Pelicans Report

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    LOL. Sure thing, Melo. With how the Knicks have thrown away their money and ****ed away their cap space? Not to mention, a couple years and the CBA will nail teams who recently had money to burn.

Melo's dreaming (or joking). Knicks actually have a bunch of three year deals, so they've got an escape from the tax hell. But unless he's talking about summer of 2015, they can't get Paul.

Good riddance to Nets.

Lol to Nets for giving that POS a max contract.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

They could get him via sign and trade. Don't rule that out. Remember, this is a players league where they have all the leverage.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I think we are gonna see a fan/owner backlash to the player leverage issue. It may take a while but there are a lot of disgruntled fans who ae tired of Screwball Melo and DH12 holding their beloved teams hostage.

portland and minny are dealing a trade that will send 2 picks and a sf from other team to portland for batum.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    They could get him via sign and trade. Don't rule that out. Remember, this is a players league where they have all the leverage.
    Perhaps. You never know. Their best shot would be if Lin progresses enough to be an attractive target for LAC. Other than that, their best shot would be to fulfill Melo's prophecy by dealing Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I think we are gonna see a fan/owner backlash to the player leverage issue. It may take a while but there are a lot of disgruntled fans who ae tired of Screwball Melo and DH12 holding their beloved teams hostage.
    That's the sad part. The owners had their chance during this CBA. Hell, they were already locked out for months. And lets be real, as long as we keep going and wtaching the games, the fans opinions on this won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    Perhaps. You never know. Their best shot would be if Lin progresses enough to be an attractive target for LAC. Other than that, their best shot would be to fulfill Melo's prophecy by dealing Melo.
    Now THAT would be hilarious.

I wouldn't give him that contract period, much less give up 2 1sts for the privilege.

Jonathan Givony: Indiana will acquire Ian Mahinmi (4-years, 16 million) in a sign and trade with Dallas. Darren Collison and Danhtay Jones go to Dallas.

they must be really high on Mahinmi

Quote Originally Posted by Pardon View Post
    Jonathan Givony: Indiana will acquire Ian Mahinmi (4-years, 16 million) in a sign and trade with Dallas. Darren Collison and Danhtay Jones go to Dallas.

wow!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Wowzers

dayum

Good deal for the Pacers. Would rather have Mahimini and Hill over DC.

4 mill a year for Ian...that's pretty nice
    SIGN A SF

Indy trying to trade for DJ Augustine now.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Yeah I just saw that and got a little emo. Would have been great to pick him up at that price. Really good deal.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Damn it!!!!! Other than Brand, he's the one guy left whom I really wanted on the Hornets. Great deal by Pacers. That org is ran really well

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Damn it!!!!! Other than Brand, he's the one guy left whom I really wanted on the Hornets. Great deal by Pacers. That org is ran really well
    I feel like you guys are really overvaluing Mahimini, Collison let the league in playoff PER last year.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pardon View Post

Does this mean they don't match Hibbert now?

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Peter Vecsey: Help me out here. Coming in late. Has it been reported that Gerald Green is leaving Nets for Pacers? If not, consider it reported

Uh oh....

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    RT @EricPincus: Very interesting wrinkle - possibility of Scola amnesty to facilitate getting Howard to Rockets, per

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Eh, not really concerned unless it's a S&T. Howard would leave the Rockets after one year without an extension.

Thread Information