Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marco Belinelli: I want to play for a contender

Marco Belinelli: I want to play for a contender

The Italian guard would love to return to the Hornets but also to play for a contender.

Nothing new, but here's the link..

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...contender.html
    "Just bring him in here, I’m going to block everything"

Chicago was looking last season.

"The Hornets as well want to bring me back and I feel like a god with them."

Interesting. I laughed
    Last edited by All Metro; 06-25-2012 at 06:44 AM.
    SIGN A SF

do the Bulls have enough cap to get him??

Maybe Heat? Spurs? Mavs if they go for Deron

Good, cya later Belli!

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Adios. He's okay but I never understood why people raved over this guy.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Don't like him anyway, and, no, Bellinelli you are not a "God" here in New Orleans.

I wouldn't too upaet about an awkward translation of his quote intp English. Maybe he really said it, but there are other awkward bits, too.

Don't feel strongly one way or the other about this guy. Great guy off the bench, but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Maybe because he is truly a god. He defeated Ivan Drago! Remember?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	4014

Gary Neal in FA, anyone?

but also to play for a contender.
    Well Marco... maybe if you played/shot better the Hornets could be a contender. Peace cya later.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    What could of been had he shown up for the Lakers series.

I don't know who translated it but it's such a stupid translations i'm at a loss for words..i'll translate it from the original

"E' la prima volta, però sono abbastanza tranquillo. La mia stagione è andata bene, ho migliorato tutte le mie cifre. So che c'è interesse da parte di varie squadre. Sicuramente gli Hornets mi vogliono e io con loro sto da Dio. Sarei contento di restare. Voglio vincere: quando sarÃ** ora di decidere penserò innanzitutto a un'organizzazione con l'obiettivo di vincere. New Orleans vuole fare le cose in grande. Ma di titolo è prematuro parlare. Ritorno in Europa? No, assolutamente. La Nba è casa mia. Dopo il draft del 28 giugno potrò capire qualcosa e spero di conoscere il mio futuro entro metÃ** luglio"

"This is the first time, but i'm quite calm. My season was fine, i got better in every stat. I know there's interest from various teams. I'm sure the hornets want me back and i had a great time with them. I'd be fine to stay with them. I want to win: when it'll be time to choose i'll think first and foremost about an organization whose objective is to win. New orleans is planning to do big things. It's a bit early to talk about a title. Going back to europe? Absolutely not. The nba's my home. After the draft on the 28th of june i'll be able to understand something more and i hope i'll know what my future is before the mid of july"

Believe me, this IS a correct translation, if not a perfect one, but the meaning is there.

2 quick points:
    1: He never said he felt like a god with us - stare da dio in italian means = having a great time
    2: He never spoke about a contender, he wants a team that wants to win, and doesn't rule out that the hornets are going in that direction

I don't like him much, never have, but that's just fair to him

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    didnt want him back anyway.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Yeah, that's clearly a BabelFish translation. lol

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Agreed. I think people just miss Peja.
    Wherehappens.

Hahhaa,,but how funny if he really said he felt like a god here.

Why would Chicago want him, Korver is a better shooter.

No offense Marco, but we want a shooter who can make a shot on this team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    I don't know who translated it but it's such a stupid translations i'm at a loss for words..i'll translate it from the original

"E' la prima volta, però sono abbastanza tranquillo. La mia stagione è andata bene, ho migliorato tutte le mie cifre. So che c'è interesse da parte di varie squadre. Sicuramente gli Hornets mi vogliono e io con loro sto da Dio. Sarei contento di restare. Voglio vincere: quando sarÃ** ora di decidere penserò innanzitutto a un'organizzazione con l'obiettivo di vincere. New Orleans vuole fare le cose in grande. Ma di titolo è prematuro parlare. Ritorno in Europa? No, assolutamente. La Nba è casa mia. Dopo il draft del 28 giugno potrò capire qualcosa e spero di conoscere il mio futuro entro metÃ** luglio"

"This is the first time, but i'm quite calm. My season was fine, i got better in every stat. I know there's interest from various teams. I'm sure the hornets want me back and i had a great time with them. I'd be fine to stay with them. I want to win: when it'll be time to choose i'll think first and foremost about an organization whose objective is to win. New orleans is planning to do big things. It's a bit early to talk about a title. Going back to europe? Absolutely not. The nba's my home. After the draft on the 28th of june i'll be able to understand something more and i hope i'll know what my future is before the mid of july"

Believe me, this IS a correct translation, if not a perfect one, but the meaning is there.

2 quick points:
    1: He never said he felt like a god with us - stare da dio in italian means = having a great time
    2: He never spoke about a contender, he wants a team that wants to win, and doesn't rule out that the hornets are going in that direction

Thanks man! Funny how things can get lost in translation and how easily people jump to judge.
    Last edited by Purple Haze; 06-25-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Jujube rules.

Schiacciare!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post

2 quick points:

Thanks Jujube.

Wish Marco the best. Wasn't a huge fan and he most certainly wasn't as accurate of a long ball shooter as we needed. He can land on a contender however I don't see him getting much playing time with one.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Marco or Willie?

I think last year was his make or break year with the Hornets and he didn't make it, but if he made all the open shots he missed he'd be one of the league leaders in 3 point shooting. He definitely appeared to have elite shooting potential which is why people were excited/hopeful about him.

Thread Information