Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Gordon and Dragic. Yes. Then trade Jack to a team desparate for a PG... Isn't he from Atlanta? Atlanta seems to be embracing the tank... send Jack there for a 2nd rounder or something
    Atlanta just traded for a pg and has teague. Will need to find another destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Reports of Joe Johnson traded to the nets for Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar and DeShawn Stevenson and forwards Jordan Williams and Johan Petro, along with a draft pick

Nets and Magic close to a trade that will send Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks, and Nets 1st round picks in 2014, 2016, & 2018 to the Magic for Dwight Howard.
    Don;'t see Greewe and Mr. West beating their chest now. If it were about money they would have pulled out completely. It's not about money with this owner.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

NBA G.Hill agrees to 5 year deal with Pacers

NBA - Pacers, starting PG George Hill agree to five-year deal, his agent tells Indianapolis Star

Amount of money not known.

there was a reason for the FA thread being made

D. Howard might get his wish... Nets/Magic deal in the works

There is still a chance that Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard could become a member of the Brooklyn Nets, according to league sources.

The Nets and the Orlando Magic are discussing a trade that would send Howard to the Nets for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017, sources said. Lopez and Humphries, who are both free agents, would go to Orlando in sign-and-trade deals.

The move would be the Nets' second blockbuster trade this week and would give them a big three of Howard, Deron Williams and Joe Johnson that could rival the NBA champion Miami Heat's heralded trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ts-sources-say
    Now that Russian billionaire don't give a damn about the Lux tax lol.

I'm surprised the media is trying to move Chris Paul from L.A. so fast. It started yesterday with the Hawks trades. ESPN's front page is going hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Don;'t see Greewe and Mr. West beating their chest now. If it were about money they would have pulled out completely. It's not about money with this owner.
    Touché. I deserve that. This crow I'm eating tastes terrible.

Still don't think this deal happens (still a bad deal for the Magic), but it's clear Prok is willing to pay.
    Last edited by greewe; 07-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.

My reaction to the Dwight Howard possible trade is meh. That team isn't winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    there was a reason for the FA thread being made
    yeah so the mods can merge all the other threads, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    My reaction to the Dwight Howard possible trade is meh. That team isn't winning anything.
    Seriously? Deron | JJ | Wallace | *whoever* | Howard isn't going to win anything? I think if anything, that has a chance to compete with Miami. Miami Big 3 is still better, but that possible Nets Big 3 fit better.

so a team of at least howard dwill and gwall cant win anything? that team has practically unlimited resources, they could sign another impact role player and easily be a top team in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    yeah so the mods can merge all the other threads, duh
    Or maybe they could just start deleting them when they're not put into this thread.

Not sure I agree. Let's say it all comes together, they would have DWill, Howard, Joe Johnson, and Wallace...that is a very solid foundation to build upon. I could easily see them giving Miami all they could handle in the East.
    the Legend has spoken!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    So far, this is true: Orlando hasn't seen an offer from any team that it believes is enough to seriously consider trading Howard now.

15m Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    There isn't great enthusiasm within Magic that the Nets have the ability to make the most appealing offer for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y!

54m Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    For Nets-Magic to progress on a Dwight Howard deal, a 3rd team needed to take Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, league source tells Y!
    Orlando is the one that has to want to dance and sounds like right now they don't see a trade from the Nets that will benefit their team.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Or maybe they could just start deleting them when they're not put into this thread.
    maybe, but not likely. i think its not a good idea to have one mega thread about free agents anyway. people want to talk about/respond to certain players on how much they received, etc. having to go to pages 2-4 to read about this person and 10-11 to see about that person is worse than giving each player they own thread when they sign. why do you think threads like these get so out of hand and off topic after a while? just saying, back to reality.

A team of Dwill and Dwight Howard without the other two would have a good chance. With Wallace and Johnson being paid what they are and not improving, how does Brooklyn acquire anything else? You're in the luxury tax with just those guys, right? I see this team as a slightly-less-doomed version of NYK. We'll see if it goes down, but my on the record is that group doesn't win a Eastern Conference or NBA Title.

A team of Dwill and Dwight Howard without the other two would have a good chance. With Wallace and Johnson being paid what they are and not improving, how does Brooklyn acquire anything else? You're in the luxury tax with just those guys, right? I see this team as a slightly-less-doomed version of NYK. We'll see if it goes down, but my on the record is that group doesn't win a Eastern Conference or NBA Title.
    But didn't you hear? They're owner is so doggone rich. He laughs at the luxury tax.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    Seriously? Deron | JJ | Wallace | *whoever* | Howard isn't going to win anything? I think if anything, that has a chance to compete with Miami. Miami Big 3 is still better, but that possible Nets Big 3 fit better.
    Depends, they'd likely have to sign Net fans to fill the remaining 8 spots on the roster.

Yeah. Nets offers are just crap. Maybe they should start by finding a taker for Brook Lopez and Humphries first.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Depends, they'd likely have to sign Net fans to fill the remaining 8 spots on the roster.
    it couldnt be worse than whay miami had to do, also wallace only took 10 mil a year, thats no where close to the max. players would take peanuts to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I think what the Heat have shown is that you can win with just 4 or 5 guys and then fill it up with vet min or min contract players.

I'm not rooting for the Nets or anything, I just want this Dwightmare to end. And the only way it does is if he goes to the Nets.

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
    Nets offering MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, Brook Lopez for Dwight Howard. (via Broussard)
    Does the Magic take this?

supposedly they were also throwing in 3 1st rounders in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Free agent Antawn Jamison, an ex-North Carolina star, will visit the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday

If they can get those players plus the 2013, 2015, & 2017 1 round draft picks then Orlando has no choice but to take this deal and run. They won't get a better offer.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Thread Information