Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Let's get a few links in here about Bass and Kidd.

Source: Celts, Brandon Bass agree

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...t-brandon-bass

Source: Jason Kidd, Knicks agree

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ew-york-knicks

Banned
    The Knicks are paying so much to stay mediocre. That team has no shot. Good to see one of the 'super teams' from the big markets have no chance.

Jameer Nelson staying with Magic.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ndo-magic-deal

If Lin gets matched Jack at least the 3rd best PG in the division I guess maybe 2nd if Parker eye unfortunately ruins his career.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by king a View Post
    If Lin gets matched Jack at least the 3rd best PG in the division I guess maybe 2nd if Parker eye unfortunately ruins his career.
    I'd take Jack over Lin. Lin had a good two week run, while playing the worst of the worst in the NBA. IMO he's getting such a big deal for marketing reasons for the Rockets.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    RT @Ian_OConnor: Lin wants more $ than reported $31M offer from HOU, according to league source. #Knicks facing hefty match (THEY'LL MATCH)

Wherehappens.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    RT @Ian_OConnor: Lin wants more $ than reported $31M offer from HOU, according to league source. #Knicks facing hefty match (THEY'LL MATCH)

WOW, these players these days are so overpaid its unbelievable. What the hell makes Lin thinks he worth more than 7.5 million a year? He had a great 2 week run. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedication View Post
    This might have been brought up earlier in the thread, I haven't been keeping up... But what's up with Javale McGee?
    i remember someone posting he was ging to stay in Denver. didn't even bother visiting other teams.

HERE'S PIERRE!!

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    WOW, these players these days are so overpaid its unbelievable. What the hell makes Lin thinks he worth more than 7.5 million a year? He had a great 2 week run. That's it.
    Man if a career 3 point 4 some rebounds like asik can get some 25/30 mln per 3 years..why not lin?

Lin deserves it from the Knicks... he made that team a fortune last year, hes already made them that money with all that Lin gear...

Clippers get Jamal Crawford

I like what the clippers have done so far, they only lost mo williams but thats not a big deal with bledsoe and now billups back after missing most of last season. Then they go out and sign 2 proven veterans in Crawford and Odom. Only reason why I posted this is I wanted some intel on whether you guys think CP3 will be convinced that they are trying to become title contenders. How far do you think the clippers will make it next year say everyone stays healthy? Does that clippers team look better in 4 years then what the hornets could potentially look like in 4 years if all of our youngsters develop?

Honestly, Ray Allen would have been a better fit than Jamal Crawford. You know Allen is going to play hard every night. Crawford is a bum. And Odom is just excited to be back in LA so he can tape his new spinoff for E! He doesn't care about basketball anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    That was shut down by none other that Greivis Vasquez....u don't see him demanding 7.5mil. This is what happens tho. The biggest mistake Stern made was making this a players league instead of a team oriented league. And what happened to the CBA actually stopping this overpaying nonsense.

Houston screwed him up
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Perhaps this opens the door for us to offer up Jack for one of their young players. You know McHale is pissed about all of the rookies, and he wants more veteran players.

i think dirk wants out this year.. they should trade him for young assets and picks

Are hornets going to make any bloody move this off season?? all the good players are gone. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Are hornets going to make any bloody move this off season?? all the good players are gone. LOL
    No. Lay idle let every team over spend, get closer to their cap and we come hard in a WAY better FAA crop next year

Quote Originally Posted by Ur_Gmas_Daughtr View Post
    No. Lay idle let every team over spend, get closer to their cap and we come hard in a WAY better FAA crop next year
    This. I felt the same way as Pantazis for a bit, though, because we do technically have an incomplete roster. I'm still pulling for Kaman.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    No sense splurging on players that will only make us slightly more mediocre than we are. I'm not down for another T-word season, but no sense kidding ourselves. Develop what we've got and fill out our roster with whoever we can nab. No team with two 19 year olds fronting their attack goes far. Not right away.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Dell Demps you are not.

I just have to think Jack is on the way out, we have 2 promising PG's in vasquez and rivers, wonder if we could trade jack and xavier henry for jeremy lamb?? they lost dragic and lowry and have enough SGs
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 07-05-2012 at 09:11 PM.

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    Kaman will end up in Indy.

Surely Houston would be looking to trade one of their 7 power forwards?

Jason Quick ‏@jwquick
    Brandon Roy has come to a verbal agreement with Minnesota according to a person in Roy's family

Thread Information