Pelicans Report

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1185

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    in no way shape or form am i comparing him to his brother. bottom line is he will NEVER be as good as brook offensively, but i think if you give him 10+ more mpg you will see a huge difference in his production (obviously) but keep his efficiency (i like his career fg %). i just think he would fit in perfectly here and help out a lot. and he could prob be snatched away from the suns for around 5-7mil per year.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Fair enough, agree to disagree on Robin. I would just rather pay someone 1 year or cheap over a couple than sign this guy to a 5-7mil, cutting into our cap for next year.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Fair enough, agree to disagree on Robin. I would just rather pay someone 1 year or cheap over a couple than sign this guy to a 5-7mil, cutting into our cap for next year.
    i am not against the idea of just signing a filler for 1 season. but if we got lopez, and used our team option not to keep X, we would still have close to enough $$$ to sign a max guy. it might not be fully max but it would be close.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Okay, maybe blows isn't the word that's best appropriate. But I have seen him play and he's very inconsistent, and his playing time (14mpg) reflects that. People are acting like he's a twin of his brother Brooke talent-wise. Brooke is by far much better than Robin. Robin had the chance last season to take the starting role from Gortat... and lost. He went from starting 56 games to starting 0 in 11-12. Only averaged 14 minutes on the court.. 5 ppg/3rpg. Even if you double that, it's only 10/6. Jason Smith played 23mpg last season and had 10 & 5. So, yeah, for the money he we'd have to play for him, no thanks.

Edit: Yeah you can make the argument that Smith double dipped at C and PF. But still, playing time is playing time. If Lopez was so good, he would've commanded more playing time.
    I don't know, a lot of Suns fans have a similar opinion, so what do I know. But I still think he has potential. Potential he showed when he destroyed us last year. He's much more physical than Brook, and plays with much more emotion. I don't expect him to ever score 20+ a game, so my expectations aren't high. I just think he gives a very athletic, young, big body. In no way is he a total stiff and we need bigs. It's all about price.

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Celtics to acquire G Courtney Lee from Rockets in a sign and trade sending back F JaJuan Johnson, sources tell Y! Details being finalized
    Phoenix plan F fails yet again.

Rockets got another PF.....Shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Phoenix plan F fails yet again.
    I don't know why, but I am getting so much joy from this...

....oh wait. I know why. Those ***holes tried to steal my star SG!!! HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    UPDATE:E'Twaun Moore, JuJuan Johnson, Sean Williams, and a 2nd round pick for Courtney Lee.

Great move by Boston. I guess he'll start at the 2, while Terry resumes his 6th man role? I like Lee, but with Gordon on the roster he wouldn't of fit here.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
    I believe Jon Brockman is now 9th on Houston's power forward depth chart.

Lmao how many 4s does Houston need? Great trade by the Celtics. They've put themselves in position to contend in Miami. Boston is clearly the only team in the Eastern conference who can give Miami a battle in a seven game series.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Ryan hollins just signed with the clippers

so there goes that.

I'm sure everyone's heard all the hype that Dwight Howard is willing to now sign an extenion with the Lakers if traded there ? Right. I'll believe it when i see it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm sure everyone's heard all the hype that Dwight Howard is willing to now sign an extenion with the Lakers if traded there ? Right. I'll believe it when i see it.
    I think I'm going to have a Howard-induced coma. Wake me up when he's on another team.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I think I'm going to have a Howard-induced coma. Wake me up when he's on another team.
    Yeah, this has absolutely made me dislike him.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Melo-drama part 2

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    UPDATE:E'Twaun Moore, JuJuan Johnson, Sean Williams, and a 2nd round pick for Courtney Lee.

Great move by Boston. I guess he'll start at the 2, while Terry resumes his 6th man role? I like Lee, but with Gordon on the roster he wouldn't of fit here.
    Avery Bradley is supposed to start at the 2.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Robin is a better defender, rebounder. Brook is a better post scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Avery Bradley is supposed to start at the 2.
    Wont be ready for the start of the season they say.

Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop
    Courtney Lee deal may be in trouble. Sides trying to keep it alive

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    i saw this. Sorry if its a dup

Steve Bulpett
    ‏@SteveBHoop 24m Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel
    Getting word PHX & New Orleans are the teams that were - and still may be - involved in Celt deal for Courtney Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    i saw this. Sorry if its a dup

Steve Bulpett
    ‏@SteveBHoop 24m Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel
    Getting word PHX & New Orleans are the teams that were - and still may be - involved in Celt deal for Courtney Lee.
    intriguing

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    maybe we get Johnson? My buddy is a C's fan and raves about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    maybe we get Johnson? My buddy is a C's fan and raves about him.
    I'd love that. I like Purdue a lot and I love his game. He needs bulk to play PF effectively but I'd love to have him on our team.

just saw that the hornets play the magic in mexico this year

Thread Information