Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Clippers now pursuing Ray Allen

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    George Hill signed a 5 year deal with the Pacers. I haven't seen a $$$ amount yet, but it was Tweeted by Mike Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Isn't he only 6"10? His wingspan must be ridiculous if he has "length" for the center position.
    7'4, and he is an athletic freak.

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Jim Eichenhofer: @aussieNOHfan, I haven't heard anything in terms of Daniel Orton. That would make 3 Kentucky Wildcats though. ha
    Thanks. I appreciate the response.

Celtics pursuing Jason Terry as a backup plan if Ray Allen leaves.

Probasketballdraft: Keep hearing the Dwight Howard sweepstakes has wider net than many realize. One team to watch in particular is LA. Clippers are a darkhorse. Word around the league is that Dwight Howard's value has fallen because of back injury and the way he handled his impending free agency. One exec I spoke to said that a package of DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, and Caron Butler might be enough. Relationship between Howard and the Magic is turning ugly in a hurry.
    https://twitter.com/Probballdraft/st...68566474866688

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Probasketballdraft: Keep hearing the Dwight Howard sweepstakes has wider net than many realize. One team to watch in particular is LA. Clippers are a darkhorse. Word around the league is that Dwight Howard's value has fallen because of back injury and the way he handled his impending free agency. One exec I spoke to said that a package of DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, and Caron Butler might be enough. Relationship between Howard and the Magic is turning ugly in a hurry.
    Anyone but the Clippers.....

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Trade him to the Hornets for Vasquez, Ayon, and Dyson.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Ken Berger:
    Also, Houston's offer sheet with Omer Asik has spiked interest in unrestricted centers Marcus Camby and Chris Kaman, sources say.
    https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/status/219875362413363200
    Last edited by Metairie Hornet; 07-02-2012 at 02:46 PM.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    You've got to s******* me!!!!! I'd take Houston's rookies over that crap that the Clips are trying to send over. I'd hate to be a Magic can right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    You've got to s******* me!!!!! I'd take Houston's rookies over that crap that the Clips are trying to send over. I'd hate to be a Magic can right now.
    I would love to be a Magic can...sounds awesome

No but seriously, there's no way DeAndre, Bledsoe and Butler are a good deal for the Magic. I would hope that the Magic would at the least try to pull Blake, if not more.
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Per interesting tweet from @ProBasketballDraft regarding Clippers/Dwight Howard, source with knowledge of team's plans says no chance of a deal there so long as Blake Griffin or Chris Paul are the pieces Orlando pushes for in a possible deal. And, naturally, they would be.

Hah. Why would the Clippers do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Hah. Why would the Clippers do that?
    My post was a quote per Amak. They won't which is why the whole Dwight to the Clippers isn't even worth discussion. The clippers have two high profile assets that aren't touchable. Although if I were the clippers i'd send Blake Griffin in a heartbeat.

Here's some discussion fodder: Remember when Williams said a while ago (think right after they won the lottery) that there were guys interested in playing here but that they were current under contract so he couldn't talk about them? Perhaps this lends itself to the notion that this year won't be the year of big spending and maybe some of those guys become free agents in 2013?

daldridgetnt: Despite Dwight Howard's desire to go to Brooklyn, there's currently no Nets deal that interests Orlando, according to source. Story up soon.
    Last edited by Metairie Hornet; 07-02-2012 at 03:55 PM.

daldridgetnt: Not that they were ever in it, but...Warriors acknowledge they're out of DH12 hunt, per SHC: http://t.co/kUQS06Pf

daldridgetnt: Despite Dwight Howard's desire to go to Brooklyn, there's currently no Nets deal that interests Orlando, according to source. Story up soon.
    Kind of reminds me of CP3's 'desire' to go to NY. There wasn't a Knicks deal that interested the Hornets. Like the Hornets, Orlando has to get the best deal for their team, not for Dwight.

I have a feeling Howard ends up a Laker or
    Rocket. It's been the only talent for talent type trades worth it for Orlando.

Adrian Wojnarowski:

As teams finalize framework of Joe Johnson deal contingent on DWill commitment, Nets won't be sending future 1st to Atlanta, source tells Y!

David Aldridge:

Breaking: Nets "very close" to acquiring Joe Johnson from Hawks for Farmar, Petro, Morrow, Williams, Stevenson and protected pick (Houston).

Source indicated earlier that the Nets would proceed with JJ deal whether or not they get commitment from Deron Williams to stay w/Brooklyn.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    David Aldridge:

Breaking: Nets "very close" to acquiring Joe Johnson from Hawks for Farmar, Petro, Morrow, Williams, Stevenson and protected pick (Houston).

Source indicated earlier that the Nets would proceed with JJ deal whether or not they get commitment from Deron Williams to stay w/Brooklyn.
    No EJ for them! Lol
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I will never again say that a trade seems to unbelievable. Any trade is possible it just takes a GM ****ty enough.

I cannot understand why any team would bail Atlanta out of JJs contract. It is a huge albatross. He is good, but 31 years old with about $90 million left over 4 years. Amazing how stupid some GMs. The Nets will be built around JJ, DWill and Lopez I guess.

Is Billy King still the Nets' GM?

Thread Information