Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by HornetWHODAT3 View Post
    Yo can someone please answer this question for me! idk if it has been posted and i didnt know where else to post this. Anyway if hornets match gordon's offer can they fix the contract? because i read that the contract is 4yrs 50 something million but he has an option in year4 so it would technically be 3 years if he dosent take it. So could the hornets give him like a 4 year deal with a 5th year player option or something?
    If we match the suns offer which we will, we will be paying him 4yrs/58mil = 14.5mil/year

Would love to know when the sit down meeting will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    If we match the suns offer which we will, we will be paying him 4yrs/58mil = 14.5mil/year
    so no player option? Or was there even a player option?
    WE THE BEST

the deal the suns gave him which well match is a 3 year deal with a player option for a 4th year... which im pretty sure means hell be here for less than 3 years and well trade him once we can get maximum value.

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Then please, find me a situation EVER where a team traded a RFA in a sign and trade and got anything remotely close to full value... Knock yourself out. If you cant find an example... then I agree, you're done.
    You don't see many big RFA trades, and it's usually because teams simply aren't inclined to move their impact players when they can continue to control their rights for the next few years.

The only way, IMO, Phoenix and NOLA consumate a deal here is if Demps never considered Gordon a guy he wanted to max out, due to injuries or whatever else have you. If that's the case, he's been bluffing about matching to get a better deal; in such a scenerio, the Suns likely wouldn't have to pay full tag because Demps just wouldn't want Gordon on his cap.

I have a hard time believing that idea though, because the Hornets are well under the cap and I don't forsee them looking to sign any more middle tier FAs (ie, Landry, etc) to long term contracts. I think they'd rather just bring Gordon back on and, if he's petchulant, send him away at midseason. From the sounds of it, it's not much of a risk, as the current sign and trade deal isn't putting much on the table for us.

I think if signing Gordon were going to put the Hornets over the cap and into a tax situation, a deal would be much more likely. But they don't have to rush to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    the deal the suns gave him which well match is a 3 year deal with a player option for a 4th year... which im pretty sure means hell be here for less than 3 years and well trade him once we can get maximum value.
    hopefully he and rivers both have great years, so 1 rivers can take his spot and 2 we can trade him for a great center to put next to davis

Hornets247 twitter just retweeted this. I doubt its true, but thought I would share

http://twitpic.com/a5vrf8

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Probably not true but hopefully a light bulb just went off in Demps' head~
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Hornets247 twitter just retweeted this. I doubt its true, but thought I would share

http://twitpic.com/a5vrf8
    I'd give my left nut for James Harden, forget that I've got two kids already I'd give both nuts!!!!

Just confirmed that this news is not true. Carry on

pretty sure he was fooled by a fake Woj account.

too bad, it could've been awesome.

HERE'S PIERRE!!

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    I'd give my left nut for James Harden, forget that I've got two kids already I'd give both nuts!!!!
    I'd give your left nut, too.

These fake twitters are starting to get out of control... I understand the joke accounts, but the fake trades (Rondo to Sacramento, Harden to New Orleans) are stupid.

Again, Harden's photo was posted on 5:41.. Fake Woj tweet was posted on 6:30.. Big time difference if you ask me.

Why would OKC do that trade? If they want to pay Harden a max contract, they will. Why get a totaly new guy when they're on par with each other.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Why would OKC do that trade? If they want to pay Harden a max contract, they will. Why get a totaly new guy when they're on par with each other.
    lol, this. They would still have to give a max to EG, kind of defeating the purpose of trading Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by QPon20 View Post
    lol, this. They would still have to give a max to EG, kind of defeating the purpose of trading Harden.

Not if PHX is involved:

Gordon to PHX
    Harden and Perkins (Salary dump) to NOLA
    Players from PHX and the 2013 first from Hornets to OKC

But as stated it was a BS tweet so no point talking about it.

that would be incredible

rivers
    harden
    aminu
    davis
    perkins

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Not if PHX is involved:

Gordon to PHX
    Harden and Perkins (Salary dump) to NOLA
    Players from PHX and the 2013 first from Hornets to OKC

But as stated it was a BS tweet so no point talking about it.

The best S&T for Gordon? The one that doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    +1
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

That's pretty much how I feel about it. The team will not be able to get equal value so there's really no point in dealing him unless he refuses to play under any circumstances which I don't believe will happen. Gordon will learn to love the city and the team. The Hornets are on the up-rise. If Davis pans out, Gordon will be competing for the next 10 years and we all know winning cures most problems.

You just don't want to have to switch teams again.

Twitter must have the worst security ever, my account has been hacked a few times and I am not sure why because I have no followers, lol. If there is someone out there I want to follow on Twitter there are always a million fakers so I don't know who to follow. There has to be a better way for Twitter to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    You just don't want to have to switch teams again.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
    Twitter must have the worst security ever, my account has been hacked a few times and I am not sure why because I have no followers, lol. If there is someone out there I want to follow on Twitter there are always a million fakers so I don't know who to follow. There has to be a better way for Twitter to operate.
    the people with the baby blue checks by their name are verified by twitter which means they are indeed official accounts.

https://twitter.com/camjordan94

like how his page has one.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Thread Information