Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by BRHORNETSFAN View Post
    Raptors have agreed to acquire Lowry. Deal includes a future 1st rounder.
    Glad tO see this go through and keep the off season moving. It has been nuts sins the draft. I love it
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Yep. Lowry to Raptors. Billups and Jamal Crawford to Clippers:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...awford_Billups

Billups and Jamal Crawford to the Clippers. Cancel meeting with Ray Allen

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,1951283.story

Quote Originally Posted by BRHORNETSFAN View Post
    Raptors have agreed to acquire Lowry. Deal includes a future 1st rounder.
    The Raptors has got to have the worst GM in the business. He could have gotten both Ross and Lowry on draft day. Drummond was still on the board and Houston would have easily given up Lowry and the 12th pick for 8.

But instead they took Ross at 8, went all in on Nash, and even agreed to sign Landry to make sure the Knicks couldn't obtain Nash. And the end result? Nash never wanted to go there, They're stuck with Landry Fields, and now.. They've just given up next year's lottery pick to Houston and gets Lowry.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    The Raptors has got to have the worst GM in the business. He could have gotten both Ross and Lowry on draft day. Drummond was still on the board and Houston would have easily given up Lowry and the 12th pick for 8.

But instead they took Ross at 8, went all in on Nash, and even agreed to sign Landry to make sure the Knicks couldn't obtain Nash. And the end result? Nash never wanted to go there, They're stuck with Landry Fields, and now.. They've just given up next year's lottery pick to Houston and gets Lowry.
    It's pretty entertaining.
    Wherehappens.

1. There was no proof that the rockets would have done that trade, only rumors that they wanted Drummond.
    2. Ross was high on lots of teams boards he could have been gone at 12. They got the guy they wanted who knows what could have happened
    3. They wanted Nash and yes that came back to bite them but they had a plan and stuck to it.
    4. Getting Lowery was clearly a backup plan, after this all unfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    1. There was no proof that the rockets would have done that trade, only rumors that they wanted Drummond.
    2. Ross was high on lots of teams boards he could have been gone at 12. They got the guy they wanted who knows what could have happened
    3. They wanted Nash and yes that came back to bite them but they had a plan and stuck to it.
    4. Getting Lowery was clearly a backup plan, after this all unfolded.
    There were plenty of rumors of Houston trying to trade up to the top 10 to land Drummond. That's enough evidence for me. Ross would not have been picked before 12. Detroit, New Orleans, and Portland weren't interested. Getting Lowry back was a desperate attempt to salvage their Free Agency debacle. Lowry wasn't their backup plan. Dragic was. You can spin it any way you like, they've pretty much wasted their resources and improved very little in the process.

There were plenty of rumors of Houston trying to trade up to the top 10 to land Drummond. That's enough evidence for me. Ross would not have been picked before 12. Detroit, New Orleans, and Portland weren't interested. Getting Lowry back was a desperate attempt to salvage their Free Agency debacle. Lowry wasn't their backup plan. Dragic was. You can spin it any way you like, they've pretty much wasted their resources and improved very little in the process.
    What? I'm not spinning anything. You can't just say what they should have done after all of this has unfolded.

They wanted Ross, they took him. Ross is going to be a hell of a player IMO. They were not offered the number 12 pick and Lowery for 8, so that point is nothing. They wanted Nash he was the prize, they lost out. And yes when they could not get who they wanted they fell to Lowry. I don't understand what you would have wanted them to do. The only thing that is stupid that they did was sign Landry, but it was a risk they took to grab Nash. Should they just have said to hell with it after they lose out on Nash and not made the deal for Lowry? because things didn't go there way for Nash?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    What? I'm not spinning anything. You can't just say what they should have done after all of this has unfolded.

They wanted Ross, they took him. Ross is going to be a hell of a player IMO. They were not offered the number 12 pick and Lowery for 8, so that point is nothing. They wanted Nash he was the prize, they lost out. And yes when they could not get who they wanted they fell to Lowry. I don't understand what you would have wanted them to do. The only thing that is stupid that they did was sign Landry, but it was a risk they took to grab Nash. Should they just have said to hell with it after they lose out on Nash and not made the deal for Lowry? because things didn't go there way for Nash?
    You got it. They were so desperate that they gave lottery protection to the Rockets for Lowry. That's unheard of. The plan was flawed from the start and they paid heavily for it as a result. It's as simple as that. It was an act of desperation.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I have a feeling we are going to get Nick Young with that Jamal Crawford signing. Well hopefully we do.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Now that is an ugly signing of jamal Crwaford

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I hate the CLippers, but if I'm them, I definitely go for Ray Allen harder than Crawford. Apparently they disagreed however.
    @DanielVeuleman

Trev chimes in on the lowery trade...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 05 14.45.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	4082

Sorry Hoopshype doesn't allow copy/paste.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Makes Raptors deft look horrible!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Lowry's a very good player and even better, not old and on a team friendly deal. That was a good trade.

Fields is overpaid as hell, but on the plus side he was a plus rotation player for NY even with his shot completely going in the tank. If he rediscovers his rookie stroke from outside, he'll end up helping them. He does a lot of little things well that go unnoticed by most ... rebounds very well for a guard, passes the ball extremely well, he's good at scoring points without the ball from offensive rebounds and cuts to the lane.

20 mil is still LOL for him, but the Raps offseason hasn't been a terrible one.

I think you'll see some teams overpay bums simply to get to the cap floor... don't be shocked at some of t he ridiculous contracts that teams give out.

Raptors starting 5:

Lowry
    Ross
    De Rozan
    Bargani
    Valenciaunas

Bench:
    Bayless
    Ed Davis
    Amir Johnson

I ve seen worse, specialy in the East

Brandon Bass resigns with Boston on a three-year deal.

Kidd to sign with Knicks.................LOL Cuban!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    DEM MAVS

Mavs should blow it up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mavs are getting destroyed this offseason hahaha.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Mavs should blow it up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats somewhere EJ can go. If we match we can convince him to go to Dallas LOL....who do they have that we would want tho?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    The Mavs are getting destroyed this offseason hahaha.
    i think cuban was banking on landing dwill. i will say this, the players they lost were their old ones, so not they have an opportunity to get young. i expect a couple of bad seasons from them though.

This might have been brought up earlier in the thread, I haven't been keeping up... But what's up with Javale McGee?

Thread Information