Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I cannot understand why any team would bail Atlanta out of JJs contract. It is a huge albatross. He is good, but 31 years old with about $90 million left over 4 years. Amazing how stupid some GMs. The Nets will be built around JJ, DWill and Lopez I guess.
    The Nets owner is the 57th richest person in the world according to Forbes so he might not mind paying the luxury tax.

Ken Berger:

A person involved in talks debunks notion that Joe Johnson trade is tied to Deron Williams/Brooklyn. "No contingencies," the person says. The Nets wouldn't have been so aggressive in pursuing Johnson, of course, without blessing from Williams. Nets remain confident he'll stay.
    Expand

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Rumor Nets aquiring Joe Johnson

ESPN NBA - Nets agree to acquire Joe Johnson from Hawks, contingent on Deron Williams re-signing - Sources

Dwight Howard can for get about signing with the Nets next summer because thats no longer an option now that they have made the Joe Johnson trade.

Is Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson and a 2013 protected first-round pick from the Rockets enough for Joe Johnson?

I don't want his contract but that is a lot of mediocre players for a top player.

Why not Vasquez, Henry, Ayon, Aminu, Smith and a pick!

Quote Originally Posted by Ur_Gmas_Daughtr View Post
    Is Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson and a 2013 protected first-round pick from the Rockets enough for Joe Johnson?

I don't want his contract but that is a lot of mediocre players for a top player.

That's what I thought, what a bunch of scrubs for JJ

It is a salary dump. Atlanta is lucky there was someone willing to take him.

The Hawks are starting over, so they are ridding themselves of crap contracts, now honestly I don't think JJ is really all that, he is pretty old already too
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Hawks had 4 years $89,295,016 left on his contract. Final year at $24,894,863. There truly is no such thing as an untradeable contract. Congrats Hawks.

Humor is reason gone mad Savagetaint's Avatar
    Leave it to Billy King to help a team get rid of the worst contract in the NBA. The Hawks can now focus on moving Josh Smith, who will net them (pun intended) a pretty good return. They will be able to rebuild around Al Horford and should have oodles of cap room for 2013. The Nets on the other hand can look forward to 4 years of middling mediocrity.
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Rumor Joe Johnson to the Nets?

ESPN reporting JJ on his way to NJ for Morrow, Petro, Farmar, Williams, Stevenson via S&T, and also Rockets protected 2013 1st rounder.

Got to keep Greene and Brooks.

Deal is dependent on DWill agreeing to stay in NJ.

Hmmm... guess D12 won't be going to Brooklyn after all.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ks-sources-say

Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh
    RIP "Untradeable Contract" label.

Woops... didn't think the Trades went in here... My bad.

What IF Dwight doesn't go to the Nets and Deron signs with the Mavs. Terrible team. Terrible contracts.

Billy King has to be the dumbest GM in sports to trade for a 31yr old Joe Johnson who has 4yrs and almost 100 million left on contract.

What IF Dwight doesn't go to the Nets and Deron signs with the Mavs. Terrible team. Terrible contracts.
    The Dwight Howard to the Nets ship has sailed now.

This trade only occurs if Williams signs with the Nets.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Nets, of course, would've preferred to get Dwight, but Magic refused to engage in trade talks. Source: 'They didn't want to dance with us.

Source on Nets moving on from possibility of getting Dwight: "Dwight blew it in March'' when he waived opt-out clause.

Sources: The Hawks-Nets trade is NOT contingent on Deron Williams staying with Nets

The deal had once been contingent upon Deron Williams agreeing to stay with the Nets, but that is no longer the case. Sources close to the process said Monday that the Nets have changed their stance and are preparing to go through with the trade whether or not Williams commits to Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    This trade only occurs if Williams signs with the Nets.
    Sources: The Hawks-Nets trade is NOT contingent on Deron Williams staying with Nets

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Nets, of course, would've preferred to get Dwight, but Magic refused to engage in trade talks. Source: 'They didn't want to dance with us.

Source on Nets moving on from possibility of getting Dwight: "Dwight blew it in March'' when he waived opt-out clause.

You have to be kidding me. A three year old could run the Nets team better than King does. This could go down as an even worse trade than the Blazers one if Deron screws them over and bounces to Dallas.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    You have to be kidding me. A three year old could run the Nets team better than King does. This could go down as an even worse trade than the Blazers one if Deron screws them over and bounces to Dallas.
    The way I see since the JJ trade, the Nets are screwed even if Deron resigns with them.

Seeing how Howard is a FA next offseason, where do you see him going?

This whole situation is crazy and annoying, and if I am the Magic I would offer Hedo and Dwight for Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks, and Gerald Wallace, and also a few picks

Hahaha on the nets not waiting on Dwight. He's
    Going to the Lakers watch. I don't see Dwight being the guy to take less cash to play where he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Seeing how Howard is a FA next offseason, where do you see him going?

This whole situation is crazy and annoying, and if I am the Magic I would offer Hedo and Dwight for Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks, and Gerald Wallace, and also a few picks
    He wont have many options New Orleans may be his only real option if he wants to compete for a title. Also Brook Lopez (if resigned) and Gerald Wallace cant be traded for a while since they just signed a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Hahaha on the nets not waiting on Dwight. He's
    Going to the Lakers watch. I don't see Dwight being the guy to take less cash to play where he wants.
    Makes the most sense at this point. I am very curious to see how this affects their ability to resign Brook. After absorbing JJs contract, assumingly maxing out Deron, and taking into account the recent Wallace resigning, I doubt they can match larger bids. And without Brook, theyll be a very mediocre team considering even Humphries is even more likely to leave, meaning they would have no frontcourt.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-02-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Thread Information