Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.
    i agree

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I like the idea of bringing in Brooklyn, but I would rather something like this:

We get: Kendall Marshall, Brook Lopez (S&T), Phoenix's 2013 1st round pick (Top-3 protected)

PHX gets: Eric Gordon

Brooklyn gets: Marcin Gortat

Brooklyn gets some cap space + Gortat is a better Center than Lopez is at this time, which helps them to "win now." Lopez is better for us because he is younger and offensive minded - great pair with Davis. Phoenix is going to have to give up some talent to get Gordon. Demps won't let him go for anything less than top dollar, and Gortat, Marshall, and their 1st round pick sounds about right.
    Throw the other Lopez in instead of Gortat!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    This would be the best option in my opinion..
    Gordon for
    Lamb
    Motiejunas
    1st round unprotected??

Although we would have the most rookie based starting lineup in history LOL

Yeah, very few are on this train. Dont even know if if it's possible/plausible. But I'm down with it. I know they're all unproven, but Montiejunas is playing ball and developing IMO Contrary to logic and most knowledgeable people, I think Lamb is a baller!!
    And hell, T. Jones (could be great w/ a lobotamy) could at least be a goon you can send in to rough somebody up.

I'd be happy with simply K. Marshall and Gortat. Heck, I think it's almost fair. They consider them two starters, and I agree.

Nothing less though

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I'd be happy with simply K. Marshall and Gortat. Heck, I think it's almost fair. They consider them two starters, and I agree.

Nothing less though
    This and Dudley I would do. Man can shoot!

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I'm officially on the Kendall Marshall train.. drafting him at 10 made no sense to me, but with Davis, Rivers, Aminu, Henry and Miller needing help getting good looks he'd be a big boon. I'd also take Dudley off their hands for my troubles and either Gortat or a unprotected pick.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    What about Gordon for Rudy gay if Gordon approves after we match?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    What about Gordon for Rudy gay if Gordon approves after we match?
    Naw...I'm off the opinion that Eric Gordon acting this way is sign we should stay away from the big money deals until we have a better understanding of our direction.

We should let the youngin's learn their craft their own way (under Monty and Dell's vision) and find the pieces to complement as we go.

Ok so I've been told that a s/t isn't possible for unrestricted free agents under the new CBA... Any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by LAedwardo87 View Post
    Ok so I've been told that a s/t isn't possible for unrestricted free agents under the new CBA... Any truth to this?
    If you're talking about your own free agent, then it's possible. If you're talking about signing someone else's free agent to trade him. I don't believe you can.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That Reid article did nothing but confuse me.

Can we or can't we trade Gordon as a RFA?

if any trade goes down I would be demanding atleast a pick (Hou/Tor or Phx/LAL) along with Gortat or Montiejunas depending on who we trade with!!!

Why Phoenix? I'd see if Boston where interested, and see if I could get Rondo & and Sullinger, or Green, or maybe a draft pick... I'd throw in Jack if I have too. Then Boston get's a shooting guard to replace Allen, and a future star for when Pierce retires they could start Bradley at the point and be set. We get a proven star at the point, Rivers can play his natural position, Sully play on side of Davis(which a lot of people wanted anyway), and Rondo would help Davis offensive numbers double.

Martin/jones/Lamb for Gordon
    You get the sg of the present, future and mr "can do it all" with jones. You cant beat that...

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    Martin/jones/Lamb for Gordon
    You get the sg of the present, future and mr "can do it all" with jones. You cant beat that...
    2% will agree with this. it's not considered 'smart' by most. But I'd bet my red arse that joves, lamb and montiejunas would surpas what gordon could do

2% will agree with this. it's not considered 'smart' by most. But I'd bet my red arse that joves, lamb and montiejunas would surpas what gordon could do
    agree and ive also said in another post that lamb jonesand montejunas would be a steal for gordon since he wants to leave, thing is gordon has to agree to go to the rockets

Is it possible to tell gordon sorry we are matching and ur not going to PHX, however if u want we will give u a max and sign and trade u to the rockets, so u can either pick us or rockets, andifhe wants to stay we keep him and if not we get lamb, jones and montejunas?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    That Reid article did nothing but confuse me.

Can we or can't we trade Gordon as a RFA?
    yep...kinda (although, you must follow certain rules and he must be under contract, so does that technically still make him a RFA?)
    Last edited by ramsters60; 07-06-2012 at 03:57 AM.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The only reason you trade w/ HOU over PHX is if you land that Toronto pick and a combo of Monty, White, and Lamb/Martin. Or possibly another pick.

PHX is more appealing b/c you get Marshall, Gortat, and try to get 2 picks from them. I'd rather roll the dice than take on Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    The only reason you trade w/ HOU over PHX is if you land that Toronto pick and a combo of Monty, White, and Lamb/Martin. Or possibly another pick.

PHX is more appealing b/c you get Marshall, Gortat, and try to get 2 picks from them. I'd rather roll the dice than take on Morris.
    I doubt we would get Gortat and 2 picks.

The Houston deal is more reasonable and better long-term. Montajunas, TJones, Lamb, and Martin expiring and maybe draft pick.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I doubt we would get Gortat and 2 picks.

The Houston deal is more reasonable and better long-term. Montajunas, TJones, Lamb, and Martin expiring and maybe draft pick.
    That would be fine with me, but I'd rather have White than DMo. Do we need another 7' PF?
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    That would be fine with me, but I'd rather have White than DMo. Do we need another 7' PF?
    I was thinking of him as a stretch 5. I like White, but I would rather have the 7 footer. Or we could ask for both.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I was thinking of him as a stretch 5. I like White, but I would rather have the 7 footer. Or we could ask for both.
    How many stretch 5s do we need? Though I like his game and he's really young. Also granted with White we'd probably want Jones to be a tweener 100%.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    yep...kinda (although, you must follow certain rules and he must be under contract, so does that technically still make him a RFA?)
    You're really making this more complicated than it is. A "sign and trade" is an actual contractual transaction. Gordon is a RFA. And he would sign a "sign and trade" contract with us. The contract would dictate the terms of the trade. No certain rules per se, and he does not have to be under contract per se.

I have not seen montiejunas play so cant comment on him. Is he that good? I mean, he was drafted 20th in the 2010 draft so he cant be that great of a player. Kmart on the other hand is an excellent third option in a champioship team and that is why I picked him over montiejunas.

Thread Information