Pelicans Report

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1185

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Problem is he's a RFA and we all know how those work out. Either overpay or it'll get matched, or in Batum's case even if you overlay they'll match it
    Or go the Houston route - throw a curveball at the stupid owner late in the process and count on him screwing it up.

So it's final that McGee is back with Denver.

Pierre McGee ‏@JaValeMcGee34
    Just signed with Denver, could not be happier! Thank you to the Kroenke family and the fans for their support.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    So it's final that McGee is back with Denver.
    4 years 44 mill... sheez,

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    It was assumed he'd get between 10-12 a year. Considering what guys like Asik and Humphries have gotten it's not that crazy.

it was expected...suprised he didnt get more than 11 per yr

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    It was assumed he'd get between 10-12 a year. Considering what guys like Asik and Humphries have gotten it's not that crazy.
    Agreed. I think Denver did quite well locking him up for only 11M per. I still don't understand why teams weren't going after him hard. Either way Denver did a nice job with his contract, along with securing a good backup 5 in Anthony Randolph for cheap. I always like the moves their front office makes. They are seriously an underrated group who seem to always find a way to secure their core players without having to overpay for them.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-18-2012 at 10:59 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Thank God that wasn't us...

There's a reason why he didn't get more. He didn't entertain any other team. He only negotiated with Denver. He could have easily gotten 12+ in this market.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I think people need to get used to the idea of seeing Smith and Davis rotating at 4/5 this year with Anderson sprinkled in. Smith has earned the PT wherever it comes.
    Wherehappens.

The Franchise
    What the hell is with his whole Pierre thing? (Javale Mcgee)
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Based off that big list...

Belinelli, Green, Davis, Butler, Gray, Brackins, Hudson, Pargo, Pavolivic, Magloire, Chris Johnson, and Carly Landry!!!!

But in all honesty... wouldn't mind Whiteside, Lopez, Sam Young, Bill Walker, Webster (kick the tires), CJ Miles, Solomon Alabi...

Good citizeeeeeennnnn....helloooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Good citizeeeeeennnnn....helloooooooooooo
    I think he might have died.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    Based off that big list...

Belinelli, Green, Davis, Butler, Gray, Brackins, Hudson, Pargo, Pavolivic, Magloire, Chris Johnson, and Carly Landry!!!!

But in all honesty... wouldn't mind Whiteside, Lopez, Sam Young, Bill Walker, Webster (kick the tires), CJ Miles, Solomon Alabi...
    CJ Miles is needed on this team. 3 year 10 million dollar deal

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    I think he might have died.
    Pretty sure he got banned

Robin Lopez would be a really nice pickup. We need a guy with the size to defend Bynum and Howard to take pressure of Davis.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Robin Lopez would be a really nice pickup. We need a guy with the size to defend Bynum and Howard to take pressure of Davis.
    agreed.

Courtney Lee is now a FA, any interest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Courtney Lee is now a FA, any interest?
    I would do a sign and trade with Houston and get rid of X now (and his money) and replace him with Lee!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I think people need to get used to the idea of seeing Smith and Davis rotating at 4/5 this year with Anderson sprinkled in. Smith has earned the PT wherever it comes.
    I don't like that idea at all. I have to believe they will sign a big at least for rebounding or defense. (and yes I know you get that from Davis).

Didnt realize that Pietrus is an FA. I'm a big fan of his game. He is a big time defender who can hit the open 3 consistently. He defends Lebron and Wade as well as any player in this league and that showed in this years ECF. Would love to have him this team for the right price.

1)Pietrus
    2)Brown
    3)C.lee
    4)J.Meeks
    5)Delfino
    6)Bellinelli

Houston just released Jerome Jordan because of all of their young players. I say the Hornets should take a look see!

Info:
    Jerome Jordan / Tulsa Birthday: 9/29/86 NBA Position: Center Class 2011: Senior Ht: 7-1 Wt: 244 Hometown: Kingston, Jamaica

Strengths: Was one of the most effective centers in the nation as a senior averaging 15 and 9 with over 2 blocks per game ... Has an ideal NBA center frame with tremendous dimensions including a huge (7-foot-6) wingspan on a 7-plus foot frame ... Players his size don't often have his agility. Solid in the open floor and has some leaping ability ... Shows nice touch for a bigman. Has an excellent shooting form on mid-range jumpers and free throws with efficiency (68% as a senior but should be able to shoot better) ... Appears comfortable stepping out to 12-15 feet and knocking down jump shots with good form ... Became a lot more comfortable in his senior year showing the ability to be an effective scorer in the paint ... Gets a lot of easy dunks and put backs due to his size ... Utilizes drop steps and some effective post moves to create scoring opportunities ... Does a good job of posting up, using his great length to make a big target in the paint ... Shows a solid righty jump hook ... Quality rebounder due to his great length ... His length also makes him a presence defensively (over 300 career blocks), with potential to improve if he focuses on it ... Had an excellent showing in a late season match up with Hassan Whiteside where he took over the game and handily outplayed the young phenom using his polish, strength and experience (21 pts, 12 reb) ... To his credit has worked hard at his game and become a steady, consistent (game to game) performer at the college level (scored in double digits in all but 4 games).

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Lopez blows; he wouldn't be worth the contract we'd have to give him. Plus he's RFA

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Lopez blows; he wouldn't be worth the contract we'd have to give him. Plus he's RFA
    i dont want to have to say this, but this makes me think you dont know what you are talking about. robin loepz does not blow and it makes me even wonder if you have ever watched him play.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Okay, maybe blows isn't the word that's best appropriate. But I have seen him play and he's very inconsistent, and his playing time (14mpg) reflects that. People are acting like he's a twin of his brother Brooke talent-wise. Brooke is by far much better than Robin. Robin had the chance last season to take the starting role from Gortat... and lost. He went from starting 56 games to starting 0 in 11-12. Only averaged 14 minutes on the court.. 5 ppg/3rpg. Even if you double that, it's only 10/6. Jason Smith played 23mpg last season and had 10 & 5. So, yeah, for the money he we'd have to play for him, no thanks.

Edit: Yeah you can make the argument that Smith double dipped at C and PF. But still, playing time is playing time. If Lopez was so good, he would've commanded more playing time.

Thread Information