Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Best Possible S&T for Gordon?/Gordon trade possibilities {merged}

Even with a very talented team davis and rivers will have a transition period and we will once again be in the lottery, ESPECIALLY if gordon is gone, the suns are also terrible and will be in the lottery.

Gordon for Marshall or Morris, Shannon Brown and 2013 1st Round pick

We have 2 lottery picks which most likely one will be top 5 and one top 10

if we get lucky again like cleveland draft shabazz at #3 to play SG and the best center possible in a deep Center draft like Isaiah Austin who is a true 7footer with a 9"3 standing reach and freak athlete who can hit the jumper as well, he is just raw and then sign a big FA like Josh Smith or Iggy and have a team of

Marshall/Rivers
    Shabbazz/Rivers
    Smith or Iggy/Aminu
    Davis/morris/ayon
    Austin/Jason Smith

Just a thought, plus we would STILL have tons of salary saved by not resigning gordon and shannon brown expiring and sign all kinds of great bench players

But like I said its just a thought not saying its gonna happen, just saying

other draft and trade ideas are welcome, instead of drafing austin you could draft someone like mcadoo whos the next james worthy and sign someone like bynum to a max and have an awesome team as well

marshall/rivers
    shabbazz/rivers
    mcadoo/aminu
    davis/morris/ayon
    bynum/Smith

Yeah. No.

They start with Marshall, Gortat and a pick. Then we work from there.

Otherwise I say go ahead and sign either the offer sheet (and you never become a Sun and get shipped elsewhere when we find a deal), or sign the QO and put your money where your mouth is.

Gordon has some leverage with trades to other teams. But not with PHx. They have no leverage whatsoever.

Trade Idea IF Eric Gordon is to be traded... what do we ask for in return?

OK, I've started this thread strictly for hypothetical trade proposals for Eric Gordon contingent on the assumption that he actually wants to leave.

Of course he may not want to leave, or he may not be given the chance to leave, everyone has their own opinion on that. There's already an epic thread spanning more than 40 pages on Phoenix's contract offer, so debate about what that means for NOLA is ongoing there. I hope he doesn't go, this is just a 'what if' thread..

So, IF we were to S&T Gordon, what kind of trade proposal would people prefer?

This is my personal preference, I'm sure many people will have other ideas. Third-team trades may be possible.

IF we decide to sign and trade to Phoenix.. this is what I'd do.

Step 1) Gordon and Jack to Phoenix for Gortat, Dudley/Morris and next year's unprotected 1st round Suns pick

Step 2) Sign Dragic (who PHX are reportedly very interested in) at the going rate- reportedly 10million. It's a gamble, but we're going to be paying somebody for the next couple of years- he's one I'd like to roll the dice on. I don't mind the idea of Rivers starting at SG or as 6th man as a combo-guard.

Going forward, we get a nice look at how a new PG (Dragic) and one of the few competent centers in the league (Gortat) mesh with Davis and Rivers. I like Dudley as an addition because of his age, he can play some SG and SF, can play D, and hits his 3Pt shots at a nice clip. Dragic and Dudley take some of the immediate expectation off of Rivers, and Gortat takes some of the load off of Davis inside. Gortat's contract is also OK for a (productive) starting center.

PHX (without Gortat and Dragic (and Nash obv.)) is very likely a lottery team next season, given how strong the West is. Even if Gordon plays a full season, they don't look to have a roster capable of making a huge leap forward immediately. Thus, we should get a decent player with the first round pick they put into the deal.

This is just a hypothetical- I don't claim to know what Gordon wants, and my first preference would be for him to stay, but..
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Agreed. And the pick -- much to the chagrin of Suns fans -- would be unprotected. I see some of the more delusional ones saying 'top ten protected,' lol, get serious.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Agreed. And the pick -- much to the chagrin of Suns fans -- would be unprotected. I see some of the more delusional ones saying 'top ten protected,' lol, get serious.
    Top ten protected Sun's pick = Sun's pick.

as long we we get their 1st round pick which will be a top 5 pick im cool w it

ya but gortat is 28 and we are 4-5 year away from a championship, wouldnt u rather someone with more upside like morris?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Yeah. No.

Otherwise I say go ahead and sign either the offer sheet (and you never become a Sun and get shipped elsewhere when we find a deal), or sign the QO and put your money where your mouth is.

Gordon has some leverage with trades to other teams. But not with PHx. They have no leverage whatsoever.

no.. gortat, brown, their 1st.. and their medical staff

we start from there

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Top ten protected Sun's pick = Sun's pick.
    In that case they'd have to include additional picks~

I'd like to see who the Suns get for Nash if the rumors are true and they sign and trade him to NY, just to see who they get that we could use. I really would like Shumpert...
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    ya but gortat is 28 and we are 4-5 year away from a championship, wouldnt u rather someone with more upside like morris?
    Morris is still a question mark. At least Gortat can help out in Davis rookie year and possibly have some trade value as an expiring after that. That and Hornets still need to hit the salary floor. And, no, they aren't signing Batum.

If they get shumpert for Nash, him, Gortat, and unprotected one to start. I say we squeeze. If they really wanna make EJ they're cornerstone have them start over with him and take anything of value

there is no way they are sending us a pick that is not lottery protected...not happening

definetly shumpert, dont want gortat even tho he is awesome because

1. he is old
    2. he isnt gonna make or break our franchise but will make us mediocre and i'd rather do terribleand get another top 10 picks

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    there is no way they are sending us a pick that is not lottery protected...not happening
    Then I'd just keep Gordon or trade him elsewhere.

Rockets for Lowry, Lamb, Terrence Jones/Motiejunas

Gortat, Shumpert, Morris/Marshall, Lopez S&T, PHX pick, NY pick to start. We go from there. They have no leverage. Why are you letting them off so easy? He's a "cornerstone," remember. If not, then match and PHX can start from square one.

They like Gortat a lot, Atlanta owns there lottery protected 2013 first (Joe Johnson trade) (check me on this), can they trade us an unprotected 2013 first that turns into a unprotected 2015 first if they are in the lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Rockets for Lowry, Lamb, Terrence Jones/Motiejunas
    Gordon would have to want to play there, he wants to play in phx, he would deny the trade and we'd have to keep him for 1 year first then do this trade which prob wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    definetly shumpert, dont want gortat even tho he is awesome because

1. he is old
    2. he isnt gonna make or break our franchise but will make us mediocre and i'd rather do terribleand get another top 10 picks
    Yah plus Gortat has the most inflated stats in the league by Nash, he was 1st in points off assists last year with 80% of his pts coming off assists

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    no.. gortat, brown, their 1st.. and their medical staff

we start from there
    that might be where they start. Then we say, "OK, we're matching." and then we hang up and wait for them to call back. And we keep doing that until we get what we want.

From PHX I would take no less than Marshall, Morris and an unprotected 1st, try to get them to throw in Gortat so we can flip him

Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    Gortat, Shumpert, Morris/Marshall, Lopez S&T, PHX pick, NY pick to start. We go from there. They have no leverage. Why are you letting them off so easy? He's a "cornerstone," remember. If not, then match and PHX can start from square one.
    Ya this is where I was going with mine. See how much they really want EJ

Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    ur saying gortat, shumpert, morris, lopez, phx pick and ny pick? cmon its gordon not durant

Thread Information