Pelicans Report

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Lin to Rockets?
    ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    The Knicks are considering signing UFA Raymond Felton and letting RFA Jeremy Lin walk to the Rockets, a source close to situation confirms.

Has Kennedy ever broken any stories? I don't recall any.

There's nothing NOWHERE about this DH trade. I did hear them mention it on NBATV a while ago so we'll see.

Looks like Lin might be a Rocket afterall?

Marc J. Spears‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Knicks close to obtaining point guard Raymond Felton in sign and trade with Blazers, source tells Y! Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    If you are about 7 foot 250 and do not mind getting elbowed by Howard, you should apply.
    I'm just 6'4" and 285, but Howard can elbow me 82 times, heck 365 times, for $2.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Looks like Lin might be a Rocket afterall?
    Great move on a marketing standpoint. Maybe not so much basketball-wise.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    They better hope they land Lin, he might be their best player with that terrible roster. They went all in on Dwight or Bynum and it don't look good for either. They'll tank next year and have their and Toronto's lotto pick. Maybe they get lucky like we did

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    There's nothing NOWHERE about this DH trade. I did hear them mention it on NBATV a while ago so we'll see.
    It's just a rumor that they're "talking" It was on hoopsworld I believe
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post

???? Was he traded or what
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

signandtrade

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    ???? Was he traded or what
    Sign and trade lol. You need to sign the man before you can trade him.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Not sure why they desperately wanted Lin so much. Especially giving him 14 million in the 3rd year of the deal.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Not sure why they desperately wanted Lin so much. Especially giving him 14 million in the 3rd year of the deal.
    They aren't. It's a 3 year 25 mil deal ... if the Knicks match, the cap hits are 5-5-15. For the Rockets, it would be 8.3 each year.

Don't ask me why it's structured like that, but Morey's been pounding that loophole with Asik and now Lin.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    They aren't. It's a 3 year 25 mil deal ... if the Knicks match, the cap hits are 5-5-15. For the Rockets, it would be 8.3 each year.

Don't ask me why it's structured like that, but Morey's been pounding that loophole with Asik and now Lin.
    This is the kind of low-class stuff that I hate. I'm sure every GM in the league knows about it, but nobody else is using it because it is a cheap trick.

My distaste for the Rockets organization is growing exponentially.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Desperate measures for desperate times.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    This is the kind of low-class stuff that I hate. I'm sure every GM in the league knows about it, but nobody else is using it because it is a cheap trick.

My distaste for the Rockets organization is growing exponentially.
    I disagree ... poison pill deals are nothing new. The NFL outlawed them, the NBA should do the same. But if they're in play, then a GM is within his rights to do anything he can to help his team sign a player ... it's the league's fault that the loophole is open.

I say this as a Hornets and Knicks fan too, so I have every reason in the world to hate Houston for it.

I have a bigger problem with things like Cuban's been able to pull, ie leaning on the NBA to nix Hornets deals and whatever junk he and Brand's people pulled to poison the waters enough to essentially steal - literally - a strong player.

good for Lin but i cant wait for the Rockets to suck it up this year

Well played, Knicks. well played

According to league rules, the three-day clock for a team to match an offer on a restricted free agent does not begin until the team’s general manager physically receives the offer sheet. Well, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Jonathan Feigen, the Knicks are literally avoiding the Rockets so the clock won’t start.

Here’s Feigen’s report, via Twitter:

“Rockets so far unable to hand deliver Lin offer sheet. Knicks refused to accept at team hotel. Glen Grunwald not at practice yest, gm today. Rockets had a courier knocking on doors at hotel, call room. Could not get someone to accept offer sheet yesterday. Rockets FedExed offer sheet to Knicks offices in NY, but league said GM Glen Grunwald must receive it himself. Clock to match at standstill. All of this is high comedy, but does leave no doubt that Knicks will take every bit of three days to match, once offer sheet is in hand”
    While all of this is undoubtedly hilarious, as the Knicks childishly play “catch me if you can” with Houston, we’re not sure why they’re even doing this. Every report indicates they’ll match the Rockets’ offer, so there’s really not much to discuss in the front office – and news of the Rockets’ offer sheet has been public for over a week now, so they’ve had plenty of time to discuss further options. In any case, we hope the Knicks’ GM Glen Grunwald skips town and ends up in a country without an extradition treaty.

this is pretty good lol

Haha, that's hilarious.

Man, Knicks Organization just never changes, lol. Clippers, Knicks. In the Two biggest markets, and still horribly ran.

very true..... but i got to say i like the run like hell strategy they got. pretty funny. very unprofessional but still funny to see from them

Thread Information