Pelicans Report

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    DeJuan Blair doesnt expect to be in the spurs plans for the future..... would you guys want him?
    For the right price why not?
    However I'd rather spend the money on a C

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The Bulls will decline a $3.2 million option on C.J. Watson’s contract, making him an unrestricted free agent.

With roughly $67.3 million of committed salaries for nine players next season, Chicago is looking to clear cap space.

The projected luxury tax line is $70.3 million.

I also would like to take the time to post the Rockets roster lol:

C Josh Harrelson
    C Jerome Jordan
    C Greg Smith
    PF Luis Scola
    PF Patrick Patterson
    PF Jon Leuer
    PF Terrence Jones
    PF Royce White
    PF Jon Brockman
    PF: Marcus Morris
    PF/C Donatas Motiejunas
    SF: Chandler Parsons
    SG: Jeremy Lamb
    SG: Kevin Martin
    PG: Toney Douglas
    And you should probably add Asik to that.

They need to amnesty Scola. No one will trade for him. Man, that's alot of PFs.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post

Are they going to throw the 2012-13 season? Martin's deal expires soon if I remember correctly.. apart from Scola they're going to have virtually no salary committed for a while*..

Maybe they're going to try for a high draft pick and a big FA signing in 2013?

*probably Asik too
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar

That team may be worse than Charlotte.

Now is the time to swoop in on Motiejunas. They have way too many bigs, and they seriously need a PG. Jack + a small filler for Motiejunas should work. He could be a Center for us if he puts on a few more lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Now is the time to swoop in on Motiejunas. They have way too many bigs, and they seriously need a PG. Jack + a small filler for Motiejunas should work. He could be a Center for us if he puts on a few more lbs.
    i would love to get him, but in my opinion, hes the one player Houston will probably never give up

That roster is absurd. Gimme some of dat. Dell, do your work.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I don't even. Wtf? LOL Didn't they trade Budinger for a PF too? Or a pick that turned into a PF?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I don't even. Wtf? LOL Didn't they trade Budinger for a PF too? Or a pick that turned into a PF?
    Maybe we will see the first ever starting five made up of all PFs! That would be a fun sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    That team may be worse than Charlotte.
    Dont worry, Michael Jordans going to trade MKG for Hasheem thabeet midseason. Everything will be ok.

u dont really think houston would trade montejunas who is considered to be the next dirk for jack and a filler? i think it would take something more like jack and aminu

Rumored for weeks as the most expendable of the Chicago Bulls' so-called Bench Mob contingent, Ronnie Brewer confirmed Tuesday that management won't pick up his $4.37 million team option for 2012-13.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,6841917.story

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    u dont really think houston would trade montejunas who is considered to be the next dirk for jack and a filler? i think it would take something more like jack and aminu
    Motiejunas is a complete toss up. He can be like Dirk, or he can bust hard. He is far from a sure thing, so it is definitely not a stretch.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Carl Landry is searching for a lucrative one year deal, sort of like last year if I had to guess.

LINK
    @DanielVeuleman

Motiejunas is a complete toss up. He can be like Dirk, or he can bust hard. He is far from a sure thing, so it is definitely not a stretch.
    Not that sold on him.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Jack doesn't have enough value to trade him and a filler for Motiejunas.

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Jack doesn't have enough value to trade him and a filler for Motiejunas.
    You sure? Jack averaged 16 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds last year. Those are very solid numbers. Everyone on this board hates Jack because he is a bit of a ball hog and he wouldn't fit well with Gordon (theoretically). He definitely has value, though. We traded a 1st round pick for him last year... Motiejunas was drafted in the 20s, so it isn't that much of a stretch.

You sure? Jack averaged 16 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds last year. Those are very solid numbers. Everyone on this board hates Jack because he is a bit of a ball hog and he wouldn't fit well with Gordon (theoretically). He definitely has value, though. We traded a 1st round pick for him last year... Motiejunas was drafted in the 20s, so it isn't that much of a stretch.
    Yeah, but Jack is seen as an expiring contract and Montiejunas (although it is not yet known how he will adapt the the NBA) is seen as a young international player with star potential.

I like Jack more than the majority of the board despite the fact that he isn't a true PG, but as HORNETSFAN said Montiejunas has too much potential to trade for a decent expiring PG.

Sixers Insider Dei Lynam reports that the Sixers have acquired 6-foot-9 swingman Dorell Wright from Golden State for a future draft pick.

Wright averaged 10.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season for the Warriors in 27 minutes per game.

Oh, I agree that Motiejunas has a lot of potential. That's why I want him. Also, reportedly, Demps is very high on Motiejunas, so you know he is keeping an eye open for an opportunity to trade for him. I'm just saying that Houston already has way too many guys at the PF/C position, and Motiejunas is 3 years away from contributing on a high level.

Maybe if we tossed in a lottery protected 1st round pick?

Damn... I liked Wright.

Thread Information