Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    the Heat just won a title without a true center, you think other teams would take notes instead of dishing out max contracts to 3rd wheel C's
    they also won with 3 superstars, and role players at center, (Haslem+Turiaf+Bosh played plenty of time there)

Any news on where Scott Macahado is going yet?

the Heat just won a title without a true center, you think other teams would take notes instead of dishing out max contracts to 3rd wheel C's
    I'm sure most teams feel they can land talent like Lebron, Wade, and Bosh.

With the way the centers are getting paid I'd much rather just try Smith for a year and see how he does, his main problem is rebounding which Davis and Aminu can make up for
    Right, I like Kaman but he will probably get the same as Asik and that would be a horrible contract to give him

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    I think a 7'1 center like Hibbert is worth the max contract considering center would be the weakest position in the league, that's why most centers get good pay days. Jordan, Hibbert, Dalembert, Chandler, Haywood, Asik, Perkins, Bogut + many more...
    +1

Hibbert is one of the tallest center in the league, can post up, shoot at mid range and protect the rim. He dominated when the opposit team has no center ( like Miami and Orlando).
    He has just one good season, but he has imporve every year. Indiana would be crazy not to match portland offer... No way i would spend all my money on Grander and let Hibbert walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    word is he is playing for the Rockets in the summer league

I think a 7'1 center like Hibbert is worth the max contract considering center would be the weakest position in the league, that's why most centers get good pay days. Jordan, Hibbert, Dalembert, Chandler, Haywood, Asik, Perkins, Bogut + many more...
    I'd love to see teams try to score in the paint while the Law Firm of Hibbert & Davis is clocked in.

Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetsfan41 View Post
    +1

Hibbert is one of the tallest center in the league, can post up, shoot at mid range and protect the rim. He dominated when the opposit team has no center ( like Miami and Orlando).
    He has just one good season, but he has imporve every year. Indiana would be crazy not to match portland offer... No way i would spend all my money on Grander and let Hibbert walk away...
    lol?? Dwight...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Rockets
    only for the summer league at this point in time, he hasn't signed anywhere yet

lol?? Dwight...
    think he meant in the playoffs when dwight pulled his fallopian tube

only for the summer league at this point in time, he hasn't signed anywhere yet
    Could we sign him after a few summer league games?

You dont need a really good C to win and they are way overpaid, Hibbert is the 3rd best player on a good team and hes about to paid like a #1

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    think he meant in the playoffs when dwight pulled his fallopian tube
    LOL...

Noah received a 5 year/60 million contract not too long ago. Is Hibbert receiving 4 year/58mil that big of a deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetsfan41 View Post
    +1

If 12 ppg is dominating, goodness me..

Ask yourself this. If you were the Blazers, why would you not do it?

Look at the possible starting 5:
    Lillard
    Matthews
    Batum(Assuming they retain him)
    Aldridge
    Hibbert

I've always thought it was a smart investment if a player like Hibbert completes a team. We're not talking about signing him to be their cornerstone. We're talking about signing him to complete it. That's an extremely young team there. I would expect the Hornets to do the same thing once Davis/Gordon/Rivers establish themselves.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    That's a scary team. Could do some legit damage in the west...

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post

Lillard
    Matthews
    Aldridge
    Hibbert

I've always thought it was a smart investment if a player like Hibbert completes a team. We're not talking about signing him to be their cornerstone. We're talking about signing him to complete it. That's an extremely young team there. I would expect the Hornets to do the same thing once Davis/Gordon/Rivers establish themselves.
    Exactly. You don't sign a player like Hibbert at the start of a rebuild. But, you would definitely want him once all the other pieces are in place and your team is ready to make a legitimate playoff run.

If Portland gets Hibbert, I think they can be Top 4 in the West honestly, depending on how Lillard plays
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

yup, played for Magic last year, he is one of my FA targets I think Monty can turn into a decent player!he has great length, and played for Kentucky with John Wall...could be a nice pickup, I think a 2yr/5M contract could suit him well
    Isn't he only 6"10? His wingspan must be ridiculous if he has "length" for the center position.

League sources believe the Johnson-to-Brooklyn deal has a strong chance of happening in the next 48 hours. If it does, it just goes to show you that you can have any collective bargaining agreement you want -- there's still no substitute for having one of the richest men on the planet own your basketball team. CBSSports.com

The nfl is still the best league out there, without any doubt. Even with godhell

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post

Lillard
    Matthews
    Aldridge
    Hibbert

I wouldnt assume anything with Batum. If they were only willing to spend 9 a year on Batum before the Hibbert deal, I think the number shrinks after it.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah man, I know who he is. I was just wondering if anyone heard if we are interested in him or which teams are bringing him in to talk.
    Jim Eichenhofer: @aussieNOHfan, I haven't heard anything in terms of Daniel Orton. That would make 3 Kentucky Wildcats though. ha

Thread Information