Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

More on Roy.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    Brandon Roy has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to sources. Link coming.

All I can say is that I'm glad we got Minny's pick from last season instead of this season. They could be really good.

Are we really waiting for Gordon to make some moves? I trust Demps but damn dude. It's obvious we are going to sign Landry now. Kaman must also be in the mix. As long as that is the plan, I am cool with it. If we can get Landry, Kaman, Nick Young, and the Inahiami or however you spell it, I'd be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Are hornets going to make any bloody move this off season?? all the good players are gone. LOL
    How many good players are there in FA that could make a big impact with the hornets?? I'm still pulling for Kaman!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Are we really waiting for Gordon to make some moves? I trust Demps but damn dude. It's obvious we are going to sign Landry now. Kaman must also be in the mix. As long as that is the plan, I am cool with it. If we can get Landry, Kaman, Nick Young, and the Inahiami or however you spell it, I'd be happy with that.
    I don't think any of that will happen. That's just me, though.

We shouldn't resign Kaman unless we can get him at an affordable price. He's a little too sloppy for my taste. We either need a young big guy with a lot of potential or an affordable veteran that can fill in for a year or two.

I personally want McGee.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    McGee ain't happening.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Daniel Orton as backup C!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Daniel Orton as backup C!!!
    We can use anything now. What starting center out there that's available? Mahinmi?

Jason Smith can start at 5 if he had to but the cupboard is bare after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    McGee ain't happening.
    Whats going on with McGee anyway? Any news?
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    hes at obedience summer camp right now, i swear

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    It's really quite strange. Nothing really is going on with McGee. The only thing I've heard about him this offseason is that contract negotiations between him and the Nuggets are moving in a positive direction.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

mcgee and denver are having good talks and lookin like he will resign

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    mcgee and denver are having good talks and lookin like he will resign
    I still don't understand why more teams haven't gone after him.....why does Denver have it so easy?

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    I still don't understand why more teams haven't gone after him.....why does Denver have it so easy?

Everyone knows you don't go full...

Ok, I've used that one enough. It's just that the guy is really, really dumb and that is scaring everyone the hell away. A giraffe can be 20ft tall, but that doesn't mean you want to pay it 40M to play on your basketball team.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Everyone knows you don't go full...

Ok, I've used that one enough. It's just that the guy is really, really dumb and that is scaring everyone the hell away. A giraffe can be 20ft tall, but that doesn't mean you want to pay it 40M to play on your basketball team.
    That's all fine and dandy haha but I don't think its rational to assume that NBA GMs are that rational. They've been so many wtf signings in FA, especially as of late. Everybody knows how overpaid players are these days. Add that to the fact that tall, athletic, competent centers are so hard to find these days......it all spells out a hot commodity, or so I thought. Everyone knows he's dumb, but he's still so young and athletic. And he showed that his game can improve with the right coaching and the right system. I just thought after that DEN-LAL series that many GMs would be dueling each other to sign him, overreaction or not. That's just usually how it works.

Nick Young going to sign with Sixers

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    We can use anything now. What starting center out there that's available? Mahinmi?

Jason Smith can start at 5 if he had to but the cupboard is bare after that.
    I like either of those two guys a lot as value pickups.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
    Nick Young has reached agreement with Philly, his agent says.

Young has agreed to a 1-year, 6M deal with Sixers, agent Mark Bartelstein tells Y!

Young is a good fit for Philly. They need another wing scorer.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Young has agreed to a 1-year, 6M deal with Sixers, agent Mark Bartelstein tells Y!
    Odd that he would take a one year deal so early in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    That's all fine and dandy haha but I don't think its rational to assume that NBA GMs are that rational. They've been so many wtf signings in FA, especially as of late. Everybody knows how overpaid players are these days. Add that to the fact that tall, athletic, competent centers are so hard to find these days......it all spells out a hot commodity, or so I thought. Everyone knows he's dumb, but he's still so young and athletic. And he showed that his game can improve with the right coaching and the right system. I just thought after that DEN-LAL series that many GMs would be dueling each other to sign him, overreaction or not. That's just usually how it works.
    No, if I'm being serious I agree with you. GMs are dumb. Just watch. McGee will get his turn. It is coming. Probably after the 11th when we find out the winners and losers of the first round of free agency.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    The 76ers have decided to use the amnesty clause on Elton Brand and the $18M left on final year of his deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

There will be significant interest with NBA teams to claim Brand off the amnesty wire.

I'm guessing we might be one of those NBA teams with significant interest in claiming Brand off of the amnesty wire. Thoughts? Doesn't he play center, or at least have the ability to because of his large wingspan?

On Hoopshype (Can't copy/paste)

- Derek Fisher has a bunch of teams after his services... Nets are in front with Mavs, Bulls, Cleve and OKC in the mix.
    - Nuggets reps "grinding it out" with Javale McGee's reps... they say whoever doesn't get Roy Hibbert (Portland or Indy) they may go hard after McGee.
    - Celtics working with Jeff green's reps on a deal.
    - Courtney Lee getting looks from Bulls and Pacers.
    - Pacers are close to a deal with OJ Mayo as well
    - Kirk Heinrich close to a deal with the Bulls
    - Ant Randolph meeting with Hawks this weekend (he and Josh Smith... wow).

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateHornet View Post
    The 76ers have decided to use the amnesty clause on Elton Brand and the $18M left on final year of his deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.

There will be significant interest with NBA teams to claim Brand off the amnesty wire.

I'm guessing we might be one of those NBA teams with significant interest in claiming Brand off of the amnesty wire. Thoughts? Doesn't he play center, or at least have the ability to because of his large wingspan?
    Yeah, I agree. Maybe we got our short term center!?! Yahoo! The amnesty is such a good deal.

How much do you think we should bid?

Thread Information