Pelicans Report

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1185

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    i saw this. Sorry if its a dup

Steve Bulpett
    ‏@SteveBHoop 24m Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel
    Getting word PHX & New Orleans are the teams that were - and still may be - involved in Celt deal for Courtney Lee.
    We could be shipping out X or Brad Miller doubt we get much back but Demps is the master of little trades.

I just hope they grab a big body in the process. The rockets and celtics have about 12 of them!

Wow..... Just about kills his trade value.

"Dwight's position has remained unchanged since the end of this past season," said Dan Fegan of LaGardere Unlimited. "He fully intends to explore free agency at the end of next season, regardless of what team trades for him, including Brooklyn."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...re-free-agency

I don't think Dell Demps sleeps.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    I don't think Dell Demps sleeps.
    He prolly doesn't because he has nightmares about centers!! I just had to say it!

He slept through the bidding for Brand and Haywood.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I'm going to get smashed for this, but Howard for Aminu and JSmith + our 2013 1st round pick (top-3 protected) and our 2015 1st round pick (lottery protected) works financially. The salaries don't match, but they don't have to since we are under the cap. Orlando gets 2 young players + a couple of 1st round picks to re-build with, which is a lot considering Howard doesn't hold much value any more since he won't sign an extension with any team that trades for him.

Our current space = $45.030 million

Add in Howard's $19.261 million, and we are up to $64.291 million. Then, subtract Aminu ($2.947 mil) and JSmith ($2.5 mil), and we're at $58.8 million - right on top of the cap, but I'm sure there are ways around the extra few hundred thousand. GMs get paid for this sort of manipulation.

Anthony Davis is opening eyes. Players will want to play with him. Rivers is developing, and he is another draw. Gordon was the last cut on the Olympic team, and he is only 23. Also, we would still have the MLE, and Lewis is $13.7 million coming off the books next year, so we could add another big piece to the team next FA period too. You also have to figure in the $50 million dollars worth of improvements to the arena, Benson as the new local owner, the lease with the city, and the re-brand. Davis just signed a big deal with Nike, so the marketing is definitely available.

PG - Vasquez, Rivers
    SG - Gordon, Henry
    SF - Henry, Miller
    PF - Davis, Anderson
    C - Howard

^ That is the core, plus a $10+ million dollar FA next year, or a few $3-5 million dollar FAs + the MLE. I think there is a real good chance that Howard would want to re-sign with us.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 07-19-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I'm going to get smashed for this, but Howard for Aminu and JSmith + our 2013 1st round pick (top-3 protected) and our 2015 1st round pick (lottery protected) works financially. The salaries don't match, but they don't have to since we are under the cap. Orlando gets 2 young players + a couple of 1st round picks to re-build with, which is a lot considering Howard doesn't hold much value any more since he won't sign an extension with any team that trades for him.

Our current space = $45.030 million

Add in Howard's $19.261 million, and we are up to $64.291 million. Then, subtract Aminu ($2.947 mil) and JSmith ($2.5 mil), and we're at $58.8 million - right on top of the cap, but I'm sure there are ways around the extra few hundred thousand. GMs get paid for this sort of manipulation.

Anthony Davis is opening eyes. Players will want to play with him. Rivers is developing, and he is another draw. Gordon was the last cut on the Olympic team, and he is only 23. Also, we would still have the MLE, and Lewis is $13.7 million coming off the books next year, so we could add another big piece to the team next FA period too. You also have to figure in the $50 million dollars worth of improvements to the arena, Benson as the new local owner, the lease with the city, and the re-brand. Davis just signed a big deal with Nike, so the marketing is definitely available.

PG - Vasquez, Rivers
    SG - Gordon, Henry
    SF - Henry, Miller
    PF - Davis, Anderson
    C - Howard

^ That is the core, plus a $10+ million dollar FA next year, or a few $3-5 million dollar FAs + the MLE. I think there is a real good chance that Howard would want to re-sign with us.
    haha theres the slim we all know and love

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    haha theres the slim we all know and love

I haven't posted one in forever. I saved up all of my trade points to post this mammoth!

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I haven't posted one in forever. I saved up all of my trade points to post this mammoth!
    well shes a beauty.. make sure you hide the lube from the magic too

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    well shes a beauty.. make sure you hide the lube from the magic too
    That is a hell of a lot more than what Toronto got for Bosh and what Cleveland got for LeBron, both of whom waited until the last second like Orlando did with Howard. The fact of the matter is that his trade value is nothing right now compared to what it would have been had they traded him last year like we did with CP.

slim, I'm pretty sure there's a cap hold for 1st round picks
    "Just bring him in here, I’m going to block everything"

Houston can and would give up more.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Houston can and would give up more.
    Agreed. If the Magic want picks and young talent, Houston has much more to offer.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Oh well. A for effort

Oh well. A for effort
    As always :P

I guess this is goodbye Marco. I shall miss your streaking Italian flags!

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

It sounds like Marco Belinelli and the Chicago Bulls are in advanced talks. Nothing imminent, but he may sign for the bi-annual exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    There were flags?

good fit
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

I don't get it. If he is willing to sign for that, why the heck have we not signed him back?

Well if Jujube's translation was correct in that Belinelli article,

I'm sure the hornets want me back and i had a great time with them. I'd be fine to stay with them. I want to win: when it'll be time to choose i'll think first and foremost about an organization whose objective is to win. New orleans is planning to do big things. It's a bit early to talk about a title
    Sounds like he'd be fine to stay with us but if another org closer to winning a title gives him a look, he's out. A few of us were here last year saying that the main reason he came back was because he didn't have any/many offers last summer.

He's only 26 and a backup player and already he is looking for a title?

Maybe the Hornets didn't want him back?

Thread Information