Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    the people with the baby blue checks by their name are verified by twitter which means they are indeed official accounts.

https://twitter.com/camjordan94

like how his page has one.
    Cool, I will look for that now. I am a Twitter rookie, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Sarver is a moron, I wont argue there, but he is more stupid and shortsighted... and thats far worse than simply being cheap.

Worst case is you're stuck with him and have to move him, but the prospects of moving him will be very grim, especially if he has another injury plagued season, which is likely. If the Hornets match there is a good chance they are stuck with him for 4 years, which is fine with me.

And no, the Suns wont "cave to demands" because the Hornets are in an awful negotiating position and the Suns already did a big risk even offering Gordon this contract.
    I took so much heat in this thread, being bashed back and forth and called a troll, when I was simply discussing the facts of the situation and a guy who loves to talk basketball. But now, the Suns (as predicted) were unwilling to offer anything and Eric Gordon is disgruntled, injured and most likely utterly worthless in a trade. I apologize to the many classy posters on here but to those who called reasonable discourse "trolling"...

I told you so.

^

That is trolling.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Wow, go you!
    Wherehappens.

I took so much heat in this thread, being bashed back and forth and called a troll, when I was simply discussing the facts of the situation and a guy who loves to talk basketball. But now, the Suns (as predicted) were unwilling to offer anything and Eric Gordon is disgruntled, injured and most likely utterly worthless in a trade. I apologize to the many classy posters on here but to those who called reasonable discourse "trolling"...

I told you so.

^

That is trolling.
    You get a cookie!! no no TWO COOKIES!.....

I told you so.

^

That is trolling.
    I mean, the Hornets are still in a better situation than they would be had they just let him walk. You can at least deal him wherever you want ... this is, of course, assuming he's just trying to force his way out. If he's not hurt, other teams can pretty much learn that via a physical, and you'll get a return.

It hurts his value, but taking less value is still > than taking nothing at all, which letting him walk would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    I mean, the Hornets are still in a better situation than they would be had they just let him walk. You can at least deal him wherever you want ... this is, of course, assuming he's just trying to force his way out. If he's not hurt, other teams can pretty much learn that via a physical, and you'll get a return.

It hurts his value, but taking less value is still > than taking nothing at all, which letting him walk would have been.
    But that is not what people were advocating. Houston and the Suns called about sign and trades. Dell didn't engage them, he just said he would match whatever.

Hornets could have got expiring K Mart and one or two assets like Lamb, Dallas pick, etc. PHX wasn't willing to give up Gortat, but Dudley and a sign and traded Lopez (w/o having to take on Warrick) plus a future pick are both better offers than anything Dell would get now if he picked up the phone
    @mcnamara247

well Gordon is in the building. rumor debunked number 1

Thread Information