Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Just curious as how you can sit here and say about how you disagreed with moves your FO has made but at the same time going to say how they won't cave and give us what we want. Obviously what you views a bad idea is what your FO views as good business. Therefore with that reasoning and the fact that y'all treated Gordon like a prom queen during the process, I believe we hold the cards in this. You seriously over value us keeping a disgruntled player. Kobe demanded a traded or years. How has that worked out for the lakers?

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    3 more years escalating: 6.5, 7.1, and 7.3.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Kendall Marshall
    Jared Dudley
    Phoenix 2013 first (top 5 protected)
    Lakers 2013/2014 first
    Phoenix/Lakers second

I think that's fair, but I probably wouldn't do that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stbhornet24 View Post
    Just curious as how you can sit here and say about how you disagreed with moves your FO has made but at the same time going to say how they won't cave and give us what we want. Obviously what you views a bad idea is what your FO views as good business. Therefore with that reasoning and the fact that y'all treated Gordon like a prom queen during the process, I believe we hold the cards in this. You seriously over value us keeping a disgruntled player. Kobe demanded a traded or years. How has that worked out for the lakers?
    Ahhhh...... What could have been.......

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kobe-bryant-hornets.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	4102  

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    a work of art right there.. i completely forgot how weird al snow was

Quote Originally Posted by LilSisterFister View Post
    Ahhhh...... What could have been.......

Still kills me that we did that. Who knew what he would become

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Kendall Marshall
    Jared Dudley
    Lakers 2013/2014 first
    Phoenix/Lakers second

thats totally fair

I think offering Gordon this contract in the first place is bad business. But I am telling you that those are how the terms WILL be if a sign and trade happens because thats how it works in these situations. What I laid out as a best case for New Orleans (2 firsts and Marshall or Morris) is a STEAL for the Hornets in this kind of situation.

You arnt talking about CP3, or Kobe (lol) and the Hornets are not in a situation to "make demands". They have to decide if they want a disgruntled max player that will be very hard to move for assets... or not.

Kendall Marshall
    Jared Dudley
    Lakers 2013/2014 first
    Phoenix/Lakers second

I'd do it.

You get your starting SF, the PG of the future and some good picks. Don't want any part of Morris. Those twins both suck. So do the other idiot Lopez twins. Don't want either one of those freak shows either.

I like Marshall and Dudley quite a bit.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    What I laid out as a best case for New Orleans (2 firsts and Marshall or Morris) is a STEAL for the Hornets in this kind of situation.
    No, it isn't. Now please go amble back to the Suns forums. Heard all of this nonsense before from the Pacers fans who were just 100% sure Gordon was going 'home.'

I think offering Gordon this contract in the first place is bad business. But I am telling you that those are how the terms WILL be if a sign and trade happens because thats how it works in these situations. What I laid out as a best case for New Orleans (2 firsts and Marshall or Morris) is a STEAL for the Hornets in this kind of situation.

You arnt talking about CP3, or Kobe (lol) and the Hornets are not in a situation to "make demands". They have to decide if they want a disgruntled max player that will be very hard to move for assets... or not.
    The only issue is that the disgruntled max is worth so much more than the crap you keep trying to sell us...

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    I'd do it.
    Yeah because you seem to have an agenda against Gordon.

Still kills me that we did that. Who knew what he would become
    Hornets probably would still be back in Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    No, it isn't. Now please go amble back to the Suns forums. Heard all of this nonsense before from the Pacers fans who were just 100% sure Gordon was going 'home.'
    Okay, be my guest, find a situation where a team got a better haul while shipping off a restricted free agent who was about to sign an offer sheet.

And that ignores all the other factors working against the Hornets (injuries and Gordon trashing them in the media).

Yeah because you seem to have an agenda against Gordon.

An agenda against him? I never said a bad word about the dude until he went full retard. I've never been 100 percent sold on him because of injuries but I trust Demps/Monty. Go back and look. I was fine with the dude until he showed what a retard he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by DTBHornet View Post
    The only issue is that the disgruntled max is worth so much more than the crap you keep trying to sell us...
    No... he isnt, and especially not when he is currently a restricted free agent who just missed 90% of the previous season with injuries.

You guys appear to think Gordon is worth what CP3 was... and he isnt even worth half that.

Quote Originally Posted by DTBHornet View Post
    ^^^^ THIS!!

Taking a couple of picks and Marshall sounds good

To get Marshall who is one of the best passing point guards coming out of college in a while and a couple of picks seems like a worthy offer to me, considering the roster. Not sure vastly overpaying a guy who doesn't want to be here instead of taking a true floor general and picks to grow with the rooks is a better option. Phoenix has made some dumb decisions but they have a relatively new front office. Sarver alone gave out the Warrick, Childress and Frye contracts when they didn't have a gm.

Gordon's likely just going to get matched. Not sure why Phx would give up like 7 assets to overpay an injury proned immature shooting guard. I can't believe people here really feel like the team can get so much in return. Plus, do role players really help the team? Isn't it better to get a rookie and some picks? If the front office wants to pay role players, let them pick who they want in free agency.

Let me make one thing clear. I am not trying to guarantee he ends up on the Suns, its definitely still up in the air. I am just telling IF the Hornets decide to pursue a sign and trade what the max they could realistically hope to get is. And that figure does not include Gortat or any totally unprotected Suns picks.

I hope the Hornets decide to roll the dice and keep him. Gordon has not proven himself to be worth max money and I certainly wouldnt want to give up assets along with tossing him a bad contract. The Suns should preserve cap flexibility for mid season trades and a potential effort to land James Harden (a much more appealing SG) next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by WilkesG View Post
    To get Marshall who is one of the best passing point guards coming out of college in a while and a couple of picks seems like a worthy offer to me, considering the roster. Not sure vastly overpaying a guy who doesn't want to be here instead of taking a true floor general and picks to grow with the rooks is a better option. Phoenix has made some dumb decisions but they have a relatively new front office. Sarver alone gave out the Warrick, Childress and Frye contracts when they didn't have a gm.

Gordon's likely just going to get matched. Not sure why Phx would give up like 7 assets to overpay an injury proned immature shooting guard. I can't believe people here really feel like the team can get so much in return. Plus, do role players really help the team? Isn't it better to get a rookie and some picks? If the front office wants to pay role players, let them pick who they want in free agency.
    Exactly.

No... he isnt, and especially not when he is currently a restricted free agent who just missed 90% of the previous season with injuries.

You guys appear to think Gordon is worth what CP3 was... and he isnt even worth half that.
    Certainly Gordon isn't worth what CP3 was, but he's worth a heck of a lot more than the used bicycle tire and half a Subway sandwich that you seem to think the Hornets should take and be happy they got. Ultimately, there is zero chance that the Hornets don't match, UNLESS Phoenix comes up with a deal for enough assets to make it worth their while not to match. With the Suns' weak roster, I have trouble seeing how a deal could be made without Gortat, but I suppose it's possible.

Again, you seem to think the Hornets are in some sort of hand-wringing quandry, wondering whether or not to match. But the match is a given. Phoenix is the team with a decision to make. Is Gordon the guy they lavished praise upon and offered a max deal? If so, what are they willing to part with to acquire his services from the Hornets? The Hornets only have to sit back and wait on Phoenix to make a sufficiant offer of a sign and trade, wait for Gordon to accept his role on the Hornets or wait until a different team makes a suitable offer. Time is on the Hornets' side.

Let's get this correc!
    you guys appear to think differently, aren't y'all the team that offered him damn near 60 mill for 4 seasons? We was hoping no team will be ducks and offer him that much, Gordon will be a Hornet so he and the Suns can just be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Let's get this correc!
    you guys appear to think differently, aren't y'all the team that offered him damn near 60 mill for 4 seasons? We was hoping no team will be ducks and offer him that much, Gordon will be a Hornet so he and the Suns can just be mad.
    58 million for 4 seasons is nothing like what Cp3 is worth...

And I dont think Gordon is worth even that much. That your own team didnt think Gordon is worth a max... but some of you Hornet fans expect to get a haul similar to the Cp3 trade shows that your own front office values him less than their fans do.

Gortat
    Marshall
    PHX 1st
    Lakers 1st (13/14)

That would do me good

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    Hornets probably would still be back in Charlotte
    God forbid.

Thread Information