Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets' Jim Eichenhofer chatting at 11AM

Hornets' Jim Eichenhofer chatting at 11AM

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Chatting about Hornets' draft, Davis, Rivers, Miller on http://Hornets.com at 11 a.m. Central today

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/LIVE...aft070212.html

Chat has begun.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    ill post good Q&A's for those that miss it.

question was asked about acquiring a center in FA and will rivers play the 1 or 2.

Jim Eichenhofer:
    I know that Dell Demps has mentioned that it's possible they will go after a center in free agency, but a trade is also possible now. They realize that it needs to be addressed after they didn't pick one in the draft... In terms of Rivers, it sounds like from what Monty has been saying that the long-term plan is to convert him to a point guard, but for now Rivers is definitely more of a shooting guard

Jim Eichenhofer:
    Monty sounds optimistic that Rivers and Gordon can play together, with both having the ability to handle the ball

jim on summer league:

Jim Eichenhofer:
    Rivers and Miller will play on the summer league team, with Davis also playing there if Davis does not make the USA Basketball roster. If he is cut by team USA he will just shift over to the Hornets' summer league team, since both are taking place in Las Vegas. I believe the roster date is July 12. Hornets start playing in Vegas on July 15

So pretty much he knows nothing about free agent targets and doesn't know who's going to be on the summer league roster. Anything he knows that the general fan doesn't?

will the hornets keep jack and vasquez?

Jim Eichenhofer:
    @Ashley, it's difficult to say. Just my own opinion, but with Monty lately saying that Austin Rivers is more of a shooting guard than a point guard, it's possible that Jack and Vasquez remain as the two point guards, with Rivers coming off the bench as the backup SG and instant offense.

Are Jerome Dyson, Lance Thomas and Daryl Watkins contracted this season?

Jim Eichenhofer:
    @Ben, no Dyson, Thomas and Watkins are all unrestricted free agents
    workout post-draft for hornets (rivers and davis)

Jim Eichenhofer:
    @Juan, no I have not been there to watch them work out, however I have heard back from what they've been doing. Anthony is a monster in terms of covering ground on defense - but I think we knew that already. Austin's ballhandling is impressive. He's going to be able to create his own shot and has mastered that skill it sounds like

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Are Jerome Dyson, Lance Thomas and Daryl Watkins contracted this season?
    Jim Eichenhofer:
    @Ben, no Dyson, Thomas and Watkins are all unrestricted free agents

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    So pretty much he knows nothing about free agent targets and doesn't know who's going to be on the summer league roster. Anything he knows that the general fan doesn't?
    Yeah but to be fair, he said he was chatting about the draft, not the free agent targets. Why anyone would expect him to know anything about free agent targets is beyond me. And if he did, what he really reveal it in a chat?

I guess with no real new or inside information to share, the chat seems kind of pointless. But I guess writers and fans have to get their fix

He is going to follow the scrip he was directed to follow. He is not going to reveal anything the Hornets do not want him to.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I guess with no real new or inside information to share, the chat seems kind of pointless. But I guess writers and fans have to get their fix
    He never claimed to have any inside information.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    He never claimed to have any inside information.
    Doesn't change the fact that that chat was pointless.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that that chat was pointless.
    It was to have a discussion with Hornet fans about the draftees. You guys just seem disappointed that he had no news for you.

If he did he probably couldn't tell you because he works for the team. The thing he often provides that no one else does is player interviews.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    It was to have a discussion with Hornet fans about the draftees. You guys just seem disappointed that he had no news for you.
    90% of the people on this site could've conducted that chat and given the same answers. Nice to do, but it's pointless.

And let's not forget, believe it or not, not every Hornets fan visits HR.com.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    And let's not forget, believe it or not, not every Hornets fan visits HR.com.
    Truth.

It was just a chat between Horns personnel and fans. Sheesh! Some people complain too much.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    90% of the people on this site could've conducted that chat and given the same answers. Nice to do, but it's pointless.
    and those 90% do not have the same insight/connections that he does. no one said it was going to be anything more than opinions, just that he was going to take questions from hornets fans about the draft.

Blog Entries
    I'm so confused about Lance Thomas. Dell told me point blank he was still under contract. It took my by surprise since I thought he was just a one year guy.

All I can think is that Dell was saying Thomas was under contract for the next 3 days or whatever it was when we spoke. That certainly wasn't the impression I got though.

I'm calling Jim!
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

From what I've seen, Lance Thomas, Jerome Dyson, and Darryl Watkins were signed to three year unguaranteed deals last year which can be terminated at the Hornets discretion. Unless they released them from those deals in order to free up more space for a move, they should still be under contract.

ShamSports, however, is the the only notable site that lists them as such, so take that for whatever it's worth.
    Last edited by mdaniel; 07-02-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Thread Information