use in any future signings or trades.

And that's only if there isn't a better deal, but doing any kind of deal with the Suns is out of the question in my opinion, this clown is now trying to hold us hostage, you do not give him what he wants, when he wants. You hold HIS @$$ hostage till you feel like releasing him under his new contract to where you want to send him among the teams offering the best return.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    We don't need a third option on a championship team, that's not who we are. His time has passed and all he would do is command minutes that he shouldn't be getting on this team.
    True but at this moment he has more value than monteijuas because can be traded to a contender.

If you do deal with Houston... Lamb, Montiejunas, Toronto's 1st, and another 1 and 2 from Houston. Call it a day, we get younger with actually more talent to mold, we acquire future assets to select, trade or stash and More cap space, to use in any future signings or trades..
    I dont mind that trade at all.

And that's only if there isn't a better deal, but doing any kind of deal with the Suns is out of the question in my opinion, this clown is now trying to hold us hostage, you do not give him what he wants, when he wants. You hold HIS @$$ hostage till you feel like releasing him under his new contract to where you want to send him among the teams offering the best return.
    agreed.

The Reid article in NOLA regarding not being able to trade Gordon has become of the most contested articles by fans I can remember in recent years. My question remains. It this true or not? And I continue to read confusion. Reid certainingly isn't backing off his story. And this board continues to address sign and trade as if it is a possibility. Can anyone cite other NBA sources that would refute Reid's article. Please don't ask me to provide link. I think by now most on this board have read this story.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    The Reid article in NOLA regarding not being able to trade Gordon has become of the most contested articles by fans I can remember in recent years. My question remains. It this true or not? And I continue to read confusion. Reid certainingly isn't backing off his story. And this board continues to address sign and trade as if it is a possibility. Can anyone cite other NBA sources that would refute Reid's article. Please don't ask me to provide link. I think by now most on this board have read this story.
    We've already sited numerous articles and different people who are very up to date on the new CBA. Reid is an idiot. Trust me. We can trade Eric Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    I have not seen montiejunas play so cant comment on him. Is he that good? I mean, he was drafted 20th in the 2010 draft so he cant be that great of a player. Kmart on the other hand is an excellent third option in a champioship team and that is why I picked him over montiejunas.
    Just read a comment on ESPN that said two NBA execs interviewed said that if Montiejunas was in the draft this year, after the year he put in overseas, he would have been the #2 pick. I would do Gordon to Houston for Montiejunas (he's a center also), Lamb, Martin and a pick.

I'd probably ask for Royce White/Terrance Jones/Patterson as well. I'm greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    Just read a comment on ESPN that said two NBA execs interviewed said that if Montiejunas was in the draft this year, after the year he put in overseas, he would have been the #2 pick. I would do Gordon to Houston for Montiejunas (he's a center also), Lamb, Martin and a pick.
    I think they were talking about Jonas V. He actually plays for Toronto.

I would add TJones as well to Lamb, Montajunas, Martin, and a 1st round pick.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Phoenix doesn't have much that interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    I think they were talking about Jonas V. He actually plays for Toronto.
    I think you are right. I think I read where Montiejunas would have been around 8-10 in this draft. If I recall, Montiejunas is lighter than Davis (around 215), so not sure he would be playing the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Phoenix doesn't have much that interests me.
    They have very little. Outside of Gortat and a 1st round pick. Marshall is ok, but not a great talent.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    They have very little. Outside of Gortat and a 1st round pick. Marshall is ok, but not a great talent.
    I'm in the minority in the belief that they wouldn't move Gortat either.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I'm in the minority in the belief that they wouldn't move Gortat either.
    I think you're right. I don't think they will either.

You aren't in the minority. They wouldn't move Gortat.

However, that would be a prerequisite for us, + Marshall and picks. Hence, no deal.

Phoenix gets: Eric Gordon
    NO gets: Kendall Marshall, Robin Lopez, Suns & Lakers 1st round picks in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    Phoenix gets: Eric Gordon
    NO gets: Kendall Marshall, Robin Lopez, Suns & Lakers 1st round picks in 2013
    Not good enough. 2 marginal players and marginal picks.

Thread Information