Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Robin would be a good fit here. Not too expensive.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Lopez is my guy. He'd be a great fit here and should come relatively cheap.
    Same here. He'd provide another big body in the paint, hes a very solid rebounder, and as you said, he shouldnt cost too much money to sign. I personally think that if he can develop a little more of a post game, he may turn out to be an extremely efficient compliment to AD.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I'd be down with Robin. He is a solid player and his hair is fantastic. I can see fans wearing Lopez wigs and Davis unibrows. We'd have some of the best hair in the league!

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    Rockets are just gasping at straws at this point. Tyler Zeller would've been better than Asik
    Based on what exactly? Asik has contributed on playoff teams w/ the Bulls against NBA players and is a strong post defender and solid around the basket. Tyler Z. has yet to play a second in the league and you already claim he's better than Asik? I can't understand that.

Argue Zeller might be a cheaper version of Asik. Argue that Zeller COULD be better than Asik in 3 yrs, but don't say a rookie yet to step on an NBA court is better than a player that's contributed and helped a playoff team.

Robin reminds me a lot of TC. He brings the nastiness that you need for an elite defensive team. He is a true 7-footer, athletic, and has great defensive instincts/rebounding.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    "Yuck... Omer Asik Offer is back loaded with a nasty $15 million year in the 3rd year... ouch that's gonna be tough to match."

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Wow... wtf are the Rockets thinking? Just to add, I'm sure Mickey Loomis has been studying the ins and outs of the NBA CBA and contract issues and you'll probably see his influence on the Hornets free agent signings. And, thank goodness for that.
    Last edited by Unknown Poster; 07-01-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

"Yuck... Omer Asik Offer is back loaded with a nasty $15 million year in the 3rd year... ouch that's gonna be tough to match."
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

15 million for a year of Omar Asik.

What does that even

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Just to kind of put it in perspective, Asik obviously does some things well, but Lance Thomas averaged 4 points and 3 rebounds per game last year. Asik averaged 3 points and 5 rebounds.

John Hollinger looked at it and said he thinks the max should only be 23.1 million.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I guess they're thinking they can trade his expiring in year three... quite a gamble.

What if someone sets the contract up for Gordon like this. Something like most of the money in the second season of the contract? I'm not concerned, but it is food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    What if someone sets the contract up for Gordon like this. Something like most of the money in the second season of the contract? I'm not concerned, but it is food for thought.
    I don't know if NBA GM's are that smart. There is a reason less than 5 teams realistically compete for championships annually.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    LOL love that meme!

You can only do the big jump in year 3. Either way, with the numbers he will be getting, the first two years will be big so the salary won't be able to jump up in year 3. (the first two years can't be greater than the mid-level exception which is around $5mil.)

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44

wow Asik 3yr/25.1M :S

I don't think they can because Gordon would be getting a max contract. To have the same sort of poison pill you'd have to really under pay him at first and he'd never sign a deal that would net him less money like that.

Rockets overpayed on Asik...... horrible, and if the Bulls match that, then they are even more stupid, he isn't even close to that much $$$
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Let Asik go to the Rockets! Then they wouldn't have much to throw at Gordon, even if we like the S/T offer, he's not going to sign because he want the big bucks!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Stern please call a mandatory owners meeting, another lockout, a veto? Just for the love of god
    MAKE IT STOP!

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I'd be down with Robin. He is a solid player and his hair is fantastic. I can see fans wearing Lopez wigs and Davis unibrows. We'd have some of the best hair in the league!
    Yeah I would be down with that! I'm not into giving out loaded contracts to average players. I think we should be done after the Peja, Mo Pete, and James Posey deals!

Would you guys make a run at Nash (forget the fact that he's my favorite non hornet and my avatar), I know he's old but I think he could do invaluable things for Rivers, Gordon, Davis. We could offer him what he wants contractually and we'd be in the playoffs almost immediately. I honestly think this would be a better option than signing Mcgee/Batum/Dragic. Rivers and Gordon could learn a few things as ball handlers (Dragic did) and Davis could learn how to be a P&R offensive beast (Amare did). I still would rather hold on to our space but if we HAD to spend it that's who i would spend it on.

It'd be good in theory, but I don't think we'd be on his radar, mostly because he either wants to play for a contender or his homeland, and we are neither. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have his court vision and leadership for two seasons, but I just don't think he'd consider us as a legitimate possibility.

Thread Information