Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

I dont even like that package, we need Marshall or no deal

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Then I'd just keep Gordon or trade him elsewhere.
    Agreed. Unprotected is a must or we look elsewhere.

If PHX does NOT give us fare value then the hell with it, sign him let him ride the pine for a year, tank, trade him and have another great draft

anyone know if atlanta owns phx's 2013 pick?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    We'd be extremely lucky to get Gortat and a protected first for Gordon. Much less Gortat, Marshall, *Brown*, and their pick. They aren't giving us an unprotected pick, especially when they'll fall apart next season without Nash.

We dont need Gortat, Marshall and the unprotected 1st are vital, otherwise just hold onto him

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    We dont need Gortat, Marshall and the unprotected 1st are vital, otherwise just hold onto him
    This, but what we really need is a SG, since rivers will be a PG but for next year we'd be fine since we have a ton of SG minutes for rivers without gordon

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    We'd be extremely lucky to get Gortat and a protected first for Gordon. Much less Gortat, Marshall, *Brown*, and their pick. They aren't giving us an unprotected pick, especially when they'll fall apart next season without Nash.
    You reckon? Gortat is on roughly 7million per season, Gordon's going to be making double that.. Give them Jack and Gordon for Gortat, Dudley and the unprotected first (possibly projected to be pick 10.. pick 12?), steal Dragic from out under their noses..
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Rockets for Lowry, Lamb, Terrence Jones/Motiejunas
    I would rather take Martin's expiring over Lowry.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I would rather take Martin's expiring over Lowry.
    Do we need any more expiring contracts? Are there any whispers about who we might chase in 2013 free agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hun View Post
    Do we need any more expiring contracts? Are there any whispers about who we might chase in 2013 free agency?
    Great, here comes the Chris Paul thing again, thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hun View Post
    Doesn't matter. Let's have the most cap room as possible. Anything is possible. Lowry will be a FA in a couple of years anyway. He might not be a long-term answer. Plus I have concerns with his body type. He's a bit overweight and already missed a lot of games this season. Who knows if he will stay healthy. Plus, why are the Rockets so ready to replace him. They could easily keep him, but now they signed Lin to an offer sheet.

I think if turns out we have to trade him in the end [which i doubt but if] we should try to do a 3 way with the knicks and help facilitate the nash deal

get something like iman, marshal, and the suns 1st unprotected pick back.

Shumpert blows.

Shumpert blows.
    He's actually a good defender he doesn't "blow"

Doesn't matter. Let's have the most cap room as possible. Anything is possible. Lowry will be a FA in a couple of years anyway. He might not be a long-term answer. Plus I have concerns with his body type. He's a bit overweight and already missed a lot of games this season. Who knows if he will stay healthy. Plus, why are the Rockets so ready to replace him. They could easily keep him, but now they signed Lin to an offer sheet.
    I'm not sold on Lowry either, I'd much prefer to steal Dragic out from under Phoenix's grasp (we owe them one)- at present we're going to have absolutely nothing on the books come 2013 when Lewis, Jack and Martin (for example) would come off the books- we'd be like $45-50 under the cap!!! I'm not one that could see Howard, Paul, Bynum etc signing for NO, it takes exceptional circumstances for those kinds of signings to happen.

One of the more forgotten great rebuilds by a small-market team was by the Kings in the late 90s- they traded their only good player (Richmond) for a star in Webber, drafted astutely with middling picks (Williams, Stojakovic, Turkoglu, Wallace), made a smart FA signing (Divac), and some smart trades for undervalued role players (Christie, Jackson). Trading Williams for Bibby was the final piece of the puzzle.

A team which had sucked forever, and which was a team nobody wanted to play for, turned a crap roster into the best team in the league eventually- it can be done without a massive splurge or high draft picks, it's a case of smart signings and trades for the right players.
    Last edited by Attila The Hun; 07-04-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    He's actually a good defender he doesn't "blow"
    Ok so he blows offensively.

shump tore his acl...who knows if he defend as well after that injury

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    shump tore his acl...who knows if he defend as well after that injury
    Too bad he can't rely on his offensive skills.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    If Gordon isn't staying then we certainly don't need anymore expiring contracts. Hell, at a certain point you're in danger of not making the salary floor unless you get some veterans back and/or sign a couple this offseason.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

i figure if the worst happens and we can't find anyone to fill the bench might as well overpay for carl landry to come back like last year.

and fill out with d leaguers or middle of the road type guys

If Gordon isn't staying then we certainly don't need anymore expiring contracts. Hell, at a certain point you're in danger of not making the salary floor unless you get some veterans back and/or sign a couple this offseason.
    Well, the penalty for not reaching the floor isn't "substantial". Clearly not worth taking on a bad contract to reach.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Well, the penalty for not reaching the floor isn't "substantial". Clearly not worth taking on a bad contract to reach.
    Not like you'd have to take on some horrible mutli-year deal. They'd just sign a couple of reasonably priced veterans that no one else wants to one year deals. Excluding Gordon's potential salary the highest paid player on the team would be Jack at like $5 million/yr. Agreed with the above that they'd probably just throw out a one-year deal to Landry.

Seconded. New Orleans is never going to be able to walk into an off-season with a huge shopping list and cherry-pick the top talent- it's just not realistic. It's time to start looking for players (niche FA, trades) who will fit around Davis and Rivers and buy into Monty's system.

3 WAY DEAL
    NO; PHX; NYK

NO:
    Gives: Gordon
    Receives: Shumpert, Morris, PHX 2013 1st rounder top 5 protected, (if given to hawks via joe johnson trade) 2014 1st round pick unprotected

PHX:
    Gives: Nash, Morris
    Recieves: Gordon, Douglas, Gadzuric

NYK:
    Gives: Shumpert, Douglas, Gadzuric
    Recieves: Nash

Thread Information