Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Mayo is about to become a Pacer.
    Why? Don't see a fit for him unless they trade Granger or George. I thought he hated his 6th man role with the Grizz?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Bayless is an UFA

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine Raps G Jerryd Bayless is now unrestricted free agent, agent Jeff Schwartz tells ESPN. Raps have pulled qualifying offer to make Bayless UFA
    Wherehappens.

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620

If NO matches offer sheet for Gordon which they apparently will then Suns will turn attention to keeping Shannon Brown.
    Seems like the Suns aren't interested in a sign-and-trade

Quote Originally Posted by demiurg View Post
    Well technically, if we match, we cannot S&T anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post
    Why? Don't see a fit for him unless they trade Granger or George. I thought he hated his 6th man role with the Grizz?
    Just reporting what I read... and this makes sense...

Mayo is the top choice for the Pacers. He’s been their top choice for a few years now. The Pacers have “great, great interest” in Mayo, one person told me….

The Pacers have to decide how much they want to pay the former lottery pick and does Mayo mind continuing to come off the bench.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Well technically, if we match, we cannot S&T anyway.
    well we can, just not to the suns lol

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post

My thoughts exactly

Well then what was the point of the offer sheet? They knew we were matching. I don't buy it.

I think its more likely they thought they would be able to poison the well and get a S&T for cheap, but our offers have been higher than they expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Well then what was the point of the offer sheet? They knew we were matching. I don't buy it.

I think its more likely they thought they would be able to poison the well and get a S&T for cheap, but our offers have been higher than they expected.
    The Suns don't lose anything by signing Gordon to an offer sheet. It's a no-lose situation for them. If the Hornets don't match they get a player they want, if the Hornets match they move on and sign someone else.

More on the Suns:
    Chris Tomasson

Phoenix and Chicago are the 2 teams most heavily in the mix for free-agent shooting guard Michael Redd. Suns, who had Redd last season, are waiting to see if Eric Gordon offer sheet gets matched by New Orleans. Bulls are waiting to see what they might due with the July 10 deadlines to guarantee contracts of Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer and C.J. Watson

The Suns don't lose anything by signing Gordon to an offer sheet. It's a no-lose situation for them. If the Hornets don't match they get a player they want, if the Hornets match they move on and sign someone else.

More on the Suns:
    Michael Redd is their backup plan? And this is the team more committed than the Hornets to winning? Wow.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Some Phoenix radio host said his "source" has told him the Suns aren't interested in a trade for Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Some Phoenix radio host said his "source" has told him the Suns aren't interested in a trade for Gordon.
    I'm starting to think the Skulls run the NBA.

Phoenix radio host saying if the Hornets match Gordon, they'll turn their attention to Shannon Brown. Shannon Brown was on their roster last season too right?

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
    If NO matches offer sheet for Gordon which they apparently will then Suns will turn attention to keeping Shannon Brown.

I guess Phoenix doesn't consider him that much of a "cornerstone" after all.

Shouldn't he be butthurt at Phoenix now?

Well we can all cross Phoenix off the list for a sign and trade. So do we match the max deal and make him play in N.O. against his will? man I hope this dude doesn't shut it down if we do bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    I guess Phoenix doesn't consider him that much of a "cornerstone" after all.

Shouldn't he be butthurt at Phoenix now?
    Gordon is probably the one who is butthurt unfortunately. Hurt that he had to visit half a dozen teams to get the max that New Orleans wasn't willing to offer him outright (and the 7.5% annual raise that New Orleans could offer him, unlike the 4.5% he'll be getting from the Suns' offer... being paid by the Hornets after it's matched).

It does seem like he's lashing out at the Hornets for his value perhaps being less than perceived.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    This should show him " how much he means to Phoenix! " If they thought he was so great, whatever would've been flying from their team to New Orleans!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

What's the latest on OJ Mayo?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Phoenix did the same orange carpet treatment to Goran Dragic too. It's their oversell tactic. It's aight, but if we wanted to throw a welcome party, no one could do that like we can.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    They know the Hornets will match. They also know that since nothing has to be signed immediately it opens the window for negotiations. This was all calculated to provoke a S&T. Gordon's comments are similarly calculated to that effect. One comment you could let slide but this guy has been saying the same thing non stop for the past three days. Also, just because the media isn't reporting the teams are negotiating a S&T doesn't mean it's not happening. They might be looking to involve another team, etc.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    They know the Hornets will match. They also know that since nothing has to be signed immediately it opens the window for negotiations. This was all calculated to provoke a S&T. Gordon's comments are similarly calculated to that effect. One comment you could let slide but this guy has been saying the same thing non stop for the past three days. Also, just because the media isn't reporting the teams are negotiating a S&T doesn't mean it's not happening. They might be looking to involve another team, etc.
    Phoenix now has a large trade exemption courtesy of the Nash trade that they could use to find another piece to send us along with one or two of their players and some picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    What'd be funny is us holding up our matching of it for 3 days to tie up their cash and sign free agents in that period.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Phoenix now has a large trade exemption courtesy of the Nash trade that they could use to find another piece to send us along with one or two of their players and some picks.
    I dont think they got the exception. I think them trading the salary took up the lakers end of the exception.

Thread Information