Pelicans Report

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I dont think they got the exception. I think them trading the salary took up the lakers end of the exception.
    If they give up a contract and get no contract in return, they get the exception (just like the exception the Lakers got was because they traded Odom to Dallas and took no contract in return).

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    If they give up a contract and get no contract in return, they get the exception (just like the exception the Lakers got was because they traded Odom to Dallas and took no contract in return).
    Lakers got the exception from the tyson chandler trade the mavs made.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Lakers got the exception from the tyson chandler trade the mavs made.
    TC's trade is where the Mavs got the trade exception to trade for Odom, hence giving the a trade exception to the Lakers, which they used on Nash, hence giving one to the Suns. It's a never ending process. They expire exactly one year after the trade takes place though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Ersan Ilyasova to return to the Bucks for 5 years and 45 million. I know he was kind of a board favorite, but I am very glad we didn't sign him to that type of deal.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You're starting to see why we haven't been so active lately. All the early signings have been considerable.

I know Kaman is polerizing, but all I would like to see is Kaman and Landry brought back. Give me

Jack, Gordon, Aminu, Davis, Kaman
    Vasquez, Rivers, Henry, Landry, Smith
    Miller, Ayon

I'll take my chances with that team for a year. And as long as Kaman isn't in the $10 million range, you can always trade a 7 footer down the road.

But somehow it seems we burned that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I know Kaman is polerizing, but all I would like to see is Kaman and Landry brought back. Give me

Miller, Ayon

I'll take my chances with that team for a year. And as long as Kaman isn't in the $10 million range, you can always trade a 7 footer down the road.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for, for now. At least until we have the option to work out a good trade to get Gordon off our roster.

Total side note/ interesting fact. If we had that roster, and traded Jack at the deadline to hand the job to Rivers, we would have Rivers, Gordon, Aminu and Kaman starting. Four starters from the Chris Paul trade. The only way Jack would be traded is if we're completely out of playoff contention, and I certainly hope that's not the case. But cool regardless.
    Last edited by Spaniard; 07-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    I'd take Carl over Brand
    Why? Brand is the superior player.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Why? Brand is the superior player.
    I'm torn on that myself. Carl's loyalty is a factor for me, and he's also four years younger. Add in Brand's injury history, and his age is a major concern even for one season.

But if we can get either of them on a one year deal, I am ready to pull the trigger on the first one to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

Miller, Ayon

I really would like this roster but maybe start Rivers @ PG and have Jack as the 6th man
    Last edited by rash73; 07-08-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rash73 View Post
    I really would like this roster but maybe start Rivers @ PG and have Jacj as the 6th man
    Well, Jack will start the season as starter. The rest will depend on how fast Rivers progresses. I don't think it really matters, I think you will see all four guards play plenty in all different combinations. Possibly with three on the court at a time depending on matchups.

Steve Novak re signing with the Knicks.

Ken Berger:
    After flurry out of the free-agent gate, agents beginning to see things dry up for second-tier players. "It's ground to a halt," said one.
    Players expecting full mid-level deals are now getting 1- and 2-year offers, agents say. "The money is drying up," said one.
    So those wondering why Kris Humphries would accept a one-year guarantee as part of sign-and-trade to Cavs? Maybe that's all there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Ken Berger:
    After flurry out of the free-agent gate, agents beginning to see things dry up for second-tier players. "It's ground to a halt," said one.
    Players expecting full mid-level deals are now getting 1- and 2-year offers, agents say. "The money is drying up," said one.
    So those wondering why Kris Humphries would accept a one-year guarantee as part of sign-and-trade to Cavs? Maybe that's all there is.
    I hope Kaman would take a 2 year deal with the hornets!

Zach Lowe:
    NYK after today's deals, plus assuming Lin match, will have about $82M committed to 7 players--in 2015.
    Financial relief comes in 2016, when books are clean and NYK can avoid the repeater tax penalties by being under tax that season.

Just agree to a decent deal with a big man and I think we'll be set for the regular season. Kaman is not out of the question, but I don't see him on this team next season. I wouldn't doubt if the Hornets have talked to McGee, but Nuggets will overpay for him and we don't need to reach on a big.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I hope Kaman would take a 2 year deal with the hornets!
    Why? He's overrated on this board.

Why? He's overrated on this board.
    Like Aaron Gray?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Like Aaron Gray?
    Aaron Gray wasn't a disaster offensively on the floor and also didn't make nearly as much.

Aaron Gray wasn't a disaster offensively on the floor and also didn't make nearly as much.
    Wait do you think Aaron gray is better than Kaman?

Wait do you think Aaron gray is better than Kaman?
    No, but he would have been cheaper and not a disaster offensively which Kaman is. I like Kaman's size on defense and rebounding.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Zach Lowe:
    NYK after today's deals, plus assuming Lin match, will have about $82M committed to 7 players--in 2015.
    Financial relief comes in 2016, when books are clean and NYK can avoid the repeater tax penalties by being under tax that season.

......and they are still horrid

DeJuan Blair doesnt expect to be in the spurs plans for the future..... would you guys want him?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    DeJuan Blair doesnt expect to be in the spurs plans for the future..... would you guys want him?
    No.

Thread Information