Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Has anyone heard anything about Daniel Orton? He is one of my cheap guys that I like for us to groom.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    It'd be good in theory, but I don't think we'd be on his radar, mostly because he either wants to play for a contender or his homeland, and we are neither. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have his court vision and leadership for two seasons, but I just don't think he'd consider us as a legitimate possibility.
    I honestly think we'd be a better contender than the Knicks and it wouldn't hurt to make him an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I honestly think we'd be a better contender than the Knicks and it wouldn't hurt to make him an offer.
    I can sort of agree with that. Having a PG with good court vision doesn't really benefit the Knicks because Melo is just going to ball stop anyway. He'd give Chandler and Amare new life immediately, though. But I'm not sure we'd be great with a Nash/Gordon/Davis core and spot starters at the SF and C. And at the end of the day, the Knicks have a better (or at least better known) superstar than we do, which would probably be the tipping point. But no, I don't think the Knicks immediately become a title contender with Nash. And you're right, throwing out an offer wouldn't really hurt.

I would rather sign a cheap C or go for Kaman (sign him to a 3 year deal for a decent price), and wait til next year's draft and draft one of those big guys. They have like 5 C's in the top 10 next year. I would rather wait and groom one of them!

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    The Hornets are not signing Steve Nash and Steve Nash has no interest in coming to the Hornets. So who's next on deck in the fantasy land wish list? Gerald Wallace? Grant Hill? Tim Duncan?
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    The Hornets are not signing Steve Nash and Steve Nash has no interest in coming to the Hornets. So who's next on deck in the fantasy land wish list? Gerald Wallace? Grant Hill? Tim Duncan?
    Oh man with all the comparisons to Duncan he could totally come in and mentor Davis! Make it happen Dell!

Don't forget Ray Allen!!!

I know it's the longest longshot ever, but it is something that has never been discussed before

Probably because it doesn't really make any sense for either Nash or the Hornets.

Probably because it doesn't really make any sense for either Nash or the Hornets.
    It does make sense for the Hornets actually, Nash is one of the better leaders ever and would help AD with his offensive game and Rivers with his point guard skills.

It makes no sense at all for Nash though, unless he was just following the money.

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    Sources: Chris Kaman visits with Pacers tomorrow. Solid, affordable alternative to suddenly über-pricy Roy Hibbert.

Somehow Kaman already looks like a Pacer as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about Daniel Orton? He is one of my cheap guys that I like for us to groom.
    yup, played for Magic last year, he is one of my FA targets I think Monty can turn into a decent player!he has great length, and played for Kentucky with John Wall...could be a nice pickup, I think a 2yr/5M contract could suit him well

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    yup, played for Magic last year, he is one of my FA targets I think Monty can turn into a decent player!he has great length, and played for Kentucky with John Wall...could be a nice pickup, I think a 2yr/5M contract could suit him well
    Yeah man, I know who he is. I was just wondering if anyone heard if we are interested in him or which teams are bringing him in to talk.

With the way the centers are getting paid I'd much rather just try Smith for a year and see how he does, his main problem is rebounding which Davis and Aminu can make up for

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    With the way the centers are getting paid I'd much rather just try Smith for a year and see how he does, his main problem is rebounding which Davis and Aminu can make up for
    Exactly. I'd be perfectly fine with JSmith starting next year, and bring in a guy like Robin Lopez, Daniel Orton, or even Hassan Whiteside (if we can trade for him, should be cheap) to back him up. Also, Ayon can play the Center a little bit. No need to overspend on some scrub Center.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 07-02-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Why not offer Hibbert big money like the Blazers have? *thinking out loud*
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    Why not offer Hibbert big money like the Blazers have? *thinking out loud*
    because he's not worth the contract Portland is going to give him

Jack/Vasquez
    Gordon/Rivers/Henry
    Aminu/Henry/Miller
    Davis/Ayon
    Kaman/Smith

We started winning games last season with a far less ideal lineup than that, but this has all our essentials in the lineup (given they're all healthy at once, unlike last year) with a major boost in Davis and Rivers.

Kaman is about to get paid!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Kaman is about to get paid!
    Lol! By who?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Lol! By who?
    Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    because he's not worth the contract Portland is going to give him
    I think a 7'1 center like Hibbert is worth the max contract considering center would be the weakest position in the league, that's why most centers get good pay days. Jordan, Hibbert, Dalembert, Chandler, Haywood, Asik, Perkins, Bogut + many more...

I hope our front office can avoid sitting around getting comfortable. I'm looking at some of these players joining certain teams summer LGs..... I just hope we know that the draft was just the beginning and not a championship.

the Heat just won a title without a true center, you think other teams would take notes instead of dishing out max contracts to 3rd wheel C's

Thread Information