Pelicans Report

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1185

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Jordan Hill just re-signed with the Lakers.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    being the Lakers gm must be the easiest job in the world.

Source says restricted free agent Greg Stiemsma has an offer sheet above the Celtics qualifying offer. Stiemsma evaluating his options.

Wonder who the team is if its not Twolves,I know Portland needs a Center too and Rockets but money may be tied up in Asik
    Last edited by saintshornets23; 07-21-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Hope we pass on him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saintshornets23 View Post
    Source says restricted free agent Greg Stiemsma has an offer sheet above the Celtics qualifying offer. Stiemsma evaluating his options.

Sure its Twolves,doubt its Hornets.
    Actually:

Jerry Zgoda: Stiemsma's agent said his client received an offer from another team that they're weighing while discussions with Wolves continue Twitter

Doesn't mean the TWolves won't offer more, but the reported offer seems to be from someone else.

Someone please explain to me what is going on with Jodie Meeks. 24 years old, played in all of the Sixers games last year, starting 50. Good 3 point shooter, exceptional free throw shooter. I would love to pick him up, seems to be the type of guy that is right in our wheel house.

Outside team offer?

Nice hope its us for once. Tho i wonder why he hasn't signed it? Must be trying to use whoever to leverage a higher offer from the wolves.
    Last edited by Pelicans23; 07-21-2012 at 10:21 AM.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Am I the only person who doesn't really want Steisma? I'm not interested in signing anyone (thats left) for longer than a one year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't really want Steisma? I'm not interested in signing anyone (thats left) for longer than a one year contract.
    I'm sort of indifferent. He definitely fits the bill of a good defensive big off the bench for us.

We could easily have around $20 million next offseason, I'm ok giving some of that up for the piece of mind knowing we have bigs like Anderson, Davis, Smith and Stiesma locked up. All depends on the size of the deal I guess.

Just a little tidbit I found that mentions us.

Pat
    Who would be able to afford Howard next summer if he is an UFA. Dallas, Houston, anyone else?

Larry Coon
    Here’s a team that always seems to fly just under the radar, and when all is said and done, people wonder “Where did they come from?” San Antonio potentially can have close to enough cap room to make it interesting.

Other teams that could have enough space: Atlanta, Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota, Phoenix, Utah. Maybe Detroit, Milwaukee & New Orleans.

Stiesma would be a great pickup if we got him for low backup center prices.

I could see him filling the nick collision role quite well for us. We need role players as well as our stars.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
    Timberwolves and Greg Stiemsma agree on contract terms

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    One less big available.

Why be a backup for a rebuilding team when he can be a backup for a contending team. That thinking is very common among most players in the league. Plus he may more PT with the Bulls since they don't have a legit starting SG.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Things have been very underwhelming since the Jack trade. Disappointing is an understatement.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's too damn quiet on the Hornets front. Nothing but speculation and rumors of moves. What are you planning, Supervillain?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's too damn quiet on the Hornets front. Nothing but speculation and rumors of moves. What are you planning, Supervillain?
    That is the question. He didn't go after Brand or Haywood. Let Stiemsma go today. Hasn't signed a perimeter shooting wing. Maybe he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Things have been very underwhelming since the Jack trade. Disappointing is an understatement.
    I don't know, it's all about expectations. The Hornets are obviously eyeing next season and don't want to take on any more future money. Since the Jack trade, they were able to take on Brad Miller's contract and got two second round picks out of it. And because of his buyout, they should still have almost $5 million to spend. If they, for instance, trade Landry for a big and a second round pick, that means they turned Jarrett Jack's expiring deal into a big and three second round picks. I would say that's pretty impressive return for one of your 3 PG's.

I hate trading Jack as much as anyone, I wish we had received at least a second in that deal. But as Dell has said in the past, he's not always trying to win every deal, you have to look at the big picture.

This offseason, Dell has traded the remaining $43 million of Ariza and OKafor's deals, all of Jacks $5.5 million, he resigned Eric Gordon, drafted Davis, Rivers and Miller, S&T for Ryan Anderson, and counting Miller, brought us three second round picks we didn't have before. And because of this, we could have around $20 million next offseason we woudln't have otherwise had.

We are losing these players for one reason and one reason only. We refuse to guarentee money beyond this season. And as frustrating as that is to us fans, that is the right move.

He could have tried to get Brand, but he didn't. This roster isn't set and he could sign a couple of players to one year deals to fill some holes.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Re: Stiemsma signing -- wonder if that means they'll be less likely to retain Pekovic next off-season.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He could have tried to get Brand, but he didn't. This roster isn't set and he could sign a couple of players to one year deals to fill some holes.
    Again, I wanted Brand as much as anyone. But I think it's pretty obvious there was something fishy about that one. One of the better PF's in the NBA is available and only one team offers him more than $2 million. If you're going to judge Dell on that one, you'll have to judge about ten other teams that could have done the same thing. There are things we don't know there obviously.

We still have months here before the season starts. Last time we got impatient we got Ryan Anderson out of nowhere.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Doesn't matter. Our starting four and five are already on board.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    The Hornets probably put in a call to Brand and he could have said 'Uh, yeah, I don't want to play for you guys.' It is what it is. I don't get why so many people are disappointed or still expected even moderate deals at this point. I'd say the team is pretty much set going into this season.

Do you know how many teams would kill to have four young prospects like Davis, Rivers, Gordon (funny to call him a prospect but he still has to string a full season together), and Anderson? Come on, people. The off-season has been phenomenal and people are getting emo because we aren't signing some middling/crap role players.

Wonder why no one is talking about TWill, Terrence Williams? Could definitely help fit as the athletic guard/forward we are looking for and showed with minutes he can play in Sacramento

Belli close to Bullage...

The Bulls appear close to signing free agent guard Marco Belinelli, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedication View Post
    Wonder why no one is talking about TWill, Terrence Williams? Could definitely help fit as the athletic guard/forward we are looking for and showed with minutes he can play in Sacramento
    He's got serious attitude issues... All the talent in the world but he's gone through three teams already and had problems with management every single time.

Thread Information