Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Suns fans don't negotiate trades, their crappy management does. End of debate on that one.

I wouldn't call it a foregone conclusion. Anderson is only 24. Not as if he went and signed some 30 year old veteran role player.
    Oh, but you negotiate trades?

Banned
    I still think we should get Shannon Brown and Warrick in the deal.

Brown/Warrick/Marshall/Lakers pick/2nd rounder.

Let Gordon die in that horrible heat in Pheonix!

Eww, that trade is worse than Anthony Davis bottom row of teeth.

No way am I trading Gordon for Brown, Warrick, Marshall, the Lakers late 1st, and a 2nd. Ugh, I need to go clean my toilet after reading that mess.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Can we lock this thread now that Monty has come out and said it's no big deal and that Gordon is still our guy?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Can we lock this thread now that Monty has come out and said it's no big deal and that Gordon is still our guy?
    Not yet. Too soon.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Oh, but you negotiate trades?
    Do you see me going to Suns forums and doing so? Nope, next moronic comeback?
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Do you see me going to Suns forums and doing so? Nope, next moronic comeback?
    lol, who cares where its taking place? None of us have any power in this decision making and I am not the one making "demands" and saying "Gortat or no deal!", I am informing you what a potential trade would look like based on every historical trade that has happened in similar circumstances.

As you Hornest fans just saw with the Magic, when players get moved in S/Ts, they get shipped for a fraction of their worth.

lol, who cares where its taking place? None of us have any power in this decision making and I am not the one making "demands" and saying "Gortat or no deal!", I am informing you what a potential trade would look like based on every historical trade that has happened in similar circumstances.

As you Hornest fans just saw with the Magic, when players get moved in S/Ts, they get shipped for a fraction of their worth.
    Different situation. Hornets view Gordon as a cornerstone player. Orlando viewed Anderson as a complementary player.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    That and the report clearly states the Magic weren't really willing to match the Hornets offer unlike the situation with Gordon.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar

Another terrible argument. Magic were cash strapped big time, just like you guys were when JJ was due his $$$. What do you not understand about the Hornets having ALL THE LEVERAGE, if and only if Gordon signs the Phoenix offer? It's completely different situations, and if you don't see why then I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Different situation. Hornets view Gordon as a cornerstone player. Orlando viewed Anderson as a complementary player.
    That and the report clearly states the Magic weren't really willing to match the Hornets offer unlike the situation with Gordon.
    It still doesnt change that he got moved for cents on the dollar... which is what happens in ALL S/T situations.

I am not claiming Gordon will be a Sun in exchange for magic beans, I am saying the most the Hornets could expect is a couple 1sts (with protections) and a player like Marshall or Morris (and any S/T Suns players the Hornets might have interest in like Lopez or Brown), and that is VERY good compensation in any S/T. If the Hornets feel that, despite the gamble on his attitude, contract and health, he is worth more to their franchise then he will stay a Hornet, and I'd personally be happy about it.

You can kick and scream, say I'm not the GM, Demps is a mastermind... whatever, but thats how the NBA works. You dont get anywhere near full value in a S/T. So if you're absolutely certain that the Hornets would not move him for that much then he will almost certainly be a Hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Another terrible argument. Magic were cash strapped big time, just like you guys were when JJ was due his $$$. What do you not understand about the Hornets having ALL THE LEVERAGE, if and only if Gordon signs the Phoenix offer? It's completely different situations, and if you don't see why then I'm done.
    Then please, find me a situation EVER where a team traded a RFA in a sign and trade and got anything remotely close to full value... Knock yourself out. If you cant find an example... then I agree, you're done.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I think everyone has to sit back and understand one thing. You can't blame people for wanting to be on this board over a Suns board right now. I know I would.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Then please, find me a situation EVER where a team traded a RFA in a sign and trade and got anything remotely close to full value... Knock yourself out. If you cant find an example... then I agree, you're done.
    The Suns could trade their entire roster and that wouldn't be fair value for Gordon. You say you don't want him, but Phoenix needs him way worse than Nola does. He'd b the best player in Phoenix by a mile and that's not even debatable. The Hornets are lucky enough to have Davis (and to a lesser extent Rivers) who could become "cornerstones" of their franchise.

I honestly don't care what u think we could get, what any Hornet fan thinks we could get, because it isn't happening. If Gordon is traded, it will be a year after we match when he has 3 full years left on his contract. You don't let an asset as talented and as young as Gordon walk for nothing or for the **** you and the Houston guy are offering. Demps knows who he wants on his team, and if Gordon is on his mind then he'll b here. If he isn't he'll b traded and we will get great return because we were patient and didn't act on impulse like you guys did with JJ, the Magic just did with Ryan Anderson, etc. Like I keep telling u, our situation is so different than all of those because we can afford to pay him and bench him if we wanted to (that would never happen though).

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    The Suns could trade their entire roster and that wouldn't be fair value for Gordon. You say you don't want him, but Phoenix needs him way worse than Nola does. He'd b the best player in Phoenix by a mile and that's not even debatable. The Hornets are lucky enough to have Davis (and to a lesser extent Rivers) who could become "cornerstones" of their franchise.

I honestly don't care what u think we could get, what any Hornet fan thinks we could get, because it isn't happening. If Gordon is traded, it will be a year after we match when he has 3 full years left on his contract. You don't let an asset as talented and as young as Gordon walk for nothing or for the **** you and the Houston guy are offering. Demps knows who he wants on his team, and if Gordon is on his mind then he'll b here. If he isn't he'll b traded and we will get great return because we were patient and didn't act on impulse like you guys did with JJ, the Magic just did with Ryan Anderson, etc. Like I keep telling u, our situation is so different than all of those because we can afford to pay him and bench him if we wanted to (that would never happen though).
    Fine! I wouldnt disagree with most of that (I personally wouldn't trade Gortat for Gordon straight up). My point was IF a trade DID happen, thats the most they could expect. But I agree, the more likely thing is Gordon stays. Only thing I disagree with is that "patience" could work against New Orleans in this situation. If Gordon does not get significantly more durable then the Hornets wont be able to give him away for free, the Suns would be in that same boat. But, like you said, its a risk the Hornets can probably afford to take because they are early in their rebuilding and have cap room.

And while he likely would be the Suns best player I dont want him on the team. He is not a centerpiece player, the Suns need to truly rebuild, not try to a quick fix on borderline max contract talents that will, at best, make them a contender for the 8th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by ray ray View Post
    lol

The keep Gordon. All I can say is that you'll have him for three years then he'll leave for nothing.

Eric Gordon's contract with the Suns will have ; 1) a player option on his third year. 2) a trade clause .. He can only be traded with his approval. 3) a backloaded contract right about the time ARivers & ADavis.
    You are purely guessing and trolling. The contract cannot be backloaded. Gordon was not a 2nd round pick, so the Arenas rule that Houston reportedly used for Asik and Lin is not applicable here. Go back to your Suns board.

Which in all likelihood means that he's staying put, as Phoenix is not going to offer anything worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    You are purely guessing and trolling. The contract cannot be backloaded. Gordon was not a 2nd round pick, so the Arenas rule that Houston reportedly used for Asik and Lin is not applicable here. Go back to your Suns board.
    He also can't have a no trade clause in his contract (beyond the one recieved as a RFA). Not eligible for it.

Phrazbit has been owned about 35 times already. Pretty clear he is trolling.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Good idea, Gordon will be a Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Phrazbit has been owned about 35 times already. Pretty clear he is trolling.
    I was? Please, inform me of where so I can correct you. I was not the one shouting out exact trade figures and I am not the other Suns fan who stupidly thought he would get a no trade clause or a 3rd year option.

So, please, show me where I "got owned".

I was? Please, inform me of where so I can correct you. I was not the one shouting out exact trade figures and I am not the other Suns fan who stupidly thought he would get a no trade clause or a 3rd year option.

So, please, show me where I "got owned".
    Right here:

Fine! I wouldnt disagree with most of that (I personally wouldn't trade Gortat for Gordon straight up). My point was IF a trade DID happen, thats the most they could expect. But I agree, the more likely thing is Gordon stays. Only thing I disagree with is that "patience" could work against New Orleans in this situation. If Gordon does not get significantly more durable then the Hornets wont be able to give him away for free, the Suns would be in that same boat. But, like you said, its a risk the Hornets can probably afford to take because they are early in their rebuilding and have cap room.

And while he likely would be the Suns best player I dont want him on the team. He is not a centerpiece player, the Suns need to truly rebuild, not try to a quick fix on borderline max contract talents that will, at best, make them a contender for the 8th seed.
    while i agree and disagree with some things u say, like not trading 28 yd old gortar for 23yr old gordon, gordon would be ur best player and like u said he isnt a centerpiece, but we have davis who will be our centerpiece and will go with gordon great, not to mention ryan anderson opening the lane up big time

Yo can someone please answer this question for me! idk if it has been posted and i didnt know where else to post this. Anyway if hornets match gordon's offer can they fix the contract? because i read that the contract is 4yrs 50 something million but he has an option in year4 so it would technically be 3 years if he dosent take it. So could the hornets give him like a 4 year deal with a 5th year player option or something?
    WE THE BEST

Thread Information