Pelicans Report

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

The Timberwolves "expect to get" RFA Greg Stiemsma.
    The report states that Boston is over the cap, and the Wolves "feel like they will be able to structure the contract in a fashion such that Celtics GM Danny Ainge won't be able to match." Stiemsma has been connected to the Timberwolves previously, so nobody should be surprised if the move goes down. Should he sign, he'll backup Nikola Pekovic and will have no sustainable fantasy value.
    Related: Timberwolves, Nikola Pekovic

Source: ESPN 1500 Jul 17 - 10:47 AM

Unrestricted FA Jordan Hill has narrowed his options down to the Lakers and Timberwolves.
    ESPN 1500's Darren Wolfson writes that the Timberwolves will sign Hill "unless the Lakers swoop in." If the Lakers do re-sign the rebounding forward, Wolfson believes the T-Wolves will make a play for UFA Carl Landry. Hill will serve as an energy guy off the bench regardless of where he lands.
    Related: Timberwolves, Carl Landry
    Source: ESPN 1500 Jul 17 - 10:44 AM

Im really hoping the Hornets keep Carl Landry and then find a way a way to get Shannon Brown or Jodie Meeks!

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    The **** they have on their minds?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Im really hoping the Hornets keep Carl Landry and then find a way a way to get Shannon Brown or Jodie Meeks!
    doubt it

I love what the Hornets have been doing this off-season but there is still a huge hole a C and backup SG.

RoyceWebb Royce Webb, ESPN NBA
    With all these huge salaries, Brooklyn giving "Nets" a new meaning.

D_West30 David West
    Scrubs gotta eat too....
    I wonder which of the many scrubs made him say this.

I love what the Hornets have been doing this off-season but there is still a huge hole a C and backup SG.
    I don't think backup SG is too big of a problem. Hopefully we're gonna have EG, Rivers, Dyson, and Vasquez as our guards. Rivers is more than likely gonna play both guard positions, depending on the rotation. And who knows, Vasquez and Dyson might play with each other every once and a while.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

The TWolves are killing it.... But hey, at least we're looking at Hollins. Who needs talented players during a rebuilding phase right

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    I don't think backup SG is too big of a problem. Hopefully we're gonna have EG, Rivers, Dyson, and Vasquez as our guards. Rivers is more than likely gonna play both guard positions, depending on the rotation. And who knows, Vasquez and Dyson might play with each other every once and a while.
    Brian Roberts over Dyson. It hasn't been close between the two so far in the SL

humphries getting 12 mill per yr?????

It kind of perplexes me that we aren't trying to go after a robin lopez or stiemsma instead were looking at hollins. I guess monty really is comfortable playing Jason Smith at C as someone mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    It kind of perplexes me that we aren't trying to go after a robin lopez or stiemsma instead were looking at hollins. I guess monty really is comfortable playing Jason Smith at C as someone mentioned.
    iirc a couple of weeks ago we showed interest in stiemsa, but i would LOVE if we went after lopez, even if he is "the other lopez"

grant hill to clips

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    im more surprised by the fact hump got 12 million a year, i cant believe that.
    It's actually $1 million per year to play basketball and $11 million annually for his new reality TV show, Who Gives a **** About the Kardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    iirc a couple of weeks ago we showed interest in stiemsa, but i would LOVE if we went after lopez, even if he is "the other lopez"
    I been driving the Lopez train for 2 weeks now. He just makes sense. Perhaps not now b/c Phoenix missed on Gordon, so they may offer him more.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    I been driving the Lopez train for 2 weeks now. He just makes sense. Perhaps not now b/c Phoenix missed on Gordon, so they may offer him more.
    and since they lost out on mayo, doesnt help our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    The TWolves are killing it.... But hey, at least we're looking at Hollins. Who needs talented players during a rebuilding phase right
    Throwing money at Roy and his bad knee, Batum and his potential and Stiestsma, whose team actually performed better when he sat for Hollins, doesn't constitute killing it. They might get a ton better, but they're taking some big risks.

There's risk with Gordon too obviously, but when he's on the court he's thus far been a much better player than Batum. Netting Anderson and Gordon constitutes a much better FA period. I think Batum could fulfill that contract, but he's got a long way to go; and if they give Stietsma enough money to "make Boston not match", I'd wager they'll probably overpay there, too.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post

can you really say that on here?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    Throwing money at Roy and his bad knee, Batum and his potential and Stiestsma, whose team actually performed better when he sat for Hollins, doesn't constitute killing it. They might get a ton better, but they're taking some big risks.

There's risk with Gordon too obviously, but when he's on the court he's thus far been a much better player than Batum. Netting Anderson and Gordon constitutes a much better FA period. I think Batum could fulfill that contract, but he's got a long way to go; and if they give Stietsma enough money to "make Boston not match", I'd wager they'll probably overpay there, too.
    Drafting Fab Melo and Sullinger and re-signing Garnett, Bass, and Chris Wilcox made re-signing Stiemsma pointless for Boston. They were over the cap anyway. I doubt it's anything more than $2-3 mil per year. In which case we should've jumped all over that

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Can't believe Grant Hill picked Clippers over Lakers. It'll be something if the Clippers don't go anywhere with all these guys they are picking up..
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I like how the Celtics are rebuilding but still is contending at the same time.

Why yao ming WHY?! Goddamn bad luck with gordon on our team man

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Why yao ming WHY?! Goddamn bad luck with gordon on our team man
    Why not? Just look at that face. Just look at it...

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    not to mention starting caliber 3...i like aminu's defensive potential but i cant count on him to be great

Thread Information