Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    I think what the Heat have shown is that you can win with just 4 or 5 guys and then fill it up with vet min or min contract players.

I'm not rooting for the Nets or anything, I just want this Dwightmare to end. And the only way it does is if he goes to the Nets.
    The new CBA stops teams over the lux tax from having as much room as as other teams. It's going to be much harder for those teams to sign guys because the teams under the lux tax can offer like double of what teams like Miami can.

Plus, with Miami it wasn't those veterans on minimum contracts that won them the title, it was those veterans on solid deals that did. Something Brooklyn won't be able to do. Mike Miller at 6M, Udonis Haslem at 4.1M, Joel Anthony at 3.8M, Shane Battier at 3.1M, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    If they can get those players plus the 2013, 2015, & 2017 1 round draft picks then Orlando has no choice but to take this deal and run. They won't get a better offer.
    I agree, there arent many teams that just want to rent Howard for a year and he has made it clear thats what it will be just a rental until he can sign with the Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    I think what the Heat have shown is that you can win with just 4 or 5 guys and then fill it up with vet min or min contract players.

I'm not rooting for the Nets or anything, I just want this Dwightmare to end. And the only way it does is if he goes to the Nets.
    Yes, but all the Heat big 3 took much less than the max to make it work. The Nets would end up with 3 max players.

Rumors are surfacing of a CP3/Dwight Howard/Josh Smith in Atlanta thing next offseason.

Dear Clipper fans, have fun worrying about where or if CP3 will sign with you guys all season long and listening to trade rumors....

@DatPurpleHornet

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Touché. I deserve that. This crow I'm eating tastes terrible.

Still don't think this deal happens (still a bad deal for the Magic), but it's clear Prok is willing to pay.
    I'm going to be honest, I don't think it all happens, BUT it's possible. I wouldnt be surprised if they send Wallace over. I'd be less surprised if he goes elsewhere. I saw Simmons say something like "I'm stunned Orlando isnt crazy about crazy about trading the league's third best player for 3 non all stars and 3 crappy picks". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
    I agree, there arent many teams that just want to rent Howard for a year and he has made it clear thats what it will be just a rental until he can sign with the Nets.
    He won't be able to sign with the Nets. The Gerald wallce and Joe Johnson deals ensured that. It will be via trade or sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Yes, but all the Heat big 3 took much less than the max to make it work. The Nets would end up with 3 max players.
    Still 100 million dollar contracts. Not like they're playing for 10 mill a year.,

From Clipper Forums...lmao, they get to live what we lived with for 2 seasons...

If CP3 is truly committed to us like BG has recently shown by agreeing to sign his contract. How hard is it for CP3 to make a public statement just like Tim Duncan did and Kevin Durant did? Why doesnt CP3 just come out and make a public statement that he inteneds to sign the contract next year and doesnt plan on going anywhere else. He can add a simple statement that says as long as the Clippers continue to do there part to bring the Players and Staff to help me bring a titile or championship to the Clippers I wont leave.

Until CP3 has shown that he is committed to us like Tim Duncan has done with the spurs. Instead of leaving us wondering if he will resign. I think we should all entertain the idea Trading Him!
    Look I think that CP3 owes it to Clipper fans to be honest regarding his future. A simple statement to the Media would do wonders. So I am building Public Awareness. I dont want CP3 to use us just like he used the Hornets and bailed. He askes to come to the Clippers and now he should be honest with his fans. Especially after rumors are circulating that he is planning to goto the Knicks in NY. A simple statement would avould the Drama and give Clipper fans a true Feeling of what will happen after the coming season. I think that CP3 owes it tous to be honest. Thats it!

Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
    From Clipper Forums...lmao, they get to live what we lived with for 2 seasons...
    Oh how the tables have turned....and contrary to the second poster there....CP3 asked to go to the Lakers NOT the Clips....don't they remember he almost sued the NBA for not letting the Laker trade go thru.....he settled for the Clips...big difference.

Ugh...so much grammar and spelling errors from Clippers' fans...head hurt...lol. I do love the whole "He owes us" idea. He's only been there for a year, how much can he really owe them

But seriously, I can't imagine that they haven't at least talked about an extension with CP. Has anyone heard about a Clippers extension, because I don't recall reading about one
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

@Jonathan_Feigen
    Sides so far apart on cntract, meeting yesterday ended w/ thanks and good luck kind of exchange. Still, Dragic hasn't gotten that deal yet
    @Jonathan_Feigen
    As @ESPNSteinLine mentioned last night, little chance of Dragic return to Rockets. Source: "Goran's not coming back. Just not happening."
    Look like he's really set on getting paid 10mil a year from somebody. Think the Rockets offered 8mil a yr.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Ugh...so much grammar and spelling errors from Clippers' fans...head hurt...lol. I do love the whole "He owes us" idea. He's only been there for a year, how much can he really owe them

But seriously, I can't imagine that they haven't at least talked about an extension with CP. Has anyone heard about a Clippers extension, because I don't recall reading about one
    http://www.knicksfanaticsblog.com/20...extension.html
    Last edited by Miss_318; 07-03-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post

Clippers offered the 3 year extension and he declined. Waiting for the longer (5 year) one.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/01/ch...ct-knicks-nba/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Clippers offered the 3 year extension and he declined. Waiting for the longer (5 year) one.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/01/ch...ct-knicks-nba/
    See, this is why I love this place. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    Look like he's really set on getting paid 10mil a year from somebody. Think the Rockets offered 8mil a yr.
    Too rich for my blood. I cannot believe he did not take a contract starting at $8 million (unless it was only for 3 years).

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    Darth Vader** Good.......Goood
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Darth Vader** Good.......Goood
    He might have to realize he might not get 10 from anyone else if the Rockets who need him won't give him that.....but then again....there's always someone stupid enough to do it in the NBA. LOL. I will say I would rather pay him than Batum....thats just me tho. I think people are reeeeaaallly sleeping on what Aminu and Miller can do....

Anybody that pays Dragic 10mill/yr need to be fired before the ink on that contract is dry.

I bet he does get a 10 million deal from someone. I wouldn't do more than 7 or 8.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Anybody that pays Dragic 10mill/yr need to be fired before the ink on that contract is dry.
    They'd probably be fired anyway for their team sucking. NBA coaches/management get fired pretty quickly when their teams are doing poorly... it's part of the reason they go overboard with spending. I guess at the least they figure they have one more year of job security.

"The Nets and the Magic are discussing a trade that would send Howard to the Nets for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017, sources said. Lopez and Humphries, who are both free agents, would go to Orlando in sign-and-trade deals."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ts-sources-say

The Nets are back on trying to get Dwight

EDIT: Just thought of something...so that means Orlando would have to work out deals for both Humphries AND Lopez in order to help the Nets with this trade. They could just take a better price somewhere else.
    Last edited by Ur_Gmas_Daughtr; 07-03-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Since the Nets are using the non-taxpayer mid-level, their payroll cannot exceed $74M under new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Who are they using it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ur_Gmas_Daughtr View Post
    "The Nets and the Magic are discussing a trade that would send Howard to the Nets for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017, sources said. Lopez and Humphries, who are both free agents, would go to Orlando in sign-and-trade deals."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ts-sources-say

The Nets are back on trying to get Dwight

EDIT: Just thought of something...so that means Orlando would have to work out deals for both Humphries AND Lopez in order to help the Nets with this trade. They could just take a better price somewhere else.
    Man... That's about as bad a deal as you could ever hope for. Much worse than what we got for Chris Paul, who is widely seen as the inferior player to Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Man... That's about as bad a deal as you could ever hope for. Much worse than what we got for Chris Paul, who is widely seen as the inferior player to Howard.
    Not so sure about that statement. A dominant center will always be seen in greater light than a valuable point guard. But Paul's efficency numbers always soar over Howards. Debating on building a team around either is debatable. Paul is also considered one of the best point guards to play the game. He's almost a clone of Isaiah Thomas.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Thread Information